Metallicatt
+3|6786|Gold Coast, Down Under
Firstly, I don't claim to be a good pilot (Jet or Chopper) and I'm sure that others don't either, but they get in there and have a go and I applaud them for that.

BUT...

If you're a chopper pilot (troop carrier) and you head to an enemy base, pleassssssse, at least do a quick fly around the base so your gunners can scan it first.
DONT fly straight in and hover over the flag. That's suicide and a waste of time and you will probably get a few abuses and/or punish's for t/k if you slam it into the ground, (I don't condone this, but I've copped it once, and never again).
AND I'm pretty sure, you are aware that the side guns can't shoot directly underneath. Also, if you're getting shot at, while hovering, and you're team8's are telling you to "GO, GO, GO". I think they may see/know something that you can't. They are your eyes on the side.

Perfect example, last night, packed troop carrier, myself an Engineer, being a spotter and finding enemys all over the place. Pilot constantly flys straight in over a flag and we get hammered from all sides, and me, continually getting shot trying to keep the chopper repaired. And after all my frustration and everyone screaming at the pilot to get the Hell out, they just stay hovered?!?!?!?! What's the go with that?

AND to top it all off, after all the repairing I did, I STILL DIDN'T get my Engineer Badge. DOH! and WHAT THE!!! (and b4 you comment on this, YES, I was in a Ranked server as I got my Ground Defence Badge in it).

Now an Engi can fix pretty much anything, but not when the shots outway the fixing.

I will admit, I was fortunate enough to jump in a couple of choppers with some brilliant pilots at the stick, who not only knew HOW to fly but also LISTENED to their passengers, and it made my playing experience all that much better. I wish I could remember who they were, cause they deserve the applause.

(sigh) I think that's all I had to moan about...

Is it just me or have others had similar experiences??
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6844|Belgium

Nah, it's not you, there are still a bunch of people out there that do not know that since v1.03 only the pilot does the capping of the flag. Instead off hovering 5 seconds and than focussing on the enemy, you'll have to sit 30 or so seconds. Basically, the transport helicopter is back at transporting troops and giving covering fire instead of being a flying fortress. A bunch of wannabe pilots just don't know that yet.
But two things that can help the pilot, first, be in his squad and use VOIP, second, while being a gunner, not only shoot at everything that moves, but spot it as well. So the pilot knows how to respond accordingly. If they don't react on a big red apc on their minimap... don't fly with them.
R
Metallicatt
+3|6786|Gold Coast, Down Under
Yes, when the same pilot kept jumping in, I would USE THEM as a mule and when we got close to the target, I would jump and chute down to cover.

mmmm, I wish you could SHOOT while CHUTING. LOL.
Miakei
+1|6846|Los Angeles, CA
Umm, you can shoot while Chuting. After you deploy your chute, and the weapon comes out.
Course, doing that at high altitude essentially turns you into a giant pinata...

Last edited by Miakei (2005-10-27 08:27:52)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard