Reciprocity
+721|6572|the dank(super) side of Oregon
I cancelled the pair of 6950s and ordered a single "superclocked" EVGA GTX570.  This'll get me through the summer and then we'll see how it does with bf3/skyrim.  I can always get another one or upgrade to whatever's the shiniest in 4 months and stick the 570 into my second string rig.

Last edited by Reciprocity (2011-06-21 19:18:57)

BVC
+325|6687
My 6850 has started artefacting!  Still under warranty, so I may have to take it back.  Have updated drivers, so will see how that goes.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

I have a feeling BF3's reqs won't be as high as everyone speculates.
Reciprocity

M.O.A.B wrote:

what's the fun in just meeting requirements?  I want my eyes to piss blood....in the good way.  Between BF3 and Skyrim, I've got all the excuse I need to finally waste some money on a new computer.
alexb
<3
+590|5931|Kentucky, USA

M.O.A.B wrote:

^^

http://bf3blog.com/battlefield-3-system-requirements/

Battlefield 3 is expected to have similar system requirements as the previous Battlefield game, Bad Company 2. Battlefiled 3 is powered by the Frostbite 2.0 engine, which is based on the previous Frostbite 1.5, which powered Bad Company 2.
While the Frostbite 2.0 engine has a lot of new features compared to 1.5, it is also more optimized as well, which will most likely result in similar performance and Battlefield 3 system requirements for the PC. Since Battlefield 3 won’t be supporting DirecX 9, it won’t run on Windows XP.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5170|Sydney

alexb wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

^^

http://bf3blog.com/battlefield-3-system-requirements/

Battlefield 3 is expected to have similar system requirements as the previous Battlefield game, Bad Company 2. Battlefiled 3 is powered by the Frostbite 2.0 engine, which is based on the previous Frostbite 1.5, which powered Bad Company 2.
While the Frostbite 2.0 engine has a lot of new features compared to 1.5, it is also more optimized as well, which will most likely result in similar performance and Battlefield 3 system requirements for the PC. Since Battlefield 3 won’t be supporting DirecX 9, it won’t run on Windows XP.
About my thoughts too. I'm only going to upgrade my vid card. Currently have a 5770 but would like to get a 6970.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

Reciprocity wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

what's the fun in just meeting requirements?  I want my eyes to piss blood....in the good way.  Between BF3 and Skyrim, I've got all the excuse I need to finally waste some money on a new computer.
I'll admit I'm a sucker for graphics as well, but I just don't see BF3, as awesome as it looks, as requiring the computing power of CERN.

If you can play stuff like BC2, Crysis 2, or Arma 2 comfortably or at max, I think BF3 will be easy running.

Then again if you can play Arma 2 at max and smooth you have a magical comp
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
Yeah, you gotta understand that the game needs to be able to run on the fucking Xbox hardware. It's requirements cannot be that ridiculous. Sheeeeit, my PC's three years old and the only recommended spec I'm not hitting is RAM, which isn't expensive to upgrade.
Reciprocity
Holy shit my new comp is fast.  I've got DCS A-10c Warthog cranked to max settings and this thing just laughs and calls me a bitch.  This gtx 580 is an impressive card.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Reciprocity wrote:

I cancelled the pair of 6950s and ordered a single "superclocked" EVGA GTX570.  This'll get me through the summer and then we'll see how it does with bf3/skyrim.  I can always get another one or upgrade to whatever's the shiniest in 4 months and stick the 570 into my second string rig.
After seeing benchmarks, I'd have probably gone for a pair of 560Ti's. But I suppose the 570's aren't all that much more.
Reciprocity

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

After seeing benchmarks, I'd have probably gone for a pair of 560Ti's. But I suppose the 570's aren't all that much more.
I thought about it but the cheapest 560Ti sli setup would have cost ~$460.  I got this single 570 for $310 after rebate and so far I'm completely blown away with its performance -which isn't hard since I wait 4 years between upgrades.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Not too shabby. I was looking at some $280 560 Ti's with 2GB the other day, but I would have gone for the 570's (plural after upgrade to SLI) as well if I'd seen that price. The wait for the 2011 is driving me bonkers, particularly because I know it's pointless while I sit here with a 9600M GT laptop.
No/Yes
+14|5933|California, USA
New build:
Intel Core i7 2600K(3.40GHz)
8 GB DDR3 RAM
2 TB HDD
Nvidia 580 GTX
850W Psupply
240mm liquid cooling
Blue-ray Drive
1900$
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6436|EE Chat

Camm wrote:

Reddhedd wrote:

Well I still have me E8400 @ 3.0ghz. Any idea if that will run it?
nope.avi

bf3 is gonna be a cpu muncher, you'll need 4 cores.
Now I need a new CPU, mobo, and ram.
-___________________________-
EDIT: Well before BF3 comes out, hopefully as close to then as possible, I will need those parts.
I'm thinking i5 2500k
MOBO?
4-6 gigs of whateverthefuck RAM

Last edited by Reddhedd (2011-06-26 23:02:25)

Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4959|Dundee, Scotland.

Reddhedd wrote:

Camm wrote:

Reddhedd wrote:

Well I still have me E8400 @ 3.0ghz. Any idea if that will run it?
nope.avi

bf3 is gonna be a cpu muncher, you'll need 4 cores.
Now I need a new CPU, mobo, and ram.
-___________________________-
EDIT: Well before BF3 comes out, hopefully as close to then as possible, I will need those parts.
I'm thinking i5 2500k
MOBO?
4-6 gigs of whateverthefuck RAM
z68 mobo
4gb ram
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/28748/Cry.jpg

Just installed the new DX11 patch for this. Everything on ultra except shaders and shadows, which are on high. Runs at 40+ FPS.

Looking good for BF3.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5896|CA
Doesn't Crysis 1 look better then 2?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460

TopHat01 wrote:

Doesn't Crysis 1 look better then 2?
It's more demanding but it doesn't look better.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6437|Amsterdam‫

M.O.A.B wrote:

http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/28748/Cry.jpg

Just installed the new DX11 patch for this. Everything on ultra except shaders and shadows, which are on high. Runs at 40+ FPS.

Looking good for BF3.
is that the green beret form commandos
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

menzo wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/28748/Cry.jpg

Looking good for BF3.
is that the green beret form commandos
lol
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS
Heard the specs have been leaked.

Minimum:
Hard Drive Space -- 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
Operating System -- Windows Vista or Windows 7
Processor -- Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
RAM -- 2GB
Video Card -- DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card

Recommended:
Operating System -- Windows 7 64-bit
Processor -- Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
RAM -- 4GB
Video Card -- DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, Radeon HD 6850
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6550|Hungary
I only buy the following stuff:
1. New Motherboard
2. New CPU
3. New sets of DDR3 (like 4 GB)
4. New VGA
5. New power supply

I totally love my 1$ no name keyboard. My Razer Copperhead still works fine (since 2006 spring) and of course my LG 17" TFT is also allright.
No need to buy bigger monitor. Plus i plan to get a new headset (prolly Razer).
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5170|Sydney

Spark wrote:

Heard the specs have been leaked.

Minimum:
Operating System -- Windows Vista or Windows 7
Processor -- Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
RAM -- 2GB
Video Card -- DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card

Recommended:
Operating System -- Windows 7 64-bit
Processor -- Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
RAM -- 4GB
Video Card -- DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, Radeon HD 6850
If this is the case my speculation that the only thing I need to replace is my vid card is spot on.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
If this is the case my speculation that the only thing I need to replace is my entire computer and operating system is spot on.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6556|Area 51
Playing this game on low it is then

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard