11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5246|Cleveland, Ohio
Right so I have to carry this phone around for work purposes.  How in the hell do you set up your work email to come thru on it?  What info do I need?
jsnipy
+3,276|6531|...

exchange server (from internet), user name and password thats it.

edit: presumption, what do you guys use for your work email. You use outlook in the office?
11 Bravo
Banned

jsnipy wrote:

exchange server (from internet), user name and password thats it.

edit: presumption, what do you guys use for your work email. You use outlook in the office?
correct.  exchange server?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6676

Touchdown for Exchange.  Hands down the best.  The one I use.  Download the trial.  Full version, but expires after a month or so.

http://www.amazon.com/NitroDesk-Inc-Exc … B004SHQXF2
signa
~~~~~
+50|6737|Michigan, USA
you can setup a new mail account in the phone, just specify exchange as the server type and fill in the details.
other than that, like Ilocano said, touchdown is the only decent exchange app for android but you have to pay for it.  all the others apps are total shit.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6676

for setup info, all you should need is your company mail server.  Something like mail.companyname.com.  And then your Exchange domain/username and password.  Everything else should be default.  Afterwards, you might want to setup settings to not delete email on the server if you delete it on the phone.
11 Bravo
Banned

Ilocano wrote:

for setup info, all you should need is your company mail server.  Something like mail.companyname.com.  And then your Exchange domain/username and password.  Everything else should be default.  Afterwards, you might want to setup settings to not delete email on the server if you delete it on the phone.
well it asks for the server address and exchange domain name....then username and password.  i got the last two and assume the server add is that mail.companyname.etc.  exchange domain name..what is that?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6320

You can check the name of the exchange server if you're on your PC at work.
Click on Mail in the Control Panel
Click on e-mail accounts
Click on the Change... button

https://i53.tinypic.com/5z3bf5.jpg

Assuming your work PCs are running XP
11 Bravo
Banned

ebug9 wrote:

You can check the name of the exchange server if you're on your PC at work.
Click on Mail in the Control Panel
Click on e-mail accounts
Click on the Change... button

http://i53.tinypic.com/5z3bf5.jpg

Assuming your work PCs are running XP
ugh ya im not at work.  oh well.  ill call someone there though.  thanks.  thats the domain name correct?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6320

I believe that would be the address.

The domain name would be whatever appears after the @ symbol in your email address.

Correct me if I'm wrong Ilocano, you probably have a lot more experience with this than I do.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6676

Using your email address, [email protected], try these for server name/address:

mail.companyname.com
namail.companyname.com
namail1.companyname.com
smtp.companyname.com

Domain is the network group that you put in front of your username when you log into your work pc.

Somethint like this.  DOM being your Domain.  We are an international company, so we have a domestic and international domain.

LoginID: DOM\11BRAVO
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6676

BTW, are you using the EVO's MAIL app or something else like TouchDown?
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6668|The darkside of Denver
Alot of companies will use OWA as a proxy for mobile devices.  Do you have outlook web access marine?

To append Ilocano try webmail.companyname.com for the address.

Also, you will probably need to do the manual setup as autodiscovery has some...issues...

Have you called your helpdesk yet?  They can set you up broski.

Last edited by SonderKommando (2011-06-01 11:45:05)

11 Bravo
Banned
evo..

its ask for email add - got that
then server add - i have outlook web email open but cant figure out the server add
domain - did what ebug said and a buddy emailed it to me
11 Bravo
Banned
ya its owa...

well now it seems like its working but it keeps telling me check my username and password.  i am using what i log into at work and via the web.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6676

OK, since you are using your outlook web email.

Got to the login screen that prompts for Domain and Username.  Look at the url.

https://mail.company.com/owa/auth/logon.aspx

Server name is this part: mail.company.com.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6676

For the MAIL app, domain and username are two different boxes.  Do you have SSL checked?
11 Bravo
Banned

Ilocano wrote:

For the MAIL app, domain and username are two different boxes.  Do you have SSL checked?
i have my normal username in there...

and yes ssl is checked
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6676

fat-fingered or locked out after so many attempts?
11 Bravo
Banned

Ilocano wrote:

fat-fingered or locked out after so many attempts?
no..i get into via the web
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6676

OWA domain\username is one box, correct?  For the Mail app, all you should need is split them in two separate boxes.  Case shouldn't be an issue, but try entering domain in all caps.
11 Bravo
Banned

Ilocano wrote:

OWA domain\username is one box, correct?
no
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6676

Did you update MAIL to the latest version? When I got my EVO, the first version of MAIL was buggy with Exchange.
11 Bravo
Banned
ugh nevermind guys.  it appears i have to be added to some secure group and i need to do an IT request with Delta first.  thanks for the help.....might need you later.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6676

And besides, they probably don't want you to use MAIL anyways.  I have to use Touchdown for the extra security/encryption requirements.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard