lowing
Banned
+1,662|6692|USA

13/f/taiwan wrote:

how do you know it's the first thing on her "to-do" list?
I don't give a shit if it is the 100th thing....Anyone that was REALLY, sexually assaulted, isn't going to post it on fuckin' you tube.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6699|BC, Canada

lowing wrote:

Nic wrote:

lowing wrote:

add to it, the first thing they do is run to youtube? Yeah thats what all women who are molested do, run straight to youtube.
Not only do we not know if it was the first thing the did, but youtube is a very good medium to get your point across. After all, if they didn't post it to youtube, we wouldn't be discussing it would we?
Ok lets put it to something a little closer to home. Lets say, your wife was REALLY molested ( sexually assaulted f0r Ken and Jaekus), do you think posting it on youtube is going to be on her "to do" list?
Who said it was originally, maybe other avanues were not working, putting it on youtube is a very effective way of getting international attention and getting things dealt with. The squeaky wheel.
While I am not assuming that their intentions in doing this were good, I am also not assuming that they only did it to be dicks.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5739
you don't know that either.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6699|BC, Canada

lowing wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

I don't give a shit if it is the 100th thing....Anyone that was REALLY, sexually assaulted, isn't going to post it on fuckin' you tube.
Because you know the exact actions and intentions of everyone who has been sexually assaulted?
You have been sexually assaulted?
You have been a woman who has been molested by an athourity figure in an airport?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6692|USA

13/f/taiwan wrote:

you don't know that either.
yeah ok.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6692|USA

Nic wrote:

lowing wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Because you know the exact actions and intentions of everyone who has been sexually assaulted?
You have been a woman who has been molested by an athourity figure in an airport?
fair enough. Suffice it to say if  I were a jury, I would find anyone who posted something like on youtube to be highly questionable in their motives.

and you didn't answer my question.....would you wife want her sexual assault posted on you tube? In fact, do you know anyone that would want any violations of them posted on youtube?

Last edited by lowing (2011-06-04 15:46:47)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6699|BC, Canada

lowing wrote:

Nic wrote:

lowing wrote:

fair enough. Suffice it to say if  I were a jury, I would find anyone who posted something like on youtube to be highly questionable in their motives.

and you didn't answer my question.....would you wife want her sexual assault posted on you tube? In fact, do you know anyone that would want any violations of them posted on youtube?
It really depends. Most probably not the assault, the aftermath of said authority figures justifying doing it, maybe. It really is something that would need to be considered on a case by case basis. If I felt strongly enough about it, ( I would imagine that I would feel very strongly about it.), that I wanted the system changed to help avoid it happening to her, or others, and I felt that this was an effective method of doing that. Then yes.

Of course, it would be her decision, not mine, it is for me to support her, not decide for her.

As for knowing anyone one who would want to. It is not exactly a regular topic of conversation in any circles I run with. Apparently, some people feel this way, evidenced by the fact that we are discussing it.

Last edited by Nic (2011-06-04 15:54:04)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6692|USA

Nic wrote:

lowing wrote:

Nic wrote:

It really depends. Most probably not the assault, the aftermath of said authority figures justifying doing it, maybe. It really is something that would need to be considered on a case by case basis. If I felt strongly enough about it, ( I would imagine that I would feel very strongly about it.), that I wanted the system changed to help avoid it happening to her, or others, and I felt that this was an effective method of doing that. Then yes.

Of course, it would be her decision, not mine, it is for me to support her, not decide for her.

As for knowing anyone one who would want to. It is not exactly a regular topic of conversation in any circles I run with. Apparently, some people feel this way, evidenced by the fact that we are discussing it.
It would appear the only ones that would want to make their sexual violations public fodder are those looking to cash in on it, and to me that is reason enough to suspect the violations occurrence..
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6699|BC, Canada
I skipped through bits of the first one. Does she demand payment at any point?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6692|USA

Nic wrote:

I skipped through bits of the first one. Does she demand payment at any point?
Do you think she would demand payment right then and there? There will be a law suit to follow,  I would bank on it.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6699|BC, Canada
Bank on it all you want, does not mean it will happen, or even if it does, that she did not feel violated or that it didn't happen. Or even that it is bad that she did get some form of compensation for it. Yes there are people who take advantage of the system, it does not mean that it is happening here or the majority of times someone receives compensation.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6692|USA

Nic wrote:

Bank on it all you want, does not mean it will happen, or even if it does, that she did not feel violated or that it didn't happen. Or even that it is bad that she did get some form of compensation for it. Yes there are people who take advantage of the system, it does not mean that it is happening here or the majority of times someone receives compensation.
agree to disagree
eleven bravo
+1,399|5299|foggy bottom
sorry you feel that way
Tu Stultus Es
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6699|BC, Canada
So is it your belief that anyone suing someone is in the wrong or a bad person? Not to get off the original topic or anything.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6692|USA

Nic wrote:

So is it your belief that anyone suing someone is in the wrong or a bad person? Not to get off the original topic or anything.
Nope never said that, I will say that our society is ate up with people looking for a free ride anyway they can get it, and frivolous laws suits is a common way to accomplish that.

and anyone that posts their victimization on youtube for the world to "enjoy", I will suspect.

Last edited by lowing (2011-06-04 16:35:37)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6695

lowing wrote:

Nic wrote:

Nope never said that, I will say that our society is ate up with people looking for a free ride anyway they can get it, and frivolous laws suits is a common way to accomplish that.

and anyone that posts their victimization on youtube, I will suspect.
that sucks bro i would not hesitate to fist fight them
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5514|Ventura, California
"She touched my breasts in a pat-down!"

That's right retard, you could have something hidden in there and guess who gets the blame if the plane is hijacked? Stupid woman

Chances of a hijack? Very slim, but at the moment the law requires the pat-down, so drive a car or STFU.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5219|Sydney

lowing wrote:

Nic wrote:

lowing wrote:

add to it, the first thing they do is run to youtube? Yeah thats what all women who are molested do, run straight to youtube.
Not only do we not know if it was the first thing the did, but youtube is a very good medium to get your point across. After all, if they didn't post it to youtube, we wouldn't be discussing it would we?
Ok lets put it to something a little closer to home. Lets say, your wife was REALLY molested ( sexually assaulted f0r Ken and Jaekus), do you think posting it on youtube is going to be on her "to do" list?
She was molested, this has already been covered so move along.

Ever thought that for Miss America to post the video was a form of empowerment?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6146|eXtreme to the maX

mtb0minime wrote:

that sucks bro i would not hesitate to fist them
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6692|USA

Jaekus wrote:

lowing wrote:

Nic wrote:

She was molested, this has already been covered so move along.

Ever thought that for Miss America to post the video was a form of empowerment?
Wait wait......are talking about the "annoyed", "bothered" molested, or the sexually assaulted molested?  Cuz, I just wanna be sure you and Ken Jennings are talking about the same kind the rest of us were talking about.

Then we will talk about wether or not she was sexually assaulted.

I travel alot, and I have been subjected to searches as well. Yes, the TSA has to touch you to search you and no it is no big deal. A woman searches females and a male searches males. The only people that want to make a big deal out of it are drama queens, and those seeking to cash in.

As far as miss America goes, it would appear youtube was the first thing she thought of after being sexually assaulted, or "annoyed" and "bothered". Kinda suspect.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5219|Sydney
Can you not derail every thread in this forum with hair splitting? Pretty sure everyone here is over it.

I don't see it as suspect. She was clearly upset by it. People aren't generic creatures with the same impulses. Some people would just be creeped out, some would be traumatised and some would want to be proactive to take control of a situation that adversely affected them that was out of their control and in their opinion, out of line.

Did you even watch the video? Or are you happy with a guy touching your cock a few times when you go through the security check?
fo0k
+14|6788|London, England
...get over it..

whats the point of a search if you don't search.  It's painfully simple to conceal things in underwear because thats generally where security fail to touch.  This is not molestation.. It's just probably how searches should be conducted to be in any way worthwhile.

time for an oldie.

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6757
full body pat down means... full body pat down. ive heard of stories people sneaking coke by strapping them to their balls.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6692|USA

Jaekus wrote:

Can you not derail every thread in this forum with hair splitting? Pretty sure everyone here is over it.

I don't see it as suspect. She was clearly upset by it. People aren't generic creatures with the same impulses. Some people would just be creeped out, some would be traumatised and some would want to be proactive to take control of a situation that adversely affected them that was out of their control and in their opinion, out of line.

Did you even watch the video? Or are you happy with a guy touching your cock a few times when you go through the security check?
Now this I love, Ken Jennings goes off on the multiple definitions of molest, even though we were clearly discussing sexual assault, and you applaud him and claiming I was "schooled". Then I make sure we are talking about the same definition and you accuse of me derailing... no bias there that I can see. lol.

Been through plenty of screenings and no one ever grabbed my "cock a few times" while they did it. Sorry. Fact is, I don't need the money or attention this law suit is gunna try and bring.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6364|New Haven, CT
The definition of molestation applicable in this context is the criminal one, so Ken's little digression into the multiple meaning's of the word was unnecessary.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2011-06-05 14:28:44)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard