Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
and there's a compelling reason to maintain opposition to that, as well... one must resist complicity.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Competitive gaming has to be embraced by the general public as it is in South Korea.  If trash like Celebrity Apprentice can get top ratings, you'd think competitive gaming would catch on if heavily endorsed and promoted by top media/sports personalities.

If you can get athletes and actors to learn ballroom, why can't you promote a gaming version.  Hell, plenty of professional athletes already game.  Look at Madden.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

Ilocano wrote:

Competitive gaming has to be embraced by the general public as it is in South Korea.  If trash like Celebrity Apprentice can get top ratings, you'd think competitive gaming would catch on if heavily endorsed and promoted by top media/sports personalities.

If you can get athletes and actors to learn ballroom, why can't you promote a gaming version.  Hell, plenty of professional athletes already game.  Look at Madden.
needs to be more mainstream ..... look how long it took UFC/MMA to finally break through
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.

Uzique wrote:

Camm wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Go play console (so we don't have to read absolutely fucking retarded comments like your previous two)
Lol no.

CoD of late has become a game to dip into and play for a little while without the need to actually learn how to play it. That's why it's so popular, because it's easy to play. Not everyone wants to play a game that takes them months to get even slightly decent at. Not everyone is a hardcore gamer. Not everyone has the time to learn how to play a game so that they're good at it. And not everyone wants to spend all their time at a pc. There is a world beyond your desk btw.
that's a really shitty argument.

that's like justifying really awful books because "not everyone wants to spend the time to actually concentrate, digest and ponder over a book. there is a world beyond sitting inside with a book btw". if you allow that reasoning then every single thing we ever do will become instantly-gratifying and easy to grasp for everyone. what a stupid idea. no. people are stupid and people are shit at things. some people are real fucking retards and will never become good at something; others will, through their dilligence and hard work, achieve a better skill or understanding than others. why should that be sidestepped in game-design philosophy? let everyone grasp the game easily and one of the CORE concepts of games disappears: REWARD. we have historically played games for the sense of reward, be it a victory, an accomplishment, a puzzle-solved, or the outwitting and outperformance of a rival. take that out of the equation or simply lapse into rewarding everyone and you don't have much of a 'game'. well, nothing to celebrate, anyway.

it's so typical that a scot would attempt a defense of 'not trying', and to fail so hard in the process, too.
Oh shut up. You cant compare a book to a video game. You completely missed tje point of my argument.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
your argument didn't have a point. it was an analogy, not a comparison.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Well, because of "Cairo", we'll probably have attack dogs that we can control like the RCXD.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

Ilocano wrote:

Well, because of "Cairo", we'll probably have attack dogs that we can control like the RCXD.
suicide vests plz
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6256|eng
- Decent competitive maps
- Some nice generic weapons to use competitively
- Simple perks, simple killstreaks
- Mod tools
- Some degree of recoil

So CoD4 with new, competition ready maps.
#rekt
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America

Mint Sauce wrote:

- Mod tools
- Some degree of recoil

SOME cool graphics would be nice. Nothing extreme or tacky just some nice cool looks, but yeah Mint pretty much summed it up.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441

Mint Sauce wrote:

- Mod tools
- Some degree of recoil

cod4's generic weapons were one of its worst-points. the recoil was also basically nothing. perks and killstreaks added to the shittiness.

why would you want another cod4 when you could have another cod1/cod2?
Trotskygrad
бля

Uzique wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

- Mod tools
- Some degree of recoil

cod4's generic weapons were one of its worst-points. the recoil was also basically nothing. perks and killstreaks added to the shittiness.

he doesn't like being forced to adapt to the game (learn to use the classes given by developers), he wants the game to adapt to him (create-a-class).

Last edited by Trotskygrad (2011-05-20 07:11:22)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
CoD 1 and 2 weren't balanced for skill
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
cod1 and cod2 weren't balanced for morons.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
that's what I'm saying 8)
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
yeah, i know.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6410|Brisbane, Australia

Trotskygrad wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

- Mod tools
- Some degree of recoil

he doesn't like being forced to adapt to the game (learn to use the classes given by developers), he wants the game to adapt to him (create-a-class).
or be forced to adapt at all because it is so easy
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6256|eng

Trotskygrad wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

- Mod tools
- Some degree of recoil

Uzique, i'm fully aware of all that you pointed out, although the perks and killstreaks are a moot point as promod has neither. I never played cod1 or cod2 so I can't really compare/comment.

Trotskygrad, I'm not sure whether you're aware of this or not, but promod doesn't have create-a-class, it has set kits of Assault, SMG, Demolitions and Sniper, but nice try.
#rekt
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
promod basically tries to recreate cod1/cod2 league-match conditions. as a ruleset, it's alright at that purpose... but it can't modify the shitty gameplay, with its much-easier weapons/classes, lack of variation in general, and simpler 'two route to bomb spot' maps. if we're talking about what we want, ideally, then i see no reason to wand cod4, when all the competitive community tried to do was to create an easier and more accessible version of cod1/cod2.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6256|eng

Uzique wrote:

promod basically tries to recreate cod1/cod2 league-match conditions. as a ruleset, it's alright at that purpose... but it can't modify the shitty gameplay, with its much-easier weapons/classes, lack of variation in general, and simpler 'two route to bomb spot' maps. if we're talking about what we want, ideally, then i see no reason to wand cod4, when all the competitive community tried to do was to create an easier and more accessible version of cod1/cod2.
The community did the best they could with the game that was on offer, i'm aware of all those points and they are indeed negatives. The two route to bombsite one is not really correct as the game has developed quite alot in the last 2 years or so, people use different/new routes, the maps are used much better now and there are some custom maps in development that will hopefully make it into the map pool, stuff like hideout, dahman and smalltown. Again, I never played cod1 or cod2 on a competitive level, so I have limited knowledge of it, but considering the new cod is going to be a modern setting, it's not really going to be similar to cod1 or cod2 is it? So aim for the next best cod game, cod4. That's my rationale anyway.
#rekt
Trotskygrad
бля

Mint Sauce wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Uzique, i'm fully aware of all that you pointed out, although the perks and killstreaks are a moot point as promod has neither. I never played cod1 or cod2 so I can't really compare/comment.

Trotskygrad, I'm not sure whether you're aware of this or not, but promod doesn't have create-a-class, it has set kits of Assault, SMG, Demolitions and Sniper, but nice try.
not talking about promoooooood, talking about the BAAAAAASE GAAAAAAME (how many times do I have to say this)

I've played promod and yeah, it's balanced for S&D, totally. No LMGs, killstreaks, perks, etc. Yet in your post you mention perks...

Last edited by Trotskygrad (2011-05-23 06:51:32)

Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6256|eng

Trotskygrad wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

not talking about promoooooood, talking about the BAAAAAASE GAAAAAAME (how many times do I have to say this)

I've played promod and yeah, it's balanced for S&D, totally. No LMGs, killstreaks, perks, etc. Yet in your post you mention perks...
I haven't seen you say it once, so just chill. I don't play the base game, but less perks means a less complicated game. MW2 and Black Ops had a ludicrous amount of perks and class combinations. Simple is always better, then less changes have to be made to get a competitive mod out of the game.
#rekt
Trotskygrad
бля

Mint Sauce wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

I haven't seen you say it once, so just chill. I don't play the base game, but less perks means a less complicated game. MW2 and Black Ops had a ludicrous amount of perks and class combinations. Simple is always better, then less changes have to be made to get a competitive mod out of the game.
oh mb, was thinking of the discussion in another thread.

I thought you weren't talking about competitive gameplay as you mentioned killstreaks and perks, which are disabled in promod (as we all know).

hence why I posted that.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA
Promod is gay, Why can't people play the game the way it was meant to be played.

Shouldn't a real pro be able to do good no matter what the game throws at them?

Last edited by UnkleRukus (2011-05-23 07:07:42)

If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Trotskygrad
бля

UnkleRukus wrote:

Promod is gay, Why can't people play the game the way it was meant to be played.

Shouldn't a real pro be able to do good no matter what the game throws at them?
I think promod just eliminated the random aspects of the game so it was more reliant on skill rather than luck
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA
What random aspects.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard