SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6356
already tryed that pmed you
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6540|United States
Blah. Are you even sure it's really hanging up there? Have you even given it enough time? That object shit takes a while to load up. I had this same problem when I was installing the patch before the most recent one. After a minute or two I thought it had frozen up so restarted and tried again... tried this a couple times then wiped the computer of all BF2 traces and reinstalled BF2 then SF then the newest patch. Same thing happened. So I restarted again but let it set longer this time at that same point. After a few minutes it continued on. Maybe you're just not being patient enough??
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6356
i leave the room after the 2nd disc goes in and then come ack later to find the failed msg and its always at the object_client part
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6356
still not working ERRRRRRRRRRR
nonexistentusmc
+26|6415|Queens, NYC
This happened to me before. I noticed my mistake was after it ejects disc 1, and I insert disc 2 is that I hit Resume or OK (whatever the button is to continue) too soon. So what I did instead was load up the CD, then wait for Win XP to recognize the CD and it prompts me as to what I want to do with it. I cancel that prompt window, wait for the CD to stop spinning in the drive then I click OK or RESUME or whatever the button is. I did that for disc 2 and disc 3. That works for me. And yes, make sure all traces are gone just like mentioned. I uninstalled and didnt clean up and I guess the new copy was confused. But give the patience thing a shot.
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6356
alrigh existance i hit the resume button fast 2 imma try this.  If it works imma give u karma every day i sign on
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6356
alright nothing is working i think ym bf2 days r over
Armed Rebel
+0|6283
I've having this exact same problem (But with with better grammar!).

Directly after the install asks for Disk 2 and I put it in and click okay, the install fails and I recieve the infamous "Try again from the beginning" error message, with nothing else.

I have no idea what to do, I've tried -everything-.

The odd thing being is that the install worked on this same computer before, with the same disks.  I only found it didn't work a couple months after a reformat, Bf2 always worked perfectly for me before that.  The only thing changed with my computer is that, in addition to a 250gb SATA HDD I had, I added in a 80gb IDE HDD.  So I thought that maybe that was creating conflicts with the install for whatever reason, so today I took out the 80GB HDD and tried the install, to no avail.

I've been through everything, a "manual" install, my disks are perfect (I even tried my friend's disks, and they didn't work), drivers are good, no Anti-virus or firewall installed, all other programs/processes are stopped, I thought that maybe my SATA cable might be bad so I switched it out, it can't be a problem reading the disks with my drives as A) I've tried with two and B) The "manual" install didn't work.  I'm desperate and out of options.

Tonight I'm going to try torrenting the game and see if that install will work.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Armed Rebel (2007-01-14 12:53:50)

Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6406|UK
try updating the firmware of your drives

clean the disk

try another drive
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

Have you cleared your registery of all DICE / BF2 / etc. related things?
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Armed Rebel
+0|6283
Yes, I'm on a clean install as of yesterday, so there are no remanents of Battlefield 2 (Or like, anything) of any kind.  My disks are perfect, and I've tried other drives (as I said).

I'll look into updating the firmware for the drives right now though, thanks.
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6356
um armed rebel this is my post.

And yes i have cleared my registry could haveing the pr mod on made me have to find more things?
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6356
i think my bf2 days r over
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6356
would defraging my comp help u think?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

SpawnKiller wrote: