Medium-Well9%9% - 8
Shoe leather4%4% - 4
Total: 81
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5235|Cleveland, Ohio

Superior Mind wrote:

Bollocks it is then.
look dude its like that old pizza hut commercial (or dominos not sure).  anyway they had some new dessert and went into some swank santa monica bakery or cafe full of yuppies and didnt tell them it from pizza hut.  they were loving it and breaking it down like it was fancy food.  had they seen the pizza hut box i bet the response would have been negative.

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2011-05-18 17:42:36)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691
Exactly. That isn't because of yuppie ideology. There are some unknown psychological factors at play. Obviously there is more to eating than the food itself.
11 Bravo
Banned
food snobs imo
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691
Broken record
11 Bravo
Banned
hmmm

well try sticking your fist up your ass and see if that fixes it
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6621|Little Bentcock
Your eyes do the eating
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6189|Roma
don't care as long as it has pineapple on it
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6554|Kent, UK
I like a vet on hand when I eat mine.

Searing hot pan, whack the steak in, flip it over, seal the sides and done. should have a half mm of cooked meat then raw in the middle.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691
I like burnt ends mmm
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6409|'Murka

Buckles wrote:

I like a vet on hand when I eat mine.

Searing hot pan, whack the steak in, flip it over, seal the sides and done. should have a half mm of cooked meat then raw in the middle.
Called "char rare" in these parts.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York
I had top sirloin at Ruby Tuesday on Friday, medium rare. Shit sucked.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5700|College Park, MD

Poseidon wrote:

Ruby Tuesday
there's your problem
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Well yeah, it was to be expected. Whole restaurant sucks. Fridays > Chilis > Ruby Tuesday in terms of chain restaurants.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
and even then that's not saying much. but I do like hitting up the TGI at Reagan National before a flight
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6409|'Murka

Never had a problem with Ruby Tuesday's. But then again, I would never order a steak there, either.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

Ruby Tuesday...you were expecting a great steak? You have to go to place that specializes in steak to get a good one.

If you are still in the NYC take a day and go to a place in Hoboken's called Arthurs. It's a steak place. They make excellent steak.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Poseidon wrote:

Well yeah, it was to be expected.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

FEOS wrote:

Never had a problem with Ruby Tuesday's. But then again, I would never order a steak there, either.
My brother ordered two draft Blue Moons and they were both flat, the salad bar was out of plates and pretty much empty and the cheddar biscuits sucked. Maybe it was just that day and I hadn't been to a regular RT's in a few years, but my image of them is pretty tarnished. I've been the RT's in Times Square but that's one of a kind, and was fantastic. Totally different, upscale dining experience. Went before I saw How To Succeed on Broadway.

Macbeth wrote:

Ruby Tuesday...you were expecting a great steak? You have to go to place that specializes in steak to get a good one.

If you are still in the NYC take a day and go to a place in Hoboken's called Arthurs. It's a steak place. They make excellent steak.
I'm back on Long Island. I'm not really travelled in steakhouses but if I'm ever out in Jersey for anything other than Six Flags I'll definitely look it up.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468

Superior Mind wrote:

@ 11: Tbh it's a really complicated question to answer. I suggest reading some Pierre Bourdieu for some insight. Read: habitus
lol... someone's parroting their class notes. textbook undergraduate bollocks.

bourdieu's theories only apply to cultural tastes, anyway... not fucking cuisine.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468

Superior Mind wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

@ 11: Tbh it's a really complicated question to answer. I suggest reading some Pierre Bourdieu for some insight. Read: habitus
no thank you
Best I can explain right now:

Authentic Mexican food is defined by the inherent histories within Mexicans and Mexico. Remove one ingredient (food, place, person, etc.) and something that we cannot quite put words to is lost.
horrific misreading and misunderstanding, too. total facepalm.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Macbeth wrote:

The Ruby Tuesday restaurants, like Applebees and Ram Borders are of inconsistent quality. Sometimes you luck out, and sometimes you get served a rubber mat.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691

Uzique wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

no thank you
Best I can explain right now:

Authentic Mexican food is defined by the inherent histories within Mexicans and Mexico. Remove one ingredient (food, place, person, etc.) and something that we cannot quite put words to is lost.
horrific misreading and misunderstanding, too. total facepalm.
I know his writings don't apply directly to cuisine, but I've been able to use habitus to explain aspects of food culture. And why shouldn't I be using what I learn in school? That's why I'm there. Instead of marking me as wrong, explain why. As far as I'm concerned all ethnographic theory is so convoluted that they are easy to fit into whatever argument you have.

Seriously, I was just trying to bring something to the table other than redneck vs. urbanite...

Last edited by Superior Mind (2011-05-21 20:27:42)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
trying too hard and that's not even what habitus means at all. i'm not in school for shitty sociology or anthropology so go ask your professor for the crib sheet, you clearly slept through that class.

Last edited by Uzique (2011-05-22 05:37:43)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691
Maybe you interpreted it some other way.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
no i'm pretty sure you just cited the concept of habitus completely misguidedly.

it's annoying when some freshman tries to refer to some cliche-thinker (pierre is like the nietzsche of hipfuck sociology) and still gets it wrong

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard