tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6173|Sydney | ♥

Cybargs wrote:

tazz. wrote:

Uni  is shit and gay...

...well, maybe not, i'm just a week out from exams xD
i go to uni for the bitches. bitches love unibars.
noice
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

tazz. wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

tazz. wrote:

Uni  is shit and gay...

...well, maybe not, i'm just a week out from exams xD
noice
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6510|Gold Coast

Cybargs wrote:

tazz. wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

noice
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5177|Sydney
noice
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

it's a pub you gimp
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

AussieReaper wrote:

it's a pub you gimp
its called unibar mate not my fault take it up with UNSW nigga. I know at ANU they call it unipub.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5483|Bolingbrook, Illinois

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

so, an update.  (dang, i look back at my posts and i think to myself, this kid is a bitch.  i wonder what ill think in a few years)

anyway, i got a 4.0 last semester and im about to get a 4.0 this semester.  i have definately gotten past my laziness   i just got back my scores from my first act, and i got a 29, which isnt bad for my first time with minimal studying.  (35 on the science part which im excited about)

anyway, next year my schedule looks like this:

ap comp science (since im gonna major in this)
ap macro and microeconomics (this econ has always interested me and is the toughest social studies class in my school)
english and western lit (didnt get signed off for ap, yet this is still one of the toughest if not the toughest english courses at my school)
ap statistics (sounds more impressive then precalculus and will probably help more for comp science)
ap chemistry (didnt have prerequisites for ap physics so settled for this)
internship (helps me find an internship for my major which will help a lot.  currently im helping the company my dad works at so well see what happens)

that makes for 5 weighted classes and 4 ap.  senior year sure is gonna be fun...  ive never even taken a weighted class, so i hope i dont get overwhelmed.

so at the end of this semester ill have a 3.122.  my counselor is really impressed with my comeback so shes offered to give me a reccomendation and etc.  so now, i actually have a chance of getting into urbana champaign.  if not, ill just go to purdue.

anyway, i just wanted to thank bf2s.  did this thread actually help or make a difference in me changing my work ethic?  who knows, but im sure it didnt hurt.  so thanks to everyone who posted.  i really cant wait to see what ends up happening with my life. 

i have a question though.  does applying early give me a bigger chance of getting into that college?  i ask because i am planning on taking the act again in a week, then in september, and then one more time in october.  im not sure if ill have enough time to take those before i have to start applying.  can i always update my application later if i do get a higher act score?
Applying early is pretty much always beneficial.

If you got a 29, keep studying and try to get 30-31...most people can improve a point or two with a little more effort, and I'm sure you can do it.

Do you have to take it again in a week?  If you feel that you need to study a little more, I would do so and try taking it in Jul/Aug if possible...then, if need be, try again in Sep/Oct.  Most testing services will let you reschedule (might be a small fee) up until the day or two before.

And yes, you can almost always update applications with supplemental information.  Turning in a completed application early, and then providing updates, would be your best bet.

My college experience sounds like it played out a lot like your high school experience (dramatic improvements toward the end), and I can tell you that the people looking at your application will definitely pick up on any "positive trends" in your performance.  You should do fine.

Good luck.
i have been studying, my goal is a 32

im excited for college

Last edited by HaiBai (2011-06-06 06:28:09)

Stimey
­
+786|6119|Ontario | Canada
what the fuck are these point systems

also fucking canada I wish we had AP classes.
I fucking zoomed through all the regular classes without studying and got a 90 avg. that bit me in the ass.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
i fucked college in its little hairy asshole and i'm going back for creamy seconds
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
p.s. fuck you hai bai, jesuit colleges are for fanny lickers
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6445|Amsterdam‫
let me get this right a 4.0 GPA is an average 100% scores for tests?  and 3.6 is ~90%?
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America
Not really. Generally, the 4.0 scale goes 1 = D, 2 = C, 3 = B, 4 = A and you add average all the points between your classes to get the GPA. Variations thereof include +/- grading that makes a B+ = 3.33, A- = 3.66 or weighted GPA for AP classes where A = 5 and so on.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6445|Amsterdam‫
why so complicated, here you get percentiles. For Uni you just need to have a 6.0 (or even 5.5) average of the highest high school level.
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
HaiBai
+304|5483|Bolingbrook, Illinois

Uzique wrote:

p.s. fuck you hai bai, jesuit colleges are for fanny lickers

cry moar
DesertFox-

menzo wrote:

why so complicated, here you get percentiles. For Uni you just need to have a 6.0 (or even 5.5) average of the highest high school level.
I don't know. Percentiles would probably screw with the precious confidence of kids. GPA is strange because it all varies by experience between different schools and teachers and stuff as you might imagine, so you really can't tell how smart someone is just based on that. I think that's why high school kids get all freaked out about the SAT since your score on that is percentile-based. Looking back, a hell of a lot of the stuff you do in high school is worthless.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5700|College Park, MD
yeah HaiBai I'd consider doing an ED or EA app for your dream school. My friend did that for Indiana University. They have rolling admissions, so he applied like a week after they opened and by October he already knew where he was going to college.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
DesertFox-
Gotta watch out at IU, though. They let short, underage girls into bars who then disappear /currentevents

Also some crazy stalker on SVU episode tonight went there
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6444|EE Chat
Been looking in on this thread with some interest. I was basically in the same place you were, not trying, breezing through school. Now that followed me a little to far into junior year, seeing as I failed the AP chem test because I neglected to study. But, my weighted gpa was still at a 3.9, and I think I got a 1940 on the SAT. I applied to colleges last fall, all the norms in California: UCSB, UCSD, UC Davis, Cal Poly, etc. With my credentials, including assloads of community service hours and participating in a mentoring program within school, I didn't get in to any. None. I was blown away. However, I did apply to Boise State University. So, I was just sitting there thinking "Well shit, I don't wanna go to some school with a bunch of idiots. I belong in a UC!" But, after they sent me a scholarship offer for academics and offered to give me an extensive visit, I went. I am so glad I was denied everywhere else, because otherwise, I never would have given BSU a chance. It is amazing, and worlds cheaper than any other school I looked at.

TL;DR I got pwned by UC's, got into BSU, and I am happy.

Some advice:
Get on apps NOW. Some colleges offer interviews the summer before. DO IT IF YOU CAN. If you get a personal connection it will help you a ton.

Write and re-write essays a lot. They will only get better.

Since your college wont see your senior classes in your application, feel free to mention them in your essay, if it is on topic.

As far as essay topics go, be as creative and different as possible, seeing as the admissions officers read about a million of the same exact thing.

Once accepted, visit EVERY college. Don't knock anything off your list without a visit. If it hadn't been for my circumstance, I wouldn't have known about BSU.

Good luck

Last edited by Reddhedd (2011-06-14 01:47:34)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard