Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5339|Sydney
Sure.

Times vary a bit due to my work schedule but I try to keep it all roughly three hours apart, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Breakfast (generally between 8:30-10am): oats with whey and semi skim milk

Then throughout the day it's kinda different as to what and when I eat each thing, but this is the norm:

Protein bar 45g protein
Two chicken wraps, containing 1/4 chicken breast each (approx. 160g chicken in total) and salad
Protein shake (post workout) with 1.5 scoops of whey (so approx 40g protein) with 6 heaped teaspoons of dextrose

Dinner (between 6-7:30pm) is usually a large porterhouse steak (I trim the fat off) with either steamed vegies or salad, or a large salmon fillet pan fried in olive oil with salad

After dinner I'll sometimes have three boiled eggs a couple hours later, and a couple hours after that I'll eat a 250g tub of low fat cottage cheese before bed.

Throughout the day I try to drink lots of water, especially after eating.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
Maybe switch out the semi skimmed for whole.
And a 1/4 breast is a lot less than 160g. I eat 400g almost every day.

So try to eat more basically
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
Yeah, but I eat two wraps that have 1/4 in each, so half a breast in total.

What I do is buy 2-4 breasts at a time, cut each in half and freeze them in separate freezer bags. Then I just thaw out a half breast, dice it and cover lightly with a packet borrito mix, fry in olive oil and then serve with salad and grape tomatoes.

I got a bit sick of it on a plate so I've started putting it into two wholemeal wraps, and now they're delicious!
I'm going to try adding some light sour cream for taste. If that doesn't work, I'll try yoghurt instead.

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-06-14 08:25:53)

Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
still, thats not that much chicken.
All that proetin from bars ans shakes is a great addition to any athletes diet, but it doesnt add that many calories
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
I gain muscle pretty slow (like 5-6kg in maybe 8 months), but i stay lean and get even leaner
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
but it works... so im happy with it
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
I just don't have time. The bars I only eat at work, otherwise I'd go 5-6 hours without food.
I have three part time jobs so my days are often split all over the place. In the in between times I'm making sure I get a workout in on the M/W/F which leaves little time for food prep. But I'll try to eat more on the days I don't workout. Maybe the peanut butter idea is good for days I'm not at home much.

How much is the norm? A tablespoon? 5 tablespoons?
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
i eat like 100-200g (closer to 100), so thats just a bunge of teaspoons.
If to want to measure in tbspoons, i'dd go for like anywhere between 5 and 10 (maybe more if you feel like it)
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
Ok, I'll pick some up from a health food shop and give it a try :-)
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
I kind of like your wrap idea. Gives me some extra carbs before my workout (i lift after lunch). I had 160g in like yours.

But i had 2
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
Yeah, I always have two wraps

Jake's Simple Mexican Chicken Wraps (for anyone else interested):

Makes two

Ingredients
Half a chicken breast
Salad
Six grape tomatoes, quartered (you could use cherry tomatoes instead)
Dash of olive oil
1.5 - 2 tpsns of borrito seasoning
Two wholemeal wraps
Light sour cream

Method
Heat a pan with olive oil, medium/high.
Dice and put in a freezer bag half a chicken breast.
Add about 1.5 tpsns of borrito seasoning (or whatever you like), tie the top off (I just twist and wrap around a finger) and shake the contents to coat the chicken.
Once covered, put the chicken in the pan and cook till browned.
Whilst chicken is cooking, microwave your two wraps on high for 30 seconds.
Put a wrap on a plate, place salad and three quartered grape tomatoes on the wrap.
Once chicken is cooked, put half of what's in the pan onto the wrap.
Add a couple dollops of sour cream, then wrap.
Repeat for the second wrap.
Eat and enjoy!

Basic nutrition info (all are approximates, and are for the total of two wraps):
Protein: 50g (chicken)
Carbs: 42g (3.4g sugars, wraps)
Fats: 25g (6g saturated, all ingredients except salad)
Sodium: 650mg (wraps)
Cholesterol: 150mg (chicken)

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-06-15 06:48:41)

Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
Mines a bit simpeler lol
2 wholemeal wraps.
Divide 300-400g of chicken strips/bits/blocks on em.
Add some homemade sweet mustard sauce (1.5 tbspoon of low fat mayonaise, 2 teaspoons of mustards and a dash of honey gives enough for ~4 wraps)
and eat it.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
i dont give a shit about flavour.
I'm not a big eater so i just need to find a way to finish it all (thats what the wrap and sauce is for to make it easier to eat)
When i eat it without th wrap i'dd always use a penautsauce to make it easier to eat.

Flavour has very little meaning to me.
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
Ah. I like cooking so flavour is important to me
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam

Jaekus wrote:

Basic nutrition info (all are approximates, and are for the total of two wraps):
100g of chicken(breast, skinless) has 24g of protein. when yourre tring to gain weight/muslce, you'll need a bit more than 200g of chicken. I would say 200g is about the max amount of chicken when cutting so maybe up it to 300g?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6729|Mountains of NC

got another strong man comp this weekend .... but this one isn't local ....... heading to the beach for this one

flip some cars and work on my tan
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam

Jaekus wrote:

Ah. I like cooking so flavour is important to me
I like to cook, but i dont enjoy the cooking of a meal that i have to cook every single day.
So making it tasty feels like an unnecessary chore.
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney

Kampframmer wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

100g of chicken(breast, skinless) has 24g of protein. when yourre tring to gain weight/muslce, you'll need a bit more than 200g of chicken. I would say 200g is about the max amount of chicken when cutting so maybe up it to 300g?
I'm not 100% sure tbh. I'm just going by the stats on the app I use to track my cals on my iPhone.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam

Jaekus wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I'm not 100% sure tbh. I'm just going by the stats on the app I use to track my cals on my iPhone.
ah. well, if you used 200g of chicken your apps is pretty accurate. If not, it might have some minor inaccuracies.
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
Yeah, I don't take it as gospel, but helps as a general guide.

With brand foods (like cottage cheese, protein bars, protein powder, milk, wraps, etc.) they use the actual nutritional information supplied by the manufacturer, so it's pretty accurate then.

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-06-15 07:21:20)

Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
According to the app, in the past three days I've eaten approx 7,000 cals in total.

I think I'm on track
Stimey
­
+786|6281|Ontario | Canada
you bulkan bro?
­
­
­
­
­
­
Jaekus
+957|5339|Sydney
Trying to. It's slow going but I guess these things take time.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5003|Amsterdam
yeah. When you want to diet clean it takes a loooong time (depending on how you eat and who you are).
You could try 'conventional' bulking, but i wouldn't recommend it, as you would get fat quicker once you've cut down because of the extra fat cells etc etc etc

I wish we had some sort of burrito seasoning. Would be an easy way to add some extra flavour to it without any effort. If it takes me more than 1min to add as a flavour, its not worth it to me, but seasoning would be great. Shame we don't really have that sort of thing here.

Last edited by Kampframmer (2011-06-15 09:57:18)

Stimey
­
+786|6281|Ontario | Canada
yea im doin a bulk too
on a 500 cal surplus per day which means I'll gain about a pound per week. I've already gained about 15 since early February.
want to get to about 180 from here (+15 lbs) then do a cut maybe 2 weeks before school starts, to get below double digit body fat.
so we'll see how that goes.

also 225g of protein a day, yum yum
­
­
­
­
­
­

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard