Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
cutting out my 1 scoop shake after breakfast and my 4 eggs.
That cuts out like 300kcals and 60g of protein. Should be sufficient to put me at maintenance level (little under 2500kcals)
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5339|Sydney
Yeah, monitor it for a couple weeks and see if your weight changes much.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
it wil probably sit around 65.
I dont think it will stay at 67
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
Perhaps. Thing is the muscle always builds a lot quicker the second time around.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
Yeah but it wont build when i dont lift, so i dont expect to gain anything
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
True.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
But who knows, maybe when i start again i'll gain like crazy.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6970|Marathon, Florida Keys
ive been starving myself of carbs for the past few weeks and even with a scoop and a half of noexplode my workouts have been shit because of no energy. Woke up at 9 and ate 2 sweet potatoes and then had a bowl of mac and cheese about 3 hours later. took some noexplode went to the gym at 2 and got out at 4, started by sprinting 1/2 mile at 10.5mph on the treadmill then did an entire back and shoulder workout with a shit load of energy to spare, i would have stayed longer but the gym closes at 4 on sundays. What a fucking difference, carbs are fine as long as you dont go overboard & you lift hard. Im still sitting here with a buzz i wish i did squats today.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5398|Cleveland, Ohio
ya i never got the whole cutting carbs thing.  i have bread for a sandwich and brown rice with my chicken and beans.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+796|6845|United States of America
The feeling of fatigue is based off of muscle glycogen stores, so if you use them and don't replace them, you're gonna be pretty lethargic.
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
You're supposed to eat carbs both before and after your workout. It's where you get your energy from.
11 Bravo
Banned
right so adjusted the diet a bit.  eat about every 2 or 3 hours

fruit bowl (1 apple, 1 cup of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries)
1 chicken sandwich on whole grain bread with spinach and mustard
2 cups of brown rice, shredded chicken, and 2 cups or red kidney beans
1/4 cup of unsalted peanuts
1 cup of fat free yogurt
1 cup of baby carrots
2 scoops of protein powder with water

seems to work pretty good for me.  mostly organic stuff.  lots of superfoods.

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2011-07-10 17:55:43)

it's all great just shove it in
11 Bravo
Banned
thats what she said
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney

11 Bravo wrote:

fruit bowl (1 apple, 1 cup of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries)
1 cup of fat free yogurt
1 cup of baby carrots

How many cals approx. is that?
11 Bravo
Banned

Jaekus wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

1 cup of fat free yogurt
1 cup of baby carrots

about 2000 or so
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6473

I need some shorts for cycling as all my current athletic ones are baggy and meant for soccer/basketball.

Any (non-chafing) brand recommendations?
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney

11 Bravo wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

1 cup of fat free yogurt
1 cup of baby carrots

about 2000 or so
Yeah ok. I thought it was less but it depends on the sizes of your portions I guess.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6698|Long Island, New York
I finally pushed myself really hard this morning on my run. 11 mins on the 1.5.
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
After reading this I can understand why I actually lost weight whilst drinking twice the weekend just gone, and how I can go to this Colombian party this Friday and be guilt free: The truth about alcohol, fat loss and muscle growth
Stimey
­
+786|6281|Ontario | Canada

ebug9 wrote:

I need some shorts for cycling as all my current athletic ones are baggy and meant for soccer/basketball.

Any (non-chafing) brand recommendations?
go to the nike store m8
­
­
­
­
­
­
Stimey
­
+786|6281|Ontario | Canada

Jaekus wrote:

After reading this I can understand why I actually lost weight whilst drinking twice the weekend just gone, and how I can go to this Colombian party this Friday and be guilt free: The truth about alcohol, fat loss and muscle growth
I've always just treated alcohol as extra cals in my diet
hard to guestimate how much I'll end up drinking in a night though hahah
­
­
­
­
­
­
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney

Stimey wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I've always just treated alcohol as extra cals in my diet
hard to guestimate how much I'll end up drinking in a night though hahah
Haha yeah same here. I've been avoiding pigging out at 3am whilst smashed, and it must be working.

Also, here's another interesting article from the same site - Is Late Night Eating Better for Fat Loss and Health?

Influence of meal time on salivary circadian cortisol rhythms and weight loss in obese women.

Results: Using almost the exact same setup as the aforementioned study by Sensi & Capani (1987), it was found that splitting the daily calorie intake evenly into five meals consumed every other hour between 9 AM-8 PM, eating all calories in the morning (9-11 AM), or in the evening (6-8 PM) did not affect weight loss, metabolic rate or cortisol differently. The limitations here are once again a very short study duration for each phase (18 days). Quote for those worrying about cortisol and fasting:

"At the end of the stages studied, we found no significant changes in the circadian rhythm of cortisol secretion regardless of the timing of diet ingestion, even after 22 h of fasting."

It might be worth noting that nitrogen loss, which is a rough marker for muscle loss, was not affected by eating time or meal frequency; there was no difference between the 5-meal phase or the 22-hour fasting phases with one AM/PM-meal.
Combine that with other controlled studies, and I'm never going to worry about eating 5-6 small meals every three hours EVER again!
Greater Weight Loss and Hormonal Changes After 6 Months Diet With Carbohydrates Eaten Mostly at Dinner.

In this latest and well-designed 6-month study on calorie distribution throughout the day, participants who ate most of their daily carb-intake at dinner (8 PM or later) lost more fat, experienced greater fullness throughout the diet, and saw more favorable hormonal changes than those who ate their carbs earlier in the day.

Group A received the carbs evenly split throughout the meals and snacks. Group B received the great majority of the total carb allotment (~170 g) at dinner. There are no details concerning the exact macronutrient amounts provided at each meal but the full-text paper contains the menus of each respective group. I would estimate that approximately 100-120 g carbs were consumed at dinner in group B.

Results: Both groups lost weight and saw improvements on several health markers, but group B lost more weight (-11 kg vs -9 kg), body fat (-7% vs -5%), stayed fuller and more satiety, and improved their hormonal profile more than group A

This study was solid, but for some reason there was no mention of how body fat percentage was measured. Similarly, calorie intake was not set individually and according to energy needs. However, given that everyone had the same job (police officer), it's fair to assume that physical activity did not vary much on an individual basis. Furthermore, sample size was very large (78 participants), which makes it unlikely that the results were confounded by these factors.

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-07-12 07:56:38)

Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dtaWqzV6d7M/TMC_lQFY1SI/AAAAAAAAA5E/hiRn0jPhJbI/s1600/Batman+and+Joker+Diet+Discussion.jpg
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
Lets face it.
Someone with 0 knowledge on fitness would take a ripped idiots advice over mine any day. And to be honest, it might seem stupid of them to do so, but i dont blame them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard