max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6538|NYC / Hamburg

8GB DDR3 for my laptop for VMs and such
moved the 4GB that used to be in there into the mac mini (up from 2GB) that I'm using as a HTPC
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6431|UK

menzo wrote:

so you can use 2 mouses at the same time?
For when he wants to switch hands haha!
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4939|Dundee, Scotland.

wah1188 wrote:

menzo wrote:

For when he wants to switch hands haha!
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
It seems my sister won an ipad in some corporate event, arrives next week, not sure which model.

How do I convince her she doesn't need it?

What can I use it for?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia

Dilbert_X wrote:

it's good for nothing but pron.

What can I use it for?
pron.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6168|Winland

menzo wrote:

Among other things.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I've always hated the extra weight of adapters like that. Prefer ones with some wire to space the bulk away from the port.
I can't say that I care; it works.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

Freezer7Pro wrote:

menzo wrote:

Among other things.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I've always hated the extra weight of adapters like that. Prefer ones with some wire to space the bulk away from the port.
That is until a collision with a knee or shoulder, depending on case placement.  Or if at back, coming loose what with all the other wires around.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6168|Winland

Ilocano wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

menzo wrote:

Among other things.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

That is until a collision with a knee or shoulder, depending on case placement.  Or if at back, coming loose what with all the other wires around.
Considering that it's only about twice as long as a normal USB plug, I don't think the difference is worth noting. In fact, I find it to be a lot more practical than my previous one, which was indeed a "wire-box-wire" thing, as there's already too much spaghetti between the computer and the wall.

In the end, it's merely a question of preference and how you use it. In my case, I find this design to be preferable.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2011-06-09 14:10:34)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

If it weighs less, more power to you and t. It's just my preference not to have giant bulky things coming out of my computers' ports. Stubby DIV<-/->VGA adapters were bad enough.
Benzin
+576|5969

Dilbert_X wrote:

It seems my sister won an ipad in some corporate event, arrives next week, not sure which model.

What can I use it for?
Convincing your sister she doesn't need it so you can have it? Classy...

There are a lot of ways to use it. Look at what you do now in life and see if there is any way a digital version of a book or if the iPad can replace the laptop you bring to school (if you're a student). Get creative.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia
https://www.oldi.ru/upload/iblock/6ec/0152253_1.jpg
going to cut the fan out of its frame and replace the stock one in my ZALMAN CNPS7700-Cu, which after several years i had it finally became too noisy.

https://www.oldi.ru/upload/iblock/176/0164656_1.jpg
got this baby for a friend as a birthday present.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6168|Winland

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

If it weighs less, more power to you and t. It's just my preference not to have giant bulky things coming out of my computers' ports. Stubby DIV<-/->VGA adapters were bad enough.
I have one of those stuck back there, too!

It's not like it matters, I never touch the rear side of the Mac unless it's broken, anyhow.

EDIT:

I also spent 100€ on a new motherboard, CPU and CPU cooler for my server, the other day. Out with the 4400+, horrid MSI motherboard (with Nvidia chipset!), graphics card and 90's PSU, in with the E6300 (45nm version), GA-P45-DS3R, no graphics card at all, 80+ server-grade PSU, and even another TB of storage space!

The power usage went from ~110W when idle, to ~40W idle and ~65W under Linx load

Spoiler (highlight to read):
I also traded GNU-Linux for Windows Server 2008 R2.

https://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac7/FF_CCSa1F/nyaservern.jpg

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2011-06-10 01:48:35)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

CapnNismo wrote:

Look at what you do now in life
Benzin
+576|5969
Haha, that wasn't an insult, dude! Just saying look at what your current activities and figure out a way to fit the iPad to those.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
No really, you've given me some food for thought.

I guess I could use it for surfing eHarmony on the bus, as it passes WiFi hotspots and cafes and so on.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black
LOL
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Blasphemy
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6168|Winland

ebug9 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Blasphemy
Hit me back when you've got SMB2 and a file system that actually works on mechanical drives.

Also, I now see that I forgot to plug the CD drive in. Oh well.
Benzin
+576|5969

Dilbert_X wrote:

I guess I could use it for surfing eHarmony on the bus, as it passes WiFi hotspots and cafes and so on.
Never used online dating. But sure, go for it.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
Just ordered this for the in-laws:
HP Probook 4530s

https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/twigmar/HP_ProBook4530s_g5.jpg

https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/twigmar/HP_ProBook4530s_g2.jpg

Also ordered them a Win 7 64 bit, a couple of generic wireless mice, and a HDMI cable for myself.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
Sickter, price match on the above items accepted.

BTW, is that a cheiftec case Freezer? It r huge.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4939|Dundee, Scotland.

Nic wrote:

Sickter, price match on the above items accepted.

BTW, is that a cheiftec case Freezer? It r huge.
I've got a cheiftec, it's monsterous
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
TravisC555
+118|6190|Cox Convention Center, OK
320GB Western Digital hard drive and a 2.5" external enclosure so I can change out my PS3 hard drive.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

https://i.imgur.com/Fx0Yj.jpg x2

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard