11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio

Jay wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

I think we would see less smugglers/pot related criminals. I imagine the USA is biggest customer of smuggled pot.
so...then how can you say there are smugglers where it is legal being a problem?
The Netherlands is surrounded by countries where possessing marijuana is illegal. Is the United States? No? Ok then. You're making a big deal about nothing.
is it legal in canada?  nope.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

11 Bravo wrote:

Jay wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

so...then how can you say there are smugglers where it is legal being a problem?
The Netherlands is surrounded by countries where possessing marijuana is illegal. Is the United States? No? Ok then. You're making a big deal about nothing.
Mostly. It's certainly not prosecuted the way it is here. If we legalized it I guarantee they would follow suit. Even if we did and they didn't the smuggling would be their problem, not ours.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

Jay wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Jay wrote:

Mostly. It's certainly not prosecuted the way it is here. If we legalized it I guarantee they would follow suit. Even if we did and they didn't the smuggling would be their problem, not ours.
but the smugglers would be HERE.  hence the argument people are putting up on why they are cracking down.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

Jay wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

but the smugglers would be HERE.  hence the argument people are putting up on why they are cracking down.
It's a dumb argument. Oh noes there might be an uptick in people smuggling from our side of the border to theirs. So what? Canada then has the choice to crackdown or legalize it. Guaranteed they choose the latter.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

Jay wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Jay wrote:

It's a dumb argument. Oh noes there might be an uptick in people smuggling from our side of the border to theirs. So what? Canada then has the choice to crackdown or legalize it. Guaranteed they choose the latter.
jay...tell that to the people saying that.  i am just playing devils advocate with them.

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2011-05-28 13:36:05)

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6708|Toronto | Canada

its pretty lax in terms of enforcement here... nobody really cares.  i could definitely see it being decriminalized and/or legalized within a decade
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Shrug. Their arguments are hollow across the board.

"Marijuana is a gateway drug" Umm, no. It's a gateway to having the munchies perhaps, but not to harder drugs.
"Marijuana impairs driving and would lead to more accidents" Umm, it's already considered under DUI so there wouldn't be any upticks there now would there?
"Marijuana use is morally wrong" So if you're morally opposed, don't partake. Simple.
"Legalization would increase the chances of the drug falling into the hands of kids." Right, because having age limits on alcohol and tobacco has really put a damper on their use. Oh, and most people I know that have smoked marijuana did so in their teenage years so fail regardless.
"Because of drug-related arrests, people who have committed or are likely to commit more serious crimes can be taken off the streets." lolololol.
"Physical damage would be done to users that abuse the drug." It's their life is it not?
"More widespread use would increase the dangers of secondhand smoke-damage to bystanders." Please.

Arguments lifted from here: http://www.balancedpolitics.org/marijua … zation.htm

As you can see, the whole situation is retarded.
-Frederick Bastiat
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

If anything, companies like Doritos should be lobbying hard for legalisation.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6598|IRELAND

11 Bravo wrote:

what does this say about pot?  i mean one of the most liberal places for pot is laying the smack down.  and we here in the US are trying to free its use.  confusing.
Its probably the hordes of drunkin fucked up Tourists who go their and piss on their streets.

Ive been 8 times to Holland over the years as I have friends who live in Amsterdam and Rotterdam and when your not their as a tourist as such and with a local you get to see what a horrible mess the "lets get fucked up and piss on the streets while singing football songs" tourists make of the place and what the locals think of it all.

This isn't about drugs, its about the Dutch reclaiming Amsterdam for Normal tourists. You know the kind who don't spend all their money on drugs and whores and contribute to the rest of the economy.

The dutch drug laws work for the dutch. Keeping hard and soft drugs separated. When I was smoking weed I had to go to a dealer. The same dealer sold E, Coke and now I hear Heroin. Its like a sweetie shop for kids with lots of choices.
What they are doing now is safe guarding the dutch who seam to be able to have a smoke and a few beers and go home without incident. All you have to do is look at what goes on on the streets of the UK at the weekend and then you understand why they don't want that kind or tourist there.

I'm a great believer in personal freedom, as are the dutch hence their laws. If you wanta fuck yourself up, go ahead. But if by fucking yourself up you in anyway effect someone else, then the law comes down on you.

Also as a US citizen would you not rather have the $5-6Billion made by the Mexican drug cartels every year in the US being taxed and spent on roads on shit? Would you not rather see the end of the drug war going on along your border with Mexico? Would you not rather see the tens of thousands used to prosecute a single weed users spent on schools or going after the hard drug importers? You know the drugs which actually kill people.
Because during the 50 year old war on drugs, drug use has multiplied exponentially, so emmmm, its not working. And when things don't work for 50 years its usually time to have a rethink.

Last edited by JahManRed (2011-05-30 04:36:08)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

So it all boils down to soccer hoodlums?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
11 Bravo
Banned
i want pot legal so we can tax it and the stupid pot culture here dies out.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney

11 Bravo wrote:

Yeah, that's worked for alcohol.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Jaekus wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Sarcasm surely?
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
Of course, lol
JahManRed
wank
+646|6598|IRELAND

FEOS wrote:

So it all boils down to soccer hoodlums?
It certainly looks that way. Loads of stag/buck parties out to get as messed up as possible.
11 Bravo
Banned

Jaekus wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

what do you mean?  we tax it?  yes we do.  and it pays for a lot of stuff.

and i dont see any "zomg 420 bro" crap from people who drink.  so...........

what is your point?  do you have one or just trolling?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
most smokers would be happy to pay a tax
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned

eleven bravo wrote:

most smokers would be happy to pay a tax
i know.  and i want them to.  free loaders the lot of you.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
some places in la actually do tax it
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
although i dont think theyre supposed to
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned
gotta pay for my sin so you should have to also
13/f/taiwan
+940|5668

11 Bravo wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

what do you mean?  we tax it?  yes we do.  and it pays for a lot of stuff.

and i dont see any "zomg 420 bro" crap from people who drink.  so...........

what is your point?  do you have one or just trolling?
He is saying even after the legalization of alcohol there is still a drinking "culture" present.

And I have seen many people say "zomg lets get drunk bro" here in the states. If anything drinking "culture" is on a higher scale than pot.

Last edited by 13/f/taiwan (2011-05-31 09:29:11)

13/f/taiwan
+940|5668

eleven bravo wrote:

yeah, but would you quit going to the dealer if a pot shop opened and sold the same exact thing for double the price?
11 Bravo
Banned

13/f/taiwan wrote:

He is saying even after the legalization of alcohol there is still a drinking "culture" present.

And I have seen many people say "zomg lets get drunk bro" here in the states. If anything drinking "culture" is on a higher scale than pot.
rappers dont typically rap about a bottle of sam adams.  and no you are not correct.  ya for college kids thats true.  but, the only people i see who somehow have to bring attention to it are pot heads.  by a long shot.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom

13/f/taiwan wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

yeah, but would you quit going to the dealer if a pot shop opened and sold the same exact thing for double the price?
dispensaries typically have cheaper prices than the dealer and a lot more variety.  and specials to, these guys have sales.   like you could get an half ounce for 100 bucks if you show up between 10 and 4 or something like that
Tu Stultus Es

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard