l41e
+677|6640

ohai

So I'm having a rather odd problem. I've just installed BF2 on a new Win7 laptop, and for whatever reason, whenever a map finishes loading (or sometimes when I click 'Join Game') the audio will suddenly just completely stop working, including for non-BF2 programs running in the background. It seems to be affected by the graphics settings as well, for some reason - a couple hours ago it would work on 800x600 medium, but right now it doesn't even work on that, and I can't get it to work on any graphics settings higher than that - which is rather frustrating, as I know the GPU is perfectly capable of a good deal more than 800x600 medium. Map doesn't seem to make a difference.

I'm currently running it in windowed mode (although it doesn't seem to make a difference) at 800x600 medium (in the vain hope it'd work again) with audio quality also at medium. It's in compatibility mode with XP SP2 and running as an administrator (I'm on an admin account as well), and as far as I'm aware the sound drivers are up to date - at least they ought to be, as I've just received this notebook this afternoon. It's not the speakers, as using headphones doesn't help either.

I don't know if this helps, but the laptop is as follows: a Lenovo W520 with i7-2720QM processor, Quadro 2000M GPU (basically a GTX 460M with a couple % lower gaming performance, or so I've heard), 4GB of RAM, and something Device Manager calls "Conexant 20672 SmartAudio HD" for a sound card.

Edit: I should add that I've run it both in and out of compatibility mode. Doesn't appear to make a difference, although I only tried twice in compatibility mode.

Last edited by k30dxedle (2011-06-10 20:08:06)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

are your headphones/speakers 1/8" or USB?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
l41e
+677|6640

The speakers are integrated, the headphones are 1/8".

Edit: Disregard this thread, I missed an optional update to the sound...something about the sound. Regardless, it works now. hurr

Last edited by k30dxedle (2011-06-11 07:47:46)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard