venom6
Since day One.
+247|6550|Hungary
I agree! If you remember you had all the guns in Duke Nukem 3D and Forever should be similar to the old gameplay! I think a lot of people will be disappointed
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Given that they're putting so much marketing into 'Duke returns' kind of stuff, you'd figure they'd let you be a walking arsenal. You shouldn't have to figure out what kind of weapon you want to swap for in a sequel to Duke 3D; you should just be shooting the shit out of bad guys.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York
I'm really contemplating dropping my pre-order and just picking up NCAA FB '12. Fuck.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5780|Catherine Black
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

That two guns thing couldn't be any more absolutely un-Duke. The whole fun of the DN3D gameplay was using a vast array of weapons, sometimes all at the same time. From the Total Biscuit video I have to agree, it looks like modern samey FPS conventions with a Duke attitude tacked on.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Ty wrote:

That two guns thing couldn't be any more absolutely un-Duke.
That says it all. I was going to get the mega collector's edition, but not after I saw the two-guns bullcrap. I'll play CoD if I want to do that shit.
Stimey
­
+786|6111|Ontario | Canada
hey guys ever heard of mods?
­
­
­
­
­
­
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Ever heard of CBA?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
It's especially funny because of how much the game is exactly like Halo.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6651|The darkside of Denver
Im still going to get this... GASP I'm even going to ENJOY it.

I swear you fucking faggots hate everything.
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

SonderKommando wrote:

bf2s reviewing games ...

https://goo.gl/3ZtIj
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6651|The darkside of Denver

jsnipy wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

bf2s reviewing games ...

http://goo.gl/3ZtIj
haha yup.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6489

Stimey wrote:

hey guys ever heard of mods?
Admin/Mods Online: 0
Stimey
­
+786|6111|Ontario | Canada
https://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577799434564187519/9C0BF8C006333FEC3FD18F9D897144714A7C38E6/

Last edited by Stimey (2011-06-10 13:45:57)

­
­
­
­
­
­
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

SonderKommando wrote:

Not really (if that's referencing me). I'm usually pretty easy on most games. But I saw/played the demo and hated it and everything I'm hearing say it sucks. I know a guy who went to PAX East and he said it was awful as well.

I love Duke, but if it's as bad as they're saying I'll wait till the price drops.
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

no pos, you are an exception to the goth review rule
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

SonderKommando wrote:

I really want to love Duke Forever, but the Call of Duty shit is pissing me off. It's not just people at BF2S that hate it either. In what universe did they think this would be a good idea?
Spamtheban
Undsiputed BF2s FIFA champion of all time
+132|4833|Stoke
theres plenty of different guns lying around every where, just fuckin swap them
BRiiNDED
+137|6116
love this game, and as sam said, theres a fucking shit tonne of guns that come from enemies or whoever and lying around, plus if you go back later the guns reappear, so technically infinte ammo if you know what to do for it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Spamtheban wrote:

theres plenty of different guns lying around every where, just fuckin swap them
There's a ton of guns lying around in Duke 3D. Just fuckin carry them all.

Seriously, if I want to constantly swap shit out and predict what weapon I'm most likely going to need, I'll fucking play Call of Duty. Games like Duke, Doom, Quake, Unreal and Serious Sam are supposed to allow you to carry a full armory.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6315|Graz, Austria
I played the beta/demo thingie for half an hour, then uninstalled it.
Except for the original voice actor, it has completely lost everything that defined Duke Nukem or the general 1990's-style of FPS gaming.

I even doubt that this game would have had any chance (for me) any time later than the year 2000, after games like Half-Life, Thief and Deus Ex.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

But how could you not like it?! It's...it's...progress!
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6315|Graz, Austria
The first few years after Duke3D, everyone was still excited from the predecessor and was dreaming of the wildest FPS fantasies, more so, as it was just the time that 3D accelerator cards were hitting the mainstream market, which gave 3D-heavy FPS games an enormous push.

Some years later, the whole "Duke4Never" vaporware running-gag had already kicked in, and nobody was seriously expecting the game anymore at all.

Then, the last few years were a lot of rumors were surfacing, which finally lead to Duke's resurrection from the dead, all the people who still remember the old game were now thinking back to those glorious days, and having seen all the developments of computer gaming in the past decade, they were not expecting anything groundbreaking anymore. Definitely not technology-wise.

It's just a pity, Duke Nukem could easily have taken back the empty throne, that only Serious Sam kept warm for some time.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

But how could you not like it?! It's...it's...progress!
Hehe.
jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.

SonderKommando wrote:

Well we're not all as easily pleased as you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard