your job will be outsourced to a chinaman who works for $20K/year

inb4"sowillyours"
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
is this the part where you all bitch about english students bec

oh wait

nobody is outsourcing my skillset to some fuckin foreign prick!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
13/f/taiwan
+940|5696
your degree is worthless derp derp engineering degrees are better derp derp
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

sounds like you are over thinking it
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
Along with Philosophy and Int'l Relations, English is arguably the most difficult college major in the Humanities. This is largely due to the fact that being an English major encompasses the study of several other fields, including, but not limited to philosophy, psychology, history, sociology, law, and political science. English majors read and write far more than any other major, and offen suffer from severe caffeine addiction (or worse), insomnia, and manic depression.

Despite what lobotomized Business Majors believe, English majors (like many humanities majors) seek graduate school enrollment and end up with J.D.s, M.B.A.s, L.L.M.s, or Ph.D.s. Thus, they end up in lucrative careers with sexyass women. But best of all, they actually learn how to think and generally live rewarding lives because of that.
lol

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Stimey
­
+786|6117|Ontario | Canada

Uzique wrote:

Along with Philosophy and Int'l Relations, English is arguably the most difficult college major
what in the....
in the Humanities.
oh..
­
­
­
­
­
­
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5714|Vancouver, BC, Canada

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Yeah, but it's a course I have to take to get in to the business school and I definitely need to get an A in it, so there's my motivation for going.

My Tuesdays and Thursdays won't be as nice sadly. Starts at 11AM, goes until 3PMish with only 15 minute breaks between the three classes. And they're all on different parts of campus so I'll be getting some cardio in. And on Tuesday I have a 2.5 hour-long lecture from 4 to 6:30, although the teacher apparently rarely goes the whole length, lets us take stretch breaks, and lets us get dinner on those days where does go the whole block.

Fridays are 10AM (boo) but I finish by 2:15.

e: mandatory "fuck yeah business students"
I haven't checked the physical locations of the individual lecture halls on a map, but we only get 10 minutes between classes. effemmell.

Gonna get me a crappy bike to get around.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468

Stimey wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Along with Philosophy and Int'l Relations, English is arguably the most difficult college major
what in the....
in the Humanities.
oh..
the humanities/arts are the oldest and most snooty university departments.

science and math is difficult in its own right but doesn't really have the comprehensive humanist education factor. you're highly specialized by the time you leave college with a science/math degree, normally to an extent that you're most fitting for a certain job in industry. science and math degrees in the old days (before science and math were so far advanced in their respective fields) involved a lot of philosophy and stuff that would normally fall under 'eng lit'. most math/science graduates i know are dumb as shit when it comes to knowledge or awareness of anything outside the lab. that would really annoy me.

and what do you do, obi wan?
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6682|United States of America

Uzique wrote:

Along with Philosophy and Int'l Relations, English is arguably the most difficult college major in the Humanities. This is largely due to the fact that being an English major encompasses the study of several other fields, including, but not limited to philosophy, psychology, history, sociology, law, and political science. English majors read and write far more than any other major, and offen suffer from severe caffeine addiction (or worse), insomnia, and manic depression.

Despite what lobotomized Business Majors believe, English majors (like many humanities majors) seek graduate school enrollment and end up with J.D.s, M.B.A.s, L.L.M.s, or Ph.D.s. Thus, they end up in lucrative careers with sexyass women. But best of all, they actually learn how to think and generally live rewarding lives because of that.[citation needed]
lol

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
you science/math guys should try the trivium and the quadrivium.

then you'd feel a little less smarts
Stimey
­
+786|6117|Ontario | Canada

Uzique wrote:

Stimey wrote:

Uzique wrote:

what in the....
in the Humanities.
oh..

science and math is difficult in its own right but doesn't really have the comprehensive humanist education factor. you're highly specialized by the time you leave college with a science/math degree, normally to an extent that you're most fitting for a certain job in industry. science and math degrees in the old days (before science and math were so far advanced in their respective fields) involved a lot of philosophy and stuff that would normally fall under 'eng lit'. most math/science graduates i know are dumb as shit when it comes to knowledge or awareness of anything outside the lab. that would really annoy me.

Electrical engineering and management.
I like to think I'm well rounded. I do know the kind of kids you're talking about though, that are thick through and through when it doesn't come to doing their homework.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5355|London, England

Stimey wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Stimey wrote:

what in the....

oh..

I like to think I'm well rounded. I do know the kind of kids you're talking about though, that are thick through and through when it doesn't come to doing their homework.
The kind of guy that makes field crews groan when they see him walking up...

Last edited by Jay (2011-06-23 04:00:17)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/246992_216701078348553_100000259863543_837311_6764623_n.jpg lol my sched and im doing a full load.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX

Uzique wrote:

oh wait

What skillset?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468

Stimey wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Stimey wrote:

Uzique wrote:

what in the....

oh..

management and business students are over are the lowest of the low. possibly excepting media arts/film studies and the 0.5% that do degrees like 'david beckham studies' or 'the beatles' for a laugh. 99% of management students at my school can't even speak english and seem to only be doing it because they're set to inherit some shoelace factory in china, anyway. go for an MBA if you want to be the ultimate douche!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468

Dilbert_X wrote:

Uzique wrote:

oh wait

What skillset?
"herp derp do you think hot asian girls will be attracted to engineering teachers"
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX
No really, what skillset?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
are you serious? well for one there's a social inter-personal skillset that you clearly lack...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard