eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
this thread has become surreal
Tu Stultus Es
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

13rin wrote:

I've often wondered what a 'suspicious vehicle' looks like...
lay down in the back seat and let a black guy drive

ta-da
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6359

13rin wrote:

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/mexican_horse.jpg
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Fired with no charges. Doesn't appear that the cop actually committed any crime to be charged with. Being a dickhead isn't a crime.

Now, the guy with the ccp can sue in civil court for various things if he wants...but I would never endorse that.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
tuckergustav
+1,590|5884|...

13rin wrote:

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/32729/sus_veh.jpg
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney

13rin wrote:

The jerk cop was looking for a fight.   He refused to listen to the man and berated him at every opportunity.  He threatened to 'put lumps' on the woman and said basically he was going to harass the lawful carrier every time he saw him henceforth.  Power fucking tripping much?  The 'officer' seemed to about have that roid rage aura going on.  I initially voted for the mark/training option, but have since changed my mind.  He needs to be fired for behavior that.  People like him carrying a badge and gun scare the living shit out of me.  The Capt'n needs to seed everyone to training.  Hell, I don't really even know why the police stopped to search that car to begin with.

*side note:  The other officer seemed pretty mellow.  I'd hate to be him and have to sit next to that asshole every day for a 12 hour shift.  Hellish.
After watching the video and reading the majority of the thread, this sums it up best IMO.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

13rin wrote:

Wow...  If that is SOP for a stop and search in Ohio, then someone needs to rewrite the manual.  You pull everyone out of the car and then search it.  If they had done that to someone who actually wanted to harm those guys, both officers would be dead.

I also don't know when calling people 'haus' instead of 'sir/maam'  became acceptable practice for a LEO.  That 'officer' was a jerk and I don't understand how a guy like like that passes a psychological evaluation.

The jerk cop was looking for a fight.   He refused to listen to the man and berated him at every opportunity.  He threatened to 'put lumps' on the woman and said basically he was going to harass the lawful carrier every time he saw him henceforth.  Power fucking tripping much?  The 'officer' seemed to about have that roid rage aura going on.  I initially voted for the mark/training option, but have since changed my mind.  He needs to be fired for behavior that.  People like him carrying a badge and gun scare the living shit out of me.  The Capt'n needs to seed everyone to training.  Hell, I don't really even know why the police stopped to search that car to begin with.

*side note:  The other officer seemed pretty mellow.  I'd hate to be him and have to sit next to that asshole every day for a 12 hour shift.  Hellish.
This, basically.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
CC-Marley
+407|6799
Didn't he Threaten to Commit a Crime?
Jaekus
+957|5149|Sydney
Not that I saw?
CC-Marley
+407|6799
"I could" changes everything.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6547|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
An Officer telling a citizen he should have gunned him down for not letting him say he had CCW should be considered a crime if it aint already, man that cop is fucked up...Il retake the "Roid Rage Aura" to describe the guy.

I'm glad our cop are mostly happy here, and that they don't threaten to gun you down!
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North

Roger Lesboules wrote:

An Officer telling a citizen he should have gunned him down for not letting him say he had CCW should be considered a crime if it aint already, man that cop is fucked up...Il retake the "Roid Rage Aura" to describe the guy.

I'm glad our cop are mostly happy here, and that they don't threaten to gun you down!
no they just haul off and kick you in the face after you're already down lol
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

Fired with no charges. Doesn't appear that the cop actually committed any crime to be charged with. Being a dickhead isn't a crime.

Now, the guy with the ccp can sue in civil court for various things if he wants...but I would never endorse that.
Threatening to assault or kill someone is not a crime?

Should be fired, charged, and never allowed a govt job or any kind of firearm again.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2011-07-22 01:24:16)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Threatening to assault or kill someone is not a crime?

Should be fired, charged, and never allowed a govt job or any kind of firearm again.
He never said "I'm going to". His lawyers would have a field day with an assault charge, tbh.

Like I said, being a dickhead isn't a crime, even for a police officer...but it is grounds for termination.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
jaymz9350
+54|6547

RTHKI wrote:

13rin wrote:

Wow...  If that is SOP for a stop and search in Ohio, then someone needs to rewrite the manual.
doubt that..but ohio is fucked up
True but that is no where near a "normal" traffic stop I've ever been involved in (and I've had more than my fair share).  I've seen many cops that seem assholeish but some of that comes with the job (mom works for the OHP and I've met many many officers that aren't all that bad as long as you aren't being stopped by them) and if you don't egg them on and are calm with them like this driver was they tend to simmer down.

I voted fired no charges, not really anything he did that to me is criminal, just very very unprofessional.

Last edited by jaymz9350 (2011-07-22 04:12:32)

JahManRed
wank
+646|6598|IRELAND

Thankfully here the cops call you sir and you can call them Buddie or whatever. In the US you all seam to call the cops sir. Who's serving who?

Cop was unprofessional from the start. He was spoiling for a fight from the start. His attitude stunk. He didn't give the guy a chance to talk.

The Cop is clearly annoyed that a citizen has a gun. Hence all the references to using his gun on him. But his rage levels didn't really increase when he found out. Carried on with the same attitude.
I'm sure its added stress for a cop knowing that if someone is packing they could be a law abiding citizen or a murderer and their is no way to tell without walking right up to that person. Carry and conceal is a stupid law I'm sure most cops aren't happy about.

Cop shouldn't loose his job. Looks like he could do with a stress management course.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Carry and conceal is a stupid law I'm sure most cops aren't happy about.
He shouldn't have chosen that career if he didn't like the law as it stands.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6547|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Carry and conceal is a stupid law I'm sure most cops aren't happy about.
He shouldn't have chosen that career if he didn't like the law as it stands.
This, plus i dont see what's the problem with CCW, in normal circumstances you tell the officer you have a weapon, and everything is fine...that is, if that cop have the good sense to let you speak a little. Im sure some of our member here got pulled over while CCW and have a little story to share on how it went!
Jaekus
+957|5149|Sydney
Look, as an Aussie with our very restricted gun laws I still can't realistically understand conceal carry laws, but this cop was completely out of line. That guy really did nothing wrong. The cop made errors, was unaware yet pinned his own errors on the driver. What fucking choice do you have when attempting to tell a cop you're carrying and he carries on like that? The driver could've been a little more staunch but it's not his place to be so, and he wore it as a consequence. I hope the cop loses his job as a lesson and a new recruit takes his place and enforces the law in a much more just manner.

$0.02
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

as a CWP holder, I've been pulled or at checkpoint - I just hand over my license and my permit and sometimes they ask where it is, most just nod and hand it back to me

but I live in a somewhat gun friendly area so its not unusual to come across a few with a CWP
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6359
I find you one more time tonight I'm gonna put lumps on ya
And every time I'm putting you in the computer. I see this car I'm pulling you over and I'm towing it. I'm gonna pull that car over, tow it, and you're going to jail every time.
Those aren't threats, abuse of power? Wow, I don't even know what to say if you can't see a HUGE problem with an officer making those statements - not to mention the shooting statements.

Police are not above the law, but this cop knows he can get away with shit and probably has. All the arrests and convictions the officer has participated in are now in question - especially those that claimed similar actions by the officer. If I was a juror I wouldn't trust anything this officer said or wrote in his report. He has lost all creditability.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
Come on lowing, defend the badge...
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
That officer did not handle the situation in a professional manner, had it not been for the threats, which show that he has personal issues which he shouldn't bring to work, I would say he needed more training.

But due to his deplorable behavior, which is a nice window to his character, he needs to be off the force.

America has enough power-mongering cops, I hope this video will take one more off the force, which is meant to "Protect and Serve."
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

I think ultimately the cop realized he fucked up when he knows he is suppose to pull the driver out during a search

because what if the driver did have intent to kill the cop and then the dumbass cop goes sticking his head in the backseat while his partner is dealing with the passenger

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard