11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5230|Cleveland, Ohio

Jay wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

five "don't tell me what to do" and I won't tell you
if i have to pay for it via tax money then yes i have a say
You ain't paying for shit. So no, you have no say.
im not?  medicare is free?  oh wait you pay enough into it to cover the cost of a lung transplant, right?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Shit Jay, I didn't know you had fallen off the wagon. Sorry to hear it man.
I don't handle stress well without cigs. Cool as a cucumber with them.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

Jay wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

if i have to pay for it via tax money then yes i have a say
im not?  medicare is free?  oh wait you pay enough into it to cover the cost of a lung transplant, right?
Am I on medicare? No. Will I ever be on medicare? Probably not.

Am I supposed to pay for your weight training accident when your asshole rips open and spills your guts on the floor mid-squat? Or when you blow out your shoulder doing presses? Please.

Who gets lung transplants anyway? No one.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

Jay wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Jay wrote:

Am I supposed to pay for your weight training accident when your asshole rips open and spills your guts on the floor mid-squat? Or when you blow out your shoulder doing presses? Please.

easy there buddy.  go have a smoke and chill.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

Jay wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Just pointing out the ridiculousness of your statement. The fact that I might one day be on Medicare 35 years from now doesn't give you any say in how I live my life today. It's not like Medicare is going to be around then anyway.
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

Jay wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Jay wrote:

Just pointing out the ridiculousness of your statement. The fact that I might one day be on Medicare 35 years from now doesn't give you any say in how I live my life today. It's not like Medicare is going to be around then anyway.
well we pay for it now, though.  someone on some machine to keep them breathing just because the wanted to smoke 2 packs a day.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5906|...

Jay wrote:

I'd still like someone to explain the difference between taking away a decision and making the decision so uncomfortable that you're left with one choice anyway. I'd also like someone to explain to me why other people think it's ok to tell me how to live my life but would go batshit crazy if someone tried to do it to them.

I smoke. I quit in February and started smoking again at the end of May. I've smoked for 11 years now. During the time I quit I got into more arguments over retarded shit with my fiancee than I had during the previous six years that we've been together. Smoking helps me maintain my temper by giving me an 'out'. Something stressing me out? Go outside, light up a cig and think about it calmly for a few minutes. Problem solved.

Does it smell bad? Yes. Is it probably going to kill me in the end? Yes. Do I wish I'd never started? Yes. None of that changes the fact that the habit is so entrenched in my personality that giving it up is like ripping out a piece of me. So kindly fuck off with the taxes, and the renaming of brands, and the relabeling of the box. All it does is make me want to smoke more to spite the assholes that continually try to shove their opinion on me. Mayor Bloomberg raised the price of my smokes by $6 since he entered office. So here's a nice big flip of the bird to him. I'm going outside.
Well, I could care less what other people do to their own bodies and don't think there should be laws specifically designed to prevent people from smoking.  But I don't feel bad for people that complain about paying more for their precious cigarettes.  Getting my nails done makes me feel better and they charge an arm and a leg. Feel bad for me? nah. 

I think all these efforts are a waste of time though.  Scare tactics don't work.  Dumb teenage boys are going to want these packages because they think it's funny.  We are so flooded with gore that these images won't deter anyone really.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

Jay wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

well we pay for it now, though.  someone on some machine to keep them breathing just because the wanted to smoke 2 packs a day.
So what? How many retired air traffic controllers am I supporting with anti-stress, blood pressure, and heart medication?
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

tuckergustav wrote:

Jay wrote:

I'd still like someone to explain the difference between taking away a decision and making the decision so uncomfortable that you're left with one choice anyway. I'd also like someone to explain to me why other people think it's ok to tell me how to live my life but would go batshit crazy if someone tried to do it to them.

I smoke. I quit in February and started smoking again at the end of May. I've smoked for 11 years now. During the time I quit I got into more arguments over retarded shit with my fiancee than I had during the previous six years that we've been together. Smoking helps me maintain my temper by giving me an 'out'. Something stressing me out? Go outside, light up a cig and think about it calmly for a few minutes. Problem solved.

Does it smell bad? Yes. Is it probably going to kill me in the end? Yes. Do I wish I'd never started? Yes. None of that changes the fact that the habit is so entrenched in my personality that giving it up is like ripping out a piece of me. So kindly fuck off with the taxes, and the renaming of brands, and the relabeling of the box. All it does is make me want to smoke more to spite the assholes that continually try to shove their opinion on me. Mayor Bloomberg raised the price of my smokes by $6 since he entered office. So here's a nice big flip of the bird to him. I'm going outside.
Well, I could care less what other people do to their own bodies and don't think there should be laws specifically designed to prevent people from smoking.  But I don't feel bad for people that complain about paying more for their precious cigarettes.  Getting my nails done makes me feel better and they charge an arm and a leg. Feel bad for me? nah. 

I think all these efforts are a waste of time though.  Scare tactics don't work.  Dumb teenage boys are going to want these packages because they think it's funny.  We are so flooded with gore that these images won't deter anyone really.
So you'd be ok if they went and passed a new tax that tripled the cost of getting your nails done? You wouldn't complain?
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

Jay wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Jay wrote:

So what? How many retired air traffic controllers am I supporting with anti-stress, blood pressure, and heart medication?
well thats a necessary job to keep people safe.  smoking does what?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

Jay wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

It keeps me from designing buildings that electrocute people.
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

Jay wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Jay wrote:

It keeps me from designing buildings that electrocute people.
ah.  ok then.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5906|...

Jay wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

Jay wrote:

So you'd be ok if they went and passed a new tax that tripled the cost of getting your nails done? You wouldn't complain?
Would you feel bad for me?

...and of course I would complain...I complain about everything.  But, I would probably not get them done anymore. Shoot, triple the cost?  Not worth it.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
my cousin's an engineer for BAE
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

tuckergustav wrote:

Jay wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

...and of course I would complain...I complain about everything.  But, I would probably not get them done anymore. Shoot, triple the cost?  Not worth it.
Yes, I would feel bad for you, and I'd probably fight for you too. I don't agree with singling out behaviors and tacking on costs to them just to get people to stop. They might as well ban the behavior outright (and that's worked wonderfully well for controlling alcohol and drug use). It's like the stupid tax they just tacked onto tanning salons. If you deter them from going to the tanning bed they'll just go outside in the sun...
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5694|College Park, MD

11 Bravo wrote:

Jay wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

if someone decides to imitate a jackass skit and ends up on life support should we just pull the plug?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6706|Purplicious Wisconsin
Sun is safer than a tanning bed to be honest.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
11 Bravo
Banned

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Jay wrote:

if someone decides to imitate a jackass skit and ends up on life support should we just pull the plug?
nope.  my point in this is everyone should have to pay fpr their own health.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

War Man wrote:

Why is that war man? Did your science teacher tell you that?
-Frederick Bastiat
tuckergustav
+1,590|5906|...

Jay wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

Jay wrote:

Yes, I would feel bad for you, and I'd probably fight for you too. I don't agree with singling out behaviors and tacking on costs to them just to get people to stop. They might as well ban the behavior outright (and that's worked wonderfully well for controlling alcohol and drug use). It's like the stupid tax they just tacked onto tanning salons. If you deter them from going to the tanning bed they'll just go outside in the sun...
Well, that is very noble of you to offer up your support for my manicure habits.  Thanks Jay.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
the sun is where jesus and god live
Tu Stultus Es
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6706|Purplicious Wisconsin

Jay wrote:

War Man wrote:

Why is that war man? Did your science teacher tell you that?
I have no science teacher, just think the Sun is better 'cause it is much more natural.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
This thing is awesome

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41t9JBCFRlL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
hipster
Tu Stultus Es
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6688|NJ
Needs a lighter.

So terrorist's have and do more damage then smoking and raising taxes creates a need for a black market and those now a days fund terrorism.

Also we do pay for our own health insurance, then they drop you when it touches there bottom line.

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2011-06-21 19:33:19)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard