11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio
Saw something on ESPN today and I actually agree with them for a change.  Mike Tyson is being inducted into the boxing hall of fame.  Now I do not think he deserves it but the ESPN guy made a good point.  It is the hall of fame, not hall of accomplishments.  Fame alone Mike Tyson deserves first ballot.  Accomplishments on the other hand you can argue he doesn't even make it in.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

Mike did do a lot for boxing. and Buster Douglas, without Mike, you wouldn't know his name
11 Bravo
Banned

13urnzz wrote:

Mike did do a lot for boxing. and Buster Douglas, without Mike, you wouldn't know his name
bollocks.  he ruined it here in the US if you ask me.  what else would explain the sharp decline in boxing?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

11 Bravo wrote:

13urnzz wrote:

bollocks.  he ruined it here in the US if you ask me.  what else would explain the sharp decline in boxing?
did you ever pay-per-view one of his fights?
11 Bravo
Banned

13urnzz wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

13urnzz wrote:

did you ever pay-per-view one of his fights?
we used to pay per view a ton of fights in the 90's.  i guess a few were his ofc.
gurdeep
­
+812|4724|proll­y
i thought u didnt watch espn
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

i did too.  since then, i haven't paid to watch a heavy weight. Pacman and some of the other classes are worth watching, i couldn't name a heavy weight right now.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
Not a boxing fan at all, but:

holds the record as the youngest boxer to win the WBC, WBA and IBF world heavyweight titles.
He was the first heavyweight boxer to hold the WBA, WBC and IBF titles simultaneously.
He is also the only Heavyweight boxer to individually unify the WBC, WBA and IBF titles.
won his first 19 professional bouts by knockout, with twelve of them occurring in the first round.

Total fights     58
Wins     50
Wins by KO     44

Not accomplishments to be sneezed at.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2011-06-10 09:49:14)

11 Bravo
Banned

coolstorybro wrote:

i thought u didnt watch espn
45 mins on the treadmill you flip thru stuff ya know...
11 Bravo
Banned

DrunkFace wrote:

Not a boxing fan at all, but:

holds the record as the youngest boxer to win the WBC, WBA and IBF world heavyweight titles.
He was the first heavyweight boxer to hold the WBA, WBC and IBF titles simultaneously.
He is also the only Heavyweight boxer to individually unify the WBC, WBA and IBF titles.

Not accomplishments to be sneezed at.
prolly all roided up anyway.  when it came to the big time he failed.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England

13urnzz wrote:

i did too.  since then, i haven't paid to watch a heavy weight. Pacman and some of the other classes are worth watching, i couldn't name a heavy weight right now.
I ppv every single boxing event, and since the days of Mike I have felt ripped off every time I shell out for a heavyweight event.  Heavyweight boxing has been dead for a long time, hence Mike being paid money to fight long after he was really capable of doing so, and long after he cared about the sport - that pretty much ended when Cus died I think.  There's still alot of good fights in the lower weight classes - the super 6 tourney with Froch, Kessler et al and your Pacmans and the like are all worth paying for imo.  One of my enduring memories is of what Tyson did to Trevor Berbick if anyone remembers that - classic stuff.  Definately deserves hall of fame status - Youngest heavyweight champion of the damn world!

As a matter of interest is Haye - Klitschko generating much hype in the States or does no one give a fuck?
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
gurdeep
­
+812|4724|proll­y
i think i ppvd wrestlemania like 15 yrs ago. thats about it. just go to a bar and watch the fight fo free
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England
I like to watch in peace tho.  With cheaper booze.
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
id rather watch something entertaining
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England
Whats your beef with Boxing?
gurdeep
­
+812|4724|proll­y
fighting is pretty much the only sport i cant get in to
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England
Not even a bit of UFC?  Only sports I can't get into are like womens football and stuff.
gurdeep
­
+812|4724|proll­y
i mean ill watch it but i dont really know shit about it. yeah womens sports dont count
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6541

i watch it as well without really knowing anything. i watch all the PPVs and even went to LV to see a fight but yeah, i don't really know anything either. but i do know tyson's sick
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England
First thing I can remember my Pa buying me was a little pair of 8oz boxing gloves.  I boxed for quite a long time but got tired of having my fragile nose broken.  I much prefer spectating tbh.
gurdeep
­
+812|4724|proll­y
ill watch when its on. just never gone out of my way to watch a fight like i would for pretty much every other sport
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England
Boxings really the only sport I've spent "big" money on going to watch.  Have to go ringside tbh
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

My dad and I used to watch all the heavy-weight fights back in my pre-teens.  Those were the days when fights were hardly stopped.  Most ending only in knock-outs or last round.  I watch Pacman these days.
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England
I used to fucking dig the Marv Hagler and Tommy Hearns days.  That was boxing.  These days I dig B-Hop.  Mans old and hard as fuck.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard