Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6739|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

Spamtheban wrote:

french are gay and from what i can gather canadians are a bunch of pricks

what the fuck are french canadians like?
Mostly good! But it really change depending on where in Québec you are...Montrèal is not the best place to be tbh.

@Winston. Its not that bad, it DOES sound harsher than France French, but once again, we are NOT speaking France French.

Ive always said that Quebec French is somewhat like American English. Harsher than their Europe counterpart. (Damn, Europe was some fine music back then!)

@Trotsky...What, get rid of the quatre-vingt.

How does 84 sound like then

Last edited by Roger Lesboules (2011-05-24 11:03:22)

Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6161|Vortex Ring State

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Spamtheban wrote:

Mostly good! But it really change depending on where in Québec you are...Montrèal is not the best place to be tbh.

@Winston. Its not that bad, it DOES sound harsher than France French, but once again, we are NOT speaking France French.

Ive always said that Quebec French is somewhat like American English. Harsher than their Europe counterpart. (Damn, Europe was some fine music back then!)

"The word huitante is sometimes used for eighty instead of quatre-vingts  (literally 'four twenties'), especially in the cantons of Vaud, Valais and Fribourg; the term octante  (from the Latin octaginta) is now considered defunct."

huitante-quatre

also

The use of the word septante  for seventy, huitante  for eighty (regional) and nonante  for ninety as opposed to soixante-dix  (literally 'sixty-ten'), quatre-vingt  (literally 'four twenties') and quatre-vingt-dix  (literally 'four twenties-ten') of the "vigesimal" French counting system.

Last edited by Trotskygrad (2011-05-24 11:05:36)

Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

Trotskygrad wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Spamtheban wrote:

"The word huitante is sometimes used for eighty instead of quatre-vingts  (literally 'four twenties'), especially in the cantons of Vaud, Valais and Fribourg; the term octante  (from the Latin octaginta) is now considered defunct."

huitante-quatre

also

The use of the word septante  for seventy, huitante  for eighty (regional) and nonante  for ninety as opposed to soixante-dix  (literally 'sixty-ten'), quatre-vingt  (literally 'four twenties') and quatre-vingt-dix  (literally 'four twenties-ten') of the "vigesimal" French counting system.
Fuck me sideway! That must sound wierd!

Last edited by Roger Lesboules (2011-05-24 11:10:30)

Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6161|Vortex Ring State

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

huitante-quatre

also

Fuck me that must sound wierd!
less confusing imo.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6900|Toronto | Canada

yeah im so used to quatre vingt that id be quite confused by that
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

Trotskygrad wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

huitante-quatre

also

Fuck me that must sound wierd!
less confusing imo.
Well, i supose you are more used to hearing that than the "Quatre-Vingt"...other way around you'd be going wtf too
gurdeep
­
+812|4917|proll­y
what is this i dont even
13rin
+977|6641

coolstorybro wrote:

what is this i dont even
welcome back....
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6662|so randum
oui aboot logging
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5399|Cleveland, Ohio

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

denver doesn't have hot chicks.
ok ken
just stating what i've observed.  Maybe im just spoiled where i live.  Maybe when you come out here I can show you around
wont be there long enough, sir.  sorry.
11 Bravo
Banned

Spamtheban wrote:

TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|6142|Toronto
I like Montreal. I lived there part of last summer.

Plenty of clubs, concerts, cafés...the ambiance is fantastic, better than any other North American city. It's perpetually alive, moving.

Speaking English is okay, you might get confused with some of the streets and landmarks, but you'll survive no problem.

Give me a shout when you're in, and I might meet you somewhere.

@Spamtheban: you only wish we were gay...
I like pie.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

TSI wrote:

Plenty of clubs, concerts, cafés...the ambiance is fantastic, better than any other North American city. It's perpetually alive, moving.
i would never go so far as to say that.  ive gone there plenty of times and the city is dead except for the typical nights out.  i could definitely never live there, id take toronto (or even vancouver) over it any day.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6941|Great Brown North
depending on the part of quebec you go to, there is a distinct possibility of being spit on if you speak english in public. it happens
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6659

Winston_Churchill wrote:

TSI wrote:

i would never go so far as to say that.  ive gone there plenty of times and the city is dead except for the typical nights out.  i could definitely never live there, id take toronto (or even vancouver) over it any day.
i've been to Victoria.

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4092/5010522944_732b326271_b.jpg

thank god they let me back into the States. the Victoria cops wanted to haul me in, because i told my wife "What? are you crazy?" in my hotel room when she said she wanted to take the train to Banff when we had plans to see Seattle.

fuckers near broke down our door, and so ended my Canadian experience.

fuck the po-lice.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6941|Great Brown North
lol BC police

they like to break down the wrong door when they're not busy beating suspects

(partial sarcasm)
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

burnzz wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

TSI wrote:

i've been to Victoria.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4092/501 … 6271_b.jpg

thank god they let me back into the States. the Victoria cops wanted to haul me in, because i told my wife "What? are you crazy?" in my hotel room when she said she wanted to take the train to Banff when we had plans to see Seattle.

fuckers near broke down our door, and so ended my Canadian experience.

fuck the po-lice.
does that mean if ive been to new jersey ive been to new york?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6659

no, but

fuck the po-lice. nothing good ever comes from their attention, and in this it's universal.

btw, jersey's a shithole. be like every goddam person from Alberta and come see Utah.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5421|foggy bottom
coming straight from the underground
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned
i like manitoba tbh
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

but its just... fields
11 Bravo
Banned

Winston_Churchill wrote:

but its just... fields
yes.  i like winnipeg.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

id rather see almost any of BC than the praries... though edmonton could be cool
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6878
montreal girls statistically put out the most compared to anywhere in the world.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6762|132 and Bush

Trotskygrad wrote:

swiss french > regular french > quebec french, imo
u high
regular french>your face
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard