Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
JahManRed
wank
+646|5589|IRELAND

AussieReaper wrote:

If he were serious, we would approach the UN.
This is a joke Right?


Resolution 106: condemns Israel for Gaza raid.
Resolution 111: condemns Israel for raid on Syria that killed fifty-six people.
Resolution 127: recommends Israel suspend its no-man's zone' in Jerusalem.
Resolution 162: urges Israel to comply with UN decisions.
Resolution 171: determines flagrant violations by Israel in its attack on Syria.
Resolution 228: censures Israel for its attack on Samu in the West Bank, then under Jordanian control.
Resolution 237: urges Israel to allow return of new 1967 Palestinian refugees.
Resolution 248: condemns Israel for its massive attack on Karameh in Jordan.
Resolution 250: calls on Israel to refrain from holding military parade in Jerusalem.
Resolution 251: deeply deplores Israeli military parade in Jerusalem in defiance of Resolution 250.
Resolution 252: declares invalid Israel's acts to unify Jerusalem as Jewish capital.
Resolution 256: condemns Israeli raids on Jordan as flagrant violation.
Resolution 259: deplores Israel's refusal to accept UN mission to probe occupation.
Resolution 262: condemns Israel for attack on Beirut airport.
Resolution 265: condemns Israel for air attacks for Salt in Jordan.
Resolution 267: censures Israel for administrative acts to change the status of Jerusalem.
Resolution 270: condemns Israel for air attacks on villages in southern Lebanon.
Resolution 271: condemns Israel's failure to obey UN resolutions on Jerusalem.
Resolution 279: demands withdrawal of Israeli forces from Lebanon.
Resolution 280: condemns Israeli's attacks against Lebanon.
Resolution 285: demands immediate Israeli withdrawal from Lebanon.
Resolution 298: deplores Israel's changing of the status of Jerusalem.
Resolution 313: demands that Israel stop attacks against Lebanon.
Resolution 316: condemns Israel for repeated attacks on Lebanon.
Resolution 317: deplores Israel's refusal to release.
Resolution 332: condemns Israel's repeated attacks against Lebanon.
Resolution 337: condemns Israel for violating Lebanon's sovereignty.
Resolution 347: condemns Israeli attacks on Lebanon.
Resolution 425: calls on Israel to withdraw its forces from Lebanon.
Resolution 427: calls on Israel to complete its withdrawal from Lebanon.
Resolution 444: deplores Israel's lack of cooperation with UN peacekeeping forces.
Resolution 446: determines that Israeli settlements are a serious obstruction to peace and calls on Israel to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention
Resolution 450: calls on Israel to stop attacking Lebanon.
Resolution 452: calls on Israel to cease building settlements in occupied territories.
Resolution 465: deplores Israel's settlements and asks all member states not to assist its settlements program.
Resolution 467: strongly deplores Israel's military intervention in Lebanon.
Resolution 468: calls on Israel to rescind illegal expulsions of two Palestinian mayors and a judge and to facilitate their return.
Resolution 469: strongly deplores Israel's failure to observe the council's order not to deport Palestinians.
Resolution 471: expresses deep concern at Israel's failure to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention.
Resolution 476: reiterates that Israel's claim to Jerusalem are null and void.
Resolution 478: censures (Israel) in the strongest terms for its claim to Jerusalem in its Basic Law.
Resolution 484: declares it imperative that Israel re-admit two deported Palestinian mayors.
Resolution 487: strongly condemns Israel for its attack on Iraq's nuclear facility.
Resolution 497: decides that Israel's annexation of Syria's Golan Heights
is null and void and demands that Israel rescinds its decision forthwith.
Resolution 498: calls on Israel to withdraw from Lebanon.
Resolution 501: calls on Israel to stop attacks against Lebanon and withdraw its troops.
Resolution 509: demands that Israel withdraw its forces forthwith and unconditionally from Lebanon.
Resolution 515: demands that Israel lift its siege of Beirut and allow food supplies to be brought in.
Resolution 517: censures Israel for failing to obey UN resolutions and demands that Israel withdraw its forces from Lebanon.
Resolution 518: demands that Israel cooperate fully with UN forces in Lebanon.
Resolution 520: condemns Israel's attack into West Beirut.
Resolution 573: condemns Israel vigorously for bombing Tunisia in attack on PLO headquarters.
Resolution 587: takes note of previous calls on Israel to withdraw its forces from Lebanon and urges all parties to withdraw.
Resolution 592: strongly deplores the killing of Palestinian students at Bir Zeit University by Israeli troops.
Resolution 605: strongly deplores Israel's policies and practices denying the human rights of Palestinians.
Resolution 607: calls on Israel not to deport Palestinians and strongly requests it to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention.
Resolution 608: deeply regrets that Israel has defied the United Nations and deported Palestinian civilians.
Resolution 636: deeply regrets Israeli deportation of Palestinian civilians.
Resolution 641: deplores Israel's continuing deportation of Palestinians.
Resolution 672: condemns Israel for violence against Palestinians at the Haram Al-Sharif/Temple Mount.
Resolution 673: deplores Israel's refusal to cooperate with the United Nations.
Resolution 681: deplores Israel's resumption of the deportation of Palestinians.
Resolution 694: deplores Israel's deportation of Palestinians and calls on it to ensure their safe and immediate return.
Resolution 726: strongly condemns Israel's deportation of Palestinians.
Resolution 799: strongly condemns Israel's deportation of 413 Palestinians and calls for their immediate return.

All broken UN Resolutions.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,734|5067|eXtreme to the maX
What we need is for the US to stop blindly vetoing anything anti-Israel.

Then the UN will work fine.
#FreeBritney
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|4960|...
UN is a joke
inane little opines
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|5372|'Murka

Just remove the veto from the UNSC. Period.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,734|5067|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

Just remove the veto from the UNSC. Period.
That would work too.
#FreeBritney
Cheeky_Ninja06
Member
+52|5694|Cambridge, England
It would work great. But wouldn't the big players just leave if they don't get their way?
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|5372|'Murka

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

It would work great. But wouldn't the big players just leave if they don't get their way?
It would just force everyone to gain consensus on the major issues (like binding resolutions), and would also force those who don't like them to work diplomatic channels to gain support for their side.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,734|5067|eXtreme to the maX
No it wouldn't, the major powers would just go ahead and do what they want to do, ignoring the UN in the process.
Just look at the Iraq invasion.

The little countries, eg Israel, would have to bow to the majority rule.
#FreeBritney
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|5372|'Murka

Countries don't forgo their own sovereignty and ignore their own national interests in order to placate the UN's parliamentary rules. Nor should they be expected to. However, that should be the exception, rather than the rule. And it is.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,734|5067|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

Countries don't forgo their own sovereignty and ignore their own national interests in order to placate the UN's parliamentary rules. Nor should they be expected to.
Yes they should, thats the whole point of the UN - being part of a wider community instead of the lone nut in the hilltop shack - and they aren't trivial 'parliamentary rules'.
#FreeBritney
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|5372|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Countries don't forgo their own sovereignty and ignore their own national interests in order to placate the UN's parliamentary rules. Nor should they be expected to.
Yes they should, thats the whole point of the UN - being part of a wider community instead of the lone nut in the hilltop shack - and they aren't trivial 'parliamentary rules'.
No country is going to give up the option of unilateral action (diplomatic, military, economic, whatever) just to make other nations in the UN happy. Those other nations do not necessarily have the best interests of one's own nation in mind--and most likely don't. It's not "one world." It's a collection of many, all with their own interests and agendas, and always will be.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,734|5067|eXtreme to the maX
So why did the nations of the world create the UN?

I thought it was precisely to dampen selfish unilateralism.
#FreeBritney
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|5636|Canberra, AUS
To prevent WW3. More specifically to keep Europe calm.

Last edited by Spark (2011-05-26 08:42:02)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|5503|Texas - Bigger than France

Dilbert_X wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Politically a bad move for the POTUS as he gears up for re-election. This no matter if you disagree or not with his statement.
Depends, I think the average person is beginning to see through Israel's BS.
Fox News and AIPAC screaming may in fact help his voter base.
Nice try.

Jews are usually democrats.  78% voted for Obama last time, up 2% from the year before.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso … wvote.html
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|5372|'Murka

Spark wrote:

To prevent WW3. More specifically to keep Europe calm.
^This. Not to take away national sovereignty from member nations.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,734|5067|eXtreme to the maX

Pug wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Politically a bad move for the POTUS as he gears up for re-election. This no matter if you disagree or not with his statement.
Depends, I think the average person is beginning to see through Israel's BS.
Fox News and AIPAC screaming may in fact help his voter base.
Nice try.

Jews are usually democrats.  78% voted for Obama last time, up 2% from the year before.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso … wvote.html
Jews =/= Israelis.
There are many jews, and many Israelis who disagree with the policies of the more rabid Zionists.

If moderate jews are indeed a part of Obama's voter base then I'm right, that he's pushing Israel towards a balanced peace rather than letting a minority of maniacs take them to annihilation would work for them.

Or they can switch their vote to support continued unrest and provocation in the ME.
#FreeBritney
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|5503|Texas - Bigger than France

Dilbert_X wrote:

Pug wrote:

Nice try.

Jews are usually democrats.  78% voted for Obama last time, up 2% from the year before.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso … wvote.html
Jews =/= Israelis.
There are many jews, and many Israelis who disagree with the policies of the more rabid Zionists.

If moderate jews are indeed a part of Obama's voter base then I'm right, that he's pushing Israel towards a balanced peace rather than letting a minority of maniacs take them to annihilation would work for them.

Or they can switch their vote to support continued unrest and provocation in the ME.
LOL.

Spin spin spin
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,734|5067|eXtreme to the maX
LOL Texas
#FreeBritney
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|5562|132 and Bush

"Egypt permanently reopens its border with Gaza, opening access to Palestinians."


About time.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,760|5114|what

Kmar wrote:

"Egypt permanently reopens its border with Gaza, opening access to Palestinians."


About time.
Musharraf.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

"coz you a far cry from acclaim nigga ubisoft"
JahManRed
wank
+646|5589|IRELAND

Kmar wrote:

"Egypt permanently reopens its border with Gaza, opening access to Palestinians."


About time.
Indeed. Although they cant bring in or out goods. So Israel maintains its financial strangle hold. Men between 17-40 will find it had to get in and out also.
It's all so they cant smuggle in weapons. Which is rubbish, I have a friend (who's now our mayor) who was in a tunnel between Palestine and Egypt and they where driving cars down it.
Its not about weapons, its about keeping them down. Possibly the saddest thing I have seen is desperate Palestinians being herded over the boarder for cheep labour to build illegal settlements on their fellow country man's land.
Keep their economy in tatters and you have a unlimited supply of cheep labour on your doorstep. Working for Israelis as cheep labour is the only work the Palestinians can get to feed their families.
Unfortunately the hardcore Israelis who seam to be running things see themselves as gods chosen people and everyone else is here to serve them.

They have a superiority complex based on a fictitious book.

I do think the tide is turning. Jewish people around the world are growing more unhappy about what is being done in the name of their religion by what would be classed as the fundamentalists of the Jewish religion. Much the same way moderate Muslims do not agree with full Shari Law being imposed on a population.
bogo24dk
Member
+26|5467
This video in some ways tells it all :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … IEeiDjdUuU
eleven bravo
Member
+1,399|4220|foggy bottom

JahManRed wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

If he were serious, we would approach the UN.
This is a joke Right?


Resolution 106: condemns Israel for Gaza raid.
Resolution 111: condemns Israel for raid on Syria that killed fifty-six people.
Resolution 127: recommends Israel suspend its no-man's zone' in Jerusalem.
Resolution 162: urges Israel to comply with UN decisions.
Resolution 171: determines flagrant violations by Israel in its attack on Syria.
Resolution 228: censures Israel for its attack on Samu in the West Bank, then under Jordanian control.
Resolution 237: urges Israel to allow return of new 1967 Palestinian refugees.
Resolution 248: condemns Israel for its massive attack on Karameh in Jordan.
Resolution 250: calls on Israel to refrain from holding military parade in Jerusalem.
Resolution 251: deeply deplores Israeli military parade in Jerusalem in defiance of Resolution 250.
Resolution 252: declares invalid Israel's acts to unify Jerusalem as Jewish capital.
Resolution 256: condemns Israeli raids on Jordan as flagrant violation.
Resolution 259: deplores Israel's refusal to accept UN mission to probe occupation.
Resolution 262: condemns Israel for attack on Beirut airport.
Resolution 265: condemns Israel for air attacks for Salt in Jordan.
Resolution 267: censures Israel for administrative acts to change the status of Jerusalem.
Resolution 270: condemns Israel for air attacks on villages in southern Lebanon.
Resolution 271: condemns Israel's failure to obey UN resolutions on Jerusalem.
Resolution 279: demands withdrawal of Israeli forces from Lebanon.
Resolution 280: condemns Israeli's attacks against Lebanon.
Resolution 285: demands immediate Israeli withdrawal from Lebanon.
Resolution 298: deplores Israel's changing of the status of Jerusalem.
Resolution 313: demands that Israel stop attacks against Lebanon.
Resolution 316: condemns Israel for repeated attacks on Lebanon.
Resolution 317: deplores Israel's refusal to release.
Resolution 332: condemns Israel's repeated attacks against Lebanon.
Resolution 337: condemns Israel for violating Lebanon's sovereignty.
Resolution 347: condemns Israeli attacks on Lebanon.
Resolution 425: calls on Israel to withdraw its forces from Lebanon.
Resolution 427: calls on Israel to complete its withdrawal from Lebanon.
Resolution 444: deplores Israel's lack of cooperation with UN peacekeeping forces.
Resolution 446: determines that Israeli settlements are a serious obstruction to peace and calls on Israel to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention
Resolution 450: calls on Israel to stop attacking Lebanon.
Resolution 452: calls on Israel to cease building settlements in occupied territories.
Resolution 465: deplores Israel's settlements and asks all member states not to assist its settlements program.
Resolution 467: strongly deplores Israel's military intervention in Lebanon.
Resolution 468: calls on Israel to rescind illegal expulsions of two Palestinian mayors and a judge and to facilitate their return.
Resolution 469: strongly deplores Israel's failure to observe the council's order not to deport Palestinians.
Resolution 471: expresses deep concern at Israel's failure to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention.
Resolution 476: reiterates that Israel's claim to Jerusalem are null and void.
Resolution 478: censures (Israel) in the strongest terms for its claim to Jerusalem in its Basic Law.
Resolution 484: declares it imperative that Israel re-admit two deported Palestinian mayors.
Resolution 487: strongly condemns Israel for its attack on Iraq's nuclear facility.
Resolution 497: decides that Israel's annexation of Syria's Golan Heights
is null and void and demands that Israel rescinds its decision forthwith.
Resolution 498: calls on Israel to withdraw from Lebanon.
Resolution 501: calls on Israel to stop attacks against Lebanon and withdraw its troops.
Resolution 509: demands that Israel withdraw its forces forthwith and unconditionally from Lebanon.
Resolution 515: demands that Israel lift its siege of Beirut and allow food supplies to be brought in.
Resolution 517: censures Israel for failing to obey UN resolutions and demands that Israel withdraw its forces from Lebanon.
Resolution 518: demands that Israel cooperate fully with UN forces in Lebanon.
Resolution 520: condemns Israel's attack into West Beirut.
Resolution 573: condemns Israel vigorously for bombing Tunisia in attack on PLO headquarters.
Resolution 587: takes note of previous calls on Israel to withdraw its forces from Lebanon and urges all parties to withdraw.
Resolution 592: strongly deplores the killing of Palestinian students at Bir Zeit University by Israeli troops.
Resolution 605: strongly deplores Israel's policies and practices denying the human rights of Palestinians.
Resolution 607: calls on Israel not to deport Palestinians and strongly requests it to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention.
Resolution 608: deeply regrets that Israel has defied the United Nations and deported Palestinian civilians.
Resolution 636: deeply regrets Israeli deportation of Palestinian civilians.
Resolution 641: deplores Israel's continuing deportation of Palestinians.
Resolution 672: condemns Israel for violence against Palestinians at the Haram Al-Sharif/Temple Mount.
Resolution 673: deplores Israel's refusal to cooperate with the United Nations.
Resolution 681: deplores Israel's resumption of the deportation of Palestinians.
Resolution 694: deplores Israel's deportation of Palestinians and calls on it to ensure their safe and immediate return.
Resolution 726: strongly condemns Israel's deportation of Palestinians.
Resolution 799: strongly condemns Israel's deportation of 413 Palestinians and calls for their immediate return.

All broken UN Resolutions.
lol broken?  they are non binding. 



P.S. any shit hole nation could create a resolution in the UN.
Tu Stultus Es
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|5372|'Murka

SC resolutions are binding. GA resolutions are not.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
eleven bravo
Member
+1,399|4220|foggy bottom
thankyou for the lesson professor
https://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/222045_10150271537152678_597502677_9434327_5092992_n.jpg
Tu Stultus Es

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard