Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
Highest weigh-in yet.

67kg 
Stimey
­
+786|6281|Ontario | Canada
I've fucking lost 8 pounds since I came back from school.
And like fuck none of my lifts have gone up either.
Getting frustrated here

Last edited by Stimey (2011-06-28 16:30:44)

­
­
­
­
­
­
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5339|Sydney
I weighed myself today, same weight as six weeks ago and I've been eating a lot to gain muscle
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+691|6452|Washington St.
when I started lifting and gaining weight I was a bit underfed (10-15 lbs worth) and it was REALLY easy to gain that but after that I hit a max and haven't been able to jump up much since. Eating more AND lifting and I've hit a weight plateau. I'm not really complaining because it's where I wanted to be but maybe it's just how it works for everyone. Personally, I dunno.
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
Well I spent 6 months trying to get stronger and lose fat, which both happened. Now I've seemed to plateaued on my weight, whilst now working at my strength limits too.

Maybe I just need to be a bit more patient and give it another few weeks.
Stimey
­
idk how Im even losing weight eating 3500 cal a day.
its pretty facking annoying, I already eat like a horse.
its time consuming enough cooking/eating 5 meals a day, if I actually had anything to do during the summer I'd be fucked.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
Did 8 sets of 30sec sprint/60sec jog HIIT.
Wa supposed to do 7 sets this week, but i didnt get a chance to run my 6km on tuesday (it was waaay too hot) so i felt like pushing myself to do a little more.
I'll probably stick with 8 and 30/60 and just focus on increasing my speed.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6729|Mountains of NC

for anyone that has plateaued and it seems to be stuck in a rut with no gains. you need to change up your routine, keep your body guessing on what you're about to hit it with next.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
Yeah I've been doing that every 6-8 weeks. Maybe I'm a hardgainer
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
I think I'm plateauing. Some exercises I haven't gone up in for 6 workouts now, primarily the overhead press and BB curls.

Today was the end of 6 weeks of 3x8. I think I might try 5x again for a month and see if I can gain some more strength, same exercises.

Thoughts?
Stimey
­
yea do some 5x5s
my fucking OHP hasn't moved in forever. RAGE
­
­
­
­
­
­
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6917|Scotland

Jaekus wrote:

I think I'm plateauing. Some exercises I haven't gone up in for 6 workouts now, primarily the overhead press and BB curls.

Today was the end of 6 weeks of 3x8. I think I might try 5x again for a month and see if I can gain some more strength, same exercises.

Thoughts?
No, just add another set or start supersetting. Don't go back to 5x5.

And change it to 4x10
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
Ok, I'll give 4x10 a go. Should I just stay on one set of DLs instead of 4? I was doing 3x8 but it was painful after a while. and fucking hard. I was exhausted before moving onto the next exercises.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6699|Long Island, New York
So in order to get the "Warhawk" designation for field training, I need to to a mile and a half in 8:33. I don't have to get that high, but I'd like to aim for the highest goal.

Right now I do a mile in a half in about 12 minutes. I do a mile at my best in 6 minutes. Pretty good considering I just started realistically running a month and a half ago.

Tips for increasing stamina/agility/speed?
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
I don't know anything about them but I've heard it made mention a few times that plyometrics are good for building stamina.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6572|'Murka

Poseidon wrote:

So in order to get the "Warhawk" designation for field training, I need to to a mile and a half in 8:33. I don't have to get that high, but I'd like to aim for the highest goal.

Right now I do a mile in a half in about 12 minutes. I do a mile at my best in 6 minutes. Pretty good considering I just started realistically running a month and a half ago.

Tips for increasing stamina/agility/speed?
12 minutes should be your absolute minimum for your 1.5. Back in the day, that was the standard. If you busted that, you failed the test. They've changed things around in the 16 or so years since I was commissioned, but it's still a good minimum. I'd shoot for a regular sub-10 minute 1.5 when training if I were you...that's pretty damn fast, tbh.

You get there by running. A lot. Distance (minimum of 3 miles) mixed with intervals. Strength training on your non-running days, making sure you work on your legs. Some people think they get enough lower body just by running. Hitting the weights on your legs will make a difference, in a good way.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney

Zimmer wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Thoughts?
No, just add another set or start supersetting. Don't go back to 5x5.

And change it to 4x10
I've been doing some reading on the net and I'm a little confused. There is a lot of info out there regarding supersets but I can't be sure which applies to my situation.

Here's my current workout:

Workout A:

Squats
Bench press
Bent over rows
Tri extensions
Calf raises

Workout B:

Deadlifts
Assisted pull ups
Overhead press
BB curls
Ab tri-superset (weighted crunches/leg raises/decline sit ups).

How would I superset this?
Should I add extra exercises, superset the existing ones?
Do 10 reps of each and for how many sets per superset group?

Note that the only exercises I'm really stalling on are the overhead press and BB curls. Everything else is slowly increasing every workout or every second workout. However, I did drop the weight on my bench press, bent over rows and squats to correct my form, and work my way back up.

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-07-03 06:03:05)

Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
why arent you doing non-assisted pull ups?
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
I'm not yet strong enough to lift by 78kg arse up 8 times in a row

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-07-03 06:35:04)

Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6902|OctoLand
If I was to believe all the food articles I've read over the years, then just about every food that exists would reduce cancer risk,  only later to read that the same food would increase cancer risk, lol.
I know fucking karate
Stimey
­
if your doing assisted pull ups, you might as well do wide grips
­
­
­
­
­
­
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6820|BC, Canada

justice wrote:

If I was to believe all the food articles I've read over the years, then just about every food that exists would reduce cancer risk,  only later to read that the same food would increase cancer risk, lol.
This
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
That's just a bit of an exaggeration. Anyhow, the article seems pretty legit.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5398|Cleveland, Ohio
how much protein can your body absorb in any given day?  i ask because i got some protein powder from gnc and one serving is 60 grams.  i chop that down a bit because its not exactly cheap.  i have one scoop with water before my workout, then one afterwards.  on my cardio days i just use one scoop.  i also eat chicken and beans during the day for protein also.  im not on a low carb high protein diet by any means. 

so it seems i am getting most of my protein in about a 4 hour block of the day.  can your body use all that protein or does it store it and use it when needed?  or is it just wasted?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard