Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6690

Among other things, warm weather = awesome evenings outside.

We have pools, A/C and beaches for our hot days.  You are mostly stuck inside if it's freezing outside.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5381|London, England
I'll take a frozen day in the 20s over a muggy day in the 90s anytime.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6690

Jay wrote:

I'll take a frozen day in the 20s over a muggy day in the 90s anytime.
A/C during the day.  Late night fun in the evenings with only t-shirts/shorts on.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

Yeah, that's why I said all year round. Granted, NY is great in the summer but pretty cold for 6 months, and that's not very different from home.
Home isn't lagom enough for you?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5724|College Park, MD

Jay wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Jay wrote:

I miss the snow
I bet a beer that at some point during the winter you bitched about the cold and how you wanted it to be warm.

After I graduate I'm strongly contemplating Seattle.
No way. I never bitch about the cold. At least if you're cold you can put on more layers. If it's hot and sticky it fucking blows. You either swelter or you sit inside in the AC all day (which makes having hot weather pointless in the first place).
This is true.

Thankfully it's a silly argument because I have identified a few cities which have largely pleasant weather throughout the year. Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Portland and Seattle.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Jay wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I bet a beer that at some point during the winter you bitched about the cold and how you wanted it to be warm.

After I graduate I'm strongly contemplating Seattle.
No way. I never bitch about the cold. At least if you're cold you can put on more layers. If it's hot and sticky it fucking blows. You either swelter or you sit inside in the AC all day (which makes having hot weather pointless in the first place).
This is true.

Thankfully it's a silly argument because I have identified a few cities which have largely pleasant weather throughout the year. Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Portland and Seattle.
Large gay populations. You'll fit right in

-Frederick Bastiat
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6690

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

Wow, you guys have been replying faster than rabbits procreate.

Ilocano wrote:

Hawaii is over-rated.  If your choices are only CSULB or CSUF, pick CSULB.  CSULB is the beach lifestyle (yes, the beach is just there), plus everything else that is SoCal.  Do not go to CSUF, unless you like being bored as hell.  CSULB does actually have pretty good Computer Science/Engineering programs, and interesting enough, a good Radio and Television program as well.

Neither are big sports colleges, so not much as far as reps though.  Have you also considered USC or UCLA?
Any other schools are out of the question, unfortunately. When I started looking at schools back in january/february it was too late to apply for a lot of programs in many schools around California. Like UCLA, UCSB, UCSD etc. CSULB is the place I would most likely enjoy, with the beach and everything. When it comes to sports I don't really care that much, I work out at the gym and run so it doesnt really matter if they have a basket ball team or not.

Macbeth wrote:

Hawaii has a high cost of living but Cali isn't cheap either. As for the value of the degrees- go for the master in computer science in Cali. I'm not sure how it is in Sweden but if you want to be employed in the U.S. you have a better shot with a masters in computer science than with a masters in communications.
You're probably very right about that, and there are tons of jobs in IT here in Sweden as well. Although I'm not worried about not getting a job when I'm done, whether I stay in the US or move back.

When I was deciding what I wanted to study I considered doing an MBA but it just seems a little overrated and honestly I'm not very interested in studying business like that. It's also a lot more expensive than almost all other programs.

The tuition is about the same for all of the three schools I mentioned, around 5-7k a semester.
Actually, when I was referring to sports, I was referring to the prestige factor.  CSULB and CSUF do not have the sports powerhouse that are USC and UCLA, and the alumni support that follows it.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5724|College Park, MD

Jay wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Jay wrote:

This is true.

so does NY lol

hey, the gays seem to know where the best weather is
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6760|Oxferd Ohire

Jay wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Jay wrote:

This is true.

so nyc is filled with fat annoying people
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6022|...
extreme cold is just as bad as extreme heat
inane little opines
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6520

i'd rather be parbroiled than frozen . . .
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

RTHKI wrote:

Jay wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

This is true.

so nyc is filled with fat annoying people
https://files.sharenator.com/u_mad_bro_RE_Picture_Challenge_3-s469x428-160564.jpg
-Frederick Bastiat
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6022|...
I'm happy living in a place where it never gets hotter than 40 or colder than -15
inane little opines
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
The range here is about -12C - 37C
-Frederick Bastiat
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6022|...
about the same here

been to siberia in the winter and congo in the summer, no thanks to both.
inane little opines
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
+32|6629|Stockholm, Sweden

Ilocano wrote:

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

Wow, you guys have been replying faster than rabbits procreate.

Ilocano wrote:

Hawaii is over-rated.  If your choices are only CSULB or CSUF, pick CSULB.  CSULB is the beach lifestyle (yes, the beach is just there), plus everything else that is SoCal.  Do not go to CSUF, unless you like being bored as hell.  CSULB does actually have pretty good Computer Science/Engineering programs, and interesting enough, a good Radio and Television program as well.

Neither are big sports colleges, so not much as far as reps though.  Have you also considered USC or UCLA?
Any other schools are out of the question, unfortunately. When I started looking at schools back in january/february it was too late to apply for a lot of programs in many schools around California. Like UCLA, UCSB, UCSD etc. CSULB is the place I would most likely enjoy, with the beach and everything. When it comes to sports I don't really care that much, I work out at the gym and run so it doesnt really matter if they have a basket ball team or not.

Macbeth wrote:

Hawaii has a high cost of living but Cali isn't cheap either. As for the value of the degrees- go for the master in computer science in Cali. I'm not sure how it is in Sweden but if you want to be employed in the U.S. you have a better shot with a masters in computer science than with a masters in communications.
You're probably very right about that, and there are tons of jobs in IT here in Sweden as well. Although I'm not worried about not getting a job when I'm done, whether I stay in the US or move back.

When I was deciding what I wanted to study I considered doing an MBA but it just seems a little overrated and honestly I'm not very interested in studying business like that. It's also a lot more expensive than almost all other programs.

The tuition is about the same for all of the three schools I mentioned, around 5-7k a semester.
Actually, when I was referring to sports, I was referring to the prestige factor.  CSULB and CSUF do not have the sports powerhouse that are USC and UCLA, and the alumni support that follows it.
Oh, I see how that could be kinda fun then, having a school team that's really good and alot of students supporting. But i've only seen stuff like it in movies, in Sweden there isn't anything like the college sports you guys have.

From what I've heard and seen it's always around 70-80 degrees in LA year 'round. Which is a very pleasent temperature to live in. I heard somewhere that 77 degrees is the perfect temperature for humans to live in because we could walk around naked and not freeze nor be warm and sweat. Not that I would walk around naked, just sayin
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy

Jay wrote:

Right, I lived in NY during november to february and there where a few days with sub zero (celsius) temperatures, for the most part it ranged from 0-5 I'd reckon. there were even two days in january with 15 degrees.
I also visited NY about a year ago in April and the city is great in spring time. It was like 30 degrees for two days.

The cold weather is not that bad, we're not talking siberia cold with blizzards and shit, but I just really prefer mild and warm temperatures and now that I have the chance to live in such a place I gotta take. If I end getting employed in the US I would definitely consider moving to NYC, though.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6623|132 and Bush

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

but I just really prefer mild and warm temperatures and now that I have the chance to live in such a place I gotta take.
I hear Florida is nice.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6129|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

5C-45C Here.
Humidity is not a problem.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2011-06-02 01:11:47)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6739
Yeah US tuition is fucking expensive as shit for international/out of state. The kid might as well just stick with Sweden... Aussie is cheap as for domestic (no in state/out state bullshit) around 4k a semester and 20% discount if you pay up front, but internationals pay around 15k a semester but it's easier for internationals to get in.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6623|132 and Bush

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

5C-45C Here.
Humidity is not a problem.
In the summer, maximum average is 29 °C^

I wish.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy

Cybargs wrote:

Yeah US tuition is fucking expensive as shit for international/out of state. The kid might as well just stick with Sweden... Aussie is cheap as for domestic (no in state/out state bullshit) around 4k a semester and 20% discount if you pay up front, but internationals pay around 15k a semester but it's easier for internationals to get in.
Yeah, UTS in sydney is about double the cost in tuition fees compared to the universities I applied to in LA.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6739

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Yeah, UTS in sydney is about double the cost in tuition fees compared to the universities I applied to in LA.
15k a semester right? All aussie unis are like that. UNSW for comp sci is where its at in Aussie, same with ANU.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6129|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

You bitch about snow though
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=135055

I've never really had any trouble with heat, and Florida humidity wasn't really too bad.
Going from heat-AC-heat-AC is a killer though.

On topic:
A degree from the University of Hawaii sounds like one of those mail-order scams TBH.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy

Dilbert_X wrote:

On topic:
A degree from the University of Hawaii sounds like one of those mail-order scams TBH.
Good thing then that its the Hawaii Pacific University (HPU)....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard