cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6667|NJ
So a friend of mine found and posted this link up.. Not too sure of the source but it's too interesting a read not to post up.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archiv … -right-now

Members of Congress continue to mention Christians as a threat to national security.  For example, during a recent Congressional hearing U.S. Representative Sheila Jackson Lee warned that "Christian militants" might try to "bring down the country" and that such groups need to be investigated.

This really jumped out at me on this whole post and we can see a change in the government moment towards radical Cristian beliefs.

Even if these sources are crap it still brings up the important FACT that all news sources are crap and report on the most mundane things. The news should not be TMZ.

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2011-06-21 19:51:43)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
Oh God..........
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6539|Mountains of NC

any person can be dangerous despite whatever their religion is
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
War Man

SEREMAKER wrote:

This, or shall I go on about radical Darwinists?

Last edited by War Man (2011-06-21 19:55:58)

cpt.fass1
+329|6667|NJ

War Man wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Well there's other things on the list as well.

Such as North Korea creating a Super EMP weapon(I don't really buy it), then flooding in China that has displaced 2 million people, also the wildfire in Arizona.

The main point of it is that Anthony Weiner is not really top "News" and there is so much more that people need to know about.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5884|...

The news companies(really all of them) are more interested in the stories that are going to make people stare at their tv, waiting for more info.  That way they can sell those viewers to advertisers.  Apparently, some fat man in a suit has decided that these stories are not going to create more product(ie viewers).

But, watching the video of the "Christian Militant" thing they are talking about.  It seems like non news.  I think she was trying to make the point that if they are going to talk about religious militants then they should talk about all religious militants and not just one group.
cpt.fass1
+329|6667|NJ

tuckergustav wrote:

The news companies(really all of them) are more interested in the stories that are going to make people stare at their tv, waiting for more info.  That way they can sell those viewers to advertisers.  Apparently, some fat man in a suit has decided that these stories are not going to create more product(ie viewers).

But, watching the video of the "Christian Militant" thing they are talking about.  It seems like non news.  I think she was trying to make the point that if they are going to talk about religious militants then they should talk about all religious militants and not just one group.
I do understand that, it was the only one what really jumped at me. But I listed the more important ones.

I really wish that we had a "bigger" picture news source that would actually issue out real world news. T
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney

War Man wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

That's an oxymoron.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6539|Mountains of NC

people love a train wreck .......... weinergate is the jerry springer train wreck the media has been needing since arnolds other kid
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
War Man

cpt.fass1 wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

I do understand that, it was the only one what really jumped at me. But I listed the more important ones.

I really wish that we had a "bigger" picture news source that would actually issue out real world news. T
Yes, and not stuff dragging about old murder cases, investigations, and kidnappings. Also famous people like Michael Jackson's death being dragged on and on, or Heath Ledger's death and all that crap basically.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5884|...

cpt.fass1 wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

BBC seems to hit most of the big picture stories and doesn't really dwell on any particular thing.  But every program has an agenda and a demographic.  Unfortunately you have to sort through alot of crap.
War Man

Jaekus wrote:

War Man wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

That's an oxymoron.
Yes? And your point?
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD
saw this earlier
1) The Fort Calhoun nuclear power plant is under control. The reactor itself is pretty much flood-proof, and as long as it has power it won't go into meltdown. It's pretty much a non-issue at the moment.

2) They actually reported that about Obama's airstrikes in Yemen a while back, and it's no new news that we've been doing shady shit in Pakistan for a while.

4) If I'm not mistaken, Lee is like the Democrat Bachmann, she's a bit of a nutter. Although I do think that radicals of any religion are a threat.

5) That sucks, but bad shit happens all the time around the world and the MSM normally doesn't pay tons of attention to it.

6) Yeah that needs to be reported more.

7) That's weird as hell

8) I saw quite a bit of news coverage about that on twitter tbh

9) Yes we do need to upgrade our infrastructure

10) Yep the militarization of the police is concerning to say the least

11) That doesn't seem any more different than the emergency preparedness pamphlets that various local governments put out. NASA probably figured they might as well do one, I think a lot of private companies do as well.

12) Most of those are in poor weather zones, the wildfires in the west, the nuclear power plants in the great plains area, air shows, or possibly military exercises
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
tuckergustav
+1,590|5884|...

Is the link bad for everyone now? hmm
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

War Man wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Please do, I'm quite keen to learn what a radical Darwinist is.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
cpt.fass1
+329|6667|NJ

tuckergustav wrote:

Is the link bad for everyone now? hmm
wow it does seem that it is?

That is odd.
War Man

Ty wrote:

War Man wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Please do, I'm quite keen to learn what a radical Darwinist is.
Lol, you obviously missed Jaekus' post and my response to that.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6077|eXtreme to the maX

War Man wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Get back to us when they make it an election issue or start planting bombs.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Dilbert_X wrote:

War Man wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Get back to us when they make it an election issue or start planting bombs.
derp atheists are communists look at the russian revolution derp! all atheists!

there are radical militant christian right wing nutters. i think war man wouldnt be bitching if they were black or muslim.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard