Magna-Mike
+5|6115
I thought this shit was all over? I started playing the other night, and I can join and play I almost did a whole round until I got that error message. Then I try to rejoin and it kicks me every time within seconds. I'll try joining other servers and same thing. Kick in seconds with that error message. I manually updated my PB also. Is there some thing I can change in game via command menu? Something about that PB check time thing? Should I try refreshing my IP and shit? I dunno help guys
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6523|AUS
Yes, you can change the time between PB checks but this won't necessarily fix the issue.

The error "connection to server lost" generally means your internet connection is actually dropping out in some way.
Need to check with your IP. Some IP's will allow you to choose the "style" of your connection.
Mine has a scale from "Download Stabilty" (which allows a very stable connection with no drop-outs but a slower download rate and response time) to "Gamer Setting" (which provides a much faster response time but has a slightly less stable connection).

If you just have a spotty connection but not completely dropping out you get the "losing key packets" error message.

I've had this issue in the past and resolved it by contacting my ISP and requesting a change to a more stable port in the telephone interchange.

PB time check alteration :
Load up a server and open the console,
Type in "pb_sleep 500"
Hit return
Type in "pb_writecfg"
Hit return.

This will increase the time between punkbuster checks from 20 seconds (default) to 500 seconds.
Don't think this will resolve your issue though, soz.

Last edited by (27th)Kaptyn (2011-05-20 19:27:55)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard