Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4970|Dundee, Scotland.

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Camm wrote:

Graphic-J wrote:

As in theory as there are no spec requirements for it yet byt
Can this PC be good enough for high settings on BF3.

PIC:

http://marketplaceads.latimes.com/imgs/ … 4wideb.png

12 gb ram...  I'm drooling over that.
ram meh
gpu blows
cpu is meh for an i7
CPU is meh? It's the fastest quad core on the market and beats AMD 6 cores...

but yes that GT420 sucks...
welp...i was under teh impression the 2600 was  lower end i7. forgive me
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
BVC
+325|6697
Isn't AMD's new chip coming out around the time BF3 is released?  Will be interesting to see how that performs, given its essentially a new chip design.
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6208
I have the following ready for BF3
i7 2600k (as not sure if bf3 will use hyperthreading)
Gigabyte z68 UD7
16gb Corsair DDR3
pair of MSI Lightning 580GTX 3GB
Dell 30"
a pair of 60gb SSD's, one for OS one for Photoshop swap drive.
3TB hdd
Fractal XL case
Corsair 1200 pro

Really looking forward to the game
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
you're going to be really fucking disappointed when you spend all that money on an average FPS game.

no game is worth that much money / hardware.

buy an adequate rig that will run it on max and take the wife on kids on holiday, ffs
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
twoblacklines
+49|6208
I dont have a wife and kids y0

BF2 lasted 5 years why cant BF3 ?
13/f/taiwan
+940|5700
"Now it's all about cash in abundance"
twoblacklines
+49|6208
think about it

rig cost £4k

£4k / 5 yrs = not much

Editing for photography wise = win
jmsprovan
+18|5813|Alba

Uzique wrote:

you're going to be really fucking disappointed when you spend all that money on an average FPS game.

no game is worth that much money / hardware.

buy an adequate rig that will run it on max and take the wife on kids on holiday, ffs
if you had any sort of reading comprehension then you would have noticed from the first sentence that he already has that computer.

Last edited by jmsprovan (2011-06-08 17:15:27)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

there's a few games coming out around the same time as BF3, including the new Warhammer (graphics look amazing) and Arkham City.  So you wouldn't necessarily be building/spec'ing a new computer only for BF3 (unless that's all you want to play).
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6669

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

there's a few games coming out around the same time as BF3, including the new Warhammer (graphics look amazing) and Arkham City.  So you wouldn't necessarily be building/spec'ing a new computer only for BF3 (unless that's all you want to play).
Some of us have already upgraded a bit for Witcher 2 eye candy.
No/Yes
+14|5944|California, USA
i7 Extreme 980X(3.33GHz)
12GB DDR3
1TB HDD Capacity
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
800W Psupply
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

for 2000$

EDIT:The 570 is good enough for high graphics right?

Last edited by No/Yes (2011-06-08 17:58:09)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
For the price of the 980 I would have just got a reg i7 and 6990 w/ 6970 combo or 2 580s. Would perform way better than a 980 and 570 combo.
twoblacklines
+49|6208
Even two converted 6950's would do the job much better.

980x is a waste as the additional 2 cores dont scale well for games.

570 might not have enough vram depending on your resolution
No/Yes
+14|5944|California, USA

twoblacklines wrote:

The moniter i use is pretty small,' moniter running 1280 by 1024 as its native.  Im keeping the 980 because it'll have other uses other than gaming (running a server)
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

i usually deadhead my servers, remote into them . . .
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

No/Yes wrote:

twoblacklines wrote:

The moniter i use is pretty small,' moniter running 1280 by 1024 as its native.  Im keeping the 980 because it'll have other uses other than gaming (running a server)
that's a lot for a server. the fuck you using it for?
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5790|Catherine Black

No/Yes wrote:

twoblacklines wrote:

You're getting a 980X and a 570 and you're running it at 1280x1024?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
No/Yes
+14|5944|California, USA

Finray wrote:

No/Yes wrote:

twoblacklines wrote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Forgot to mention that i'll be getting a new moniter for christmas, but what size moniter do i ask my grandma to give me for christmas?
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
^24" at least.  1920 X 1200.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

TopHat01 wrote:

^24" at least.  1920 X 1200.
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5612|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

No/Yes wrote:

Finray wrote:

No/Yes wrote:

Forgot to mention that i'll be getting a new moniter for christmas, but what size moniter do i ask my grandma to give me for christmas?
Get a U2410 or HP ZR24w, or the new model if they come out with one by then, as long as it's 1920 x 1200. Always be IPS-ing tbh. At least
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
Finny is mad cause he can't afford a 980x. Or a 570.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

Nic wrote:

Finny is mad cause he can't afford a 980x. Or a 570.
Nah tbf, using a 980x and a 570 through a 1280x1024 monitor seems ridiculous overkill
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6661|The darkside of Denver
yall think I ought to be ok with my i7 920 @ 3.4? 

Maybe a new video card? running a 5850 now.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

SonderKommando wrote:

yall think I ought to be ok with my i7 920 @ 3.4? 

Maybe a new video card? running a 5850 now.
that gpu should run it mid-high

cpu is fine.

6gb ddr3? you're good

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard