nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
Would JFK be anywhere close to as revered as he is today had he not been assassinated in 1963?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

depends on the amount of hookers
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

nukchebi0 wrote:

Would JFK be anywhere close to as revered as he is today had he not been assassinated in 1963?
He would be ripped apart in todays media with his extra marital activities.
Reciprocity
+721|6550|the dank(super) side of Oregon
Depends on how he would have handled Vietnam.  It wasn't much more than a CIA playground at the time of his assassination.
Benzin
+576|5968
Likely not. Just finished reading Tim Weiner's history of the CIA and the stuff in there about JFK and Bobbie Kennedy are absolutely unbelievable. I mean, they're obviously products of their times with their fierce anti-communism bents (the amount of covert ops to topple govts launched during the Kennedy years, all under the supervision of Bobbie, is ridiculous!), but man some of the stuff... yea, then considering how much of a playboy JFK was...
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker

lowing wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Nah, he was a Democrat.  He'd be a hero like Clinton for boning everything that moves.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Stingray24 wrote:

lowing wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Nah, he was a Democrat.  He'd be a hero like Clinton for boning everything that moves.
Well thats true.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

He stood up to the CIA. So probably not.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Benzin
+576|5968

Kmar wrote:

He did not, him and his brother abused the hell out of the CIA and tasked them with the most wildly ridiculous missions. CIA covert action didn't decease under Kennedy - it exploded.

Stingray24 wrote:

Pretty sure that Clinton wasn't hailed as a hero during the whole sex scandal. Since when has any politician been hailed as a hero for boning? John Edwards is/was a Democrat and he got ripped to shreds for cheating on his wife. Anthony Weiner? Democrat again. Sorry, but in the USA it doesn't matter what party you're in - if you're at all deemed to be sexually deviant or horny in any way, you can kiss your political career goodbye (unless you're Newt Gingrich).

Last edited by CapnNismo (2011-07-03 07:11:58)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
jfk was a married catholic that was boning marilyn monroe, hollywood's biggest sex-starlot.

"if you're deemed to be sexually deviant or horny in any way..." ?

didn't seem to affect kennedy, the transgressive sinner, all that much
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Benzin
+576|5968
That's because back then the world of politics was different. Nowadays if anyone gets wind of a politician cheating they get lynched instantly on the spot.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
well the point still stands. it's a bit of an open contradiction to try and explain kennedy's modern myth status with accounts of how promiscuity is shameful.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

CapnNismo wrote:

Kmar wrote:

He did not, him and his brother abused the hell out of the CIA and tasked them with the most wildly ridiculous missions. CIA covert action didn't decease under Kennedy - it exploded.
He sure as hell did. It was long suspected, and since the FOIA and recently released telephone conversations it became more evident. The CIA hid some of their schemes from the potus because of his lack of confidence in them, especially after the bay of pigs.

Kennedy wrote:

I want to splinter the CIA in a thousand pieces and scatter it to the winds.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin
He'd switch parties if he were still alive.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
prove it warman... I'm pretty damn sure his "multilateral" international cooperation is more in line with the bamster than any republican school of thought.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Trotskygrad wrote:

prove it warman... I'm pretty damn sure his "multilateral" international cooperation is more in line with the bamster than any republican school of thought.
Bush's unilateralism is not indicative of Republican approaches to politics. It is indicative of Bush's approach to politics.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

FEOS wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Bush's unilateralism is not indicative of Republican approaches to politics. It is indicative of Bush's approach to politics.
well I'm just indicating that JFK probably wouldn't have switched parties...

after all presidents do define party lines, to some degree
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Trotskygrad wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

well I'm just indicating that JFK probably wouldn't have switched parties...

after all presidents do define party lines, to some degree
If you look at Reagan and Bush Sr, as well as the track Bush Jr was taking prior to 9/11, the truth is that Republicans are just as multilateral, on balance, as Democrats. GWB just took a very strong stance (but still built a larger coalition than his father) after 9/11. People tend to overlook that.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
13rin
+977|6449

Trotskygrad wrote:

Cuban Missile Crisis.  Bamster would have folded like a cheap tent.  I don't think Bush would have backed down.  How do you think an 'R' like Cheney would have handled it?... Fuck, he probably caused it, bad example.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
Interesting how Brin knows what would happen in an absurd hypothetical.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York

13rin wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Cuban Missile Crisis.  Bamster would have folded like a cheap tent.  I don't think Bush would have backed down.  How do you think an 'R' like Cheney would have handled it?... Fuck, he probably caused it, bad example.
Definitely, Obama's a softie on foreign policy. Just like how he withdrew all of the troops. Just like how he let Bin Laden go.

Your hatred of the man has officially clouded any possible sound judgment.

Last edited by Poseidon (2011-07-05 19:51:24)

11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio
one can say the same for your love of the man
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York
Yeah, I guess supporting someone in an election instantly means you love them. Another quality marine contribution.

11 Bravo wrote:

and such a great contribution.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Why do you want Obama to win reelection? I mean- you've made up your mind already when it comes to 2012?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard