Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6479
FF Team-Killingcall it what it is is what killed BF2 for me.

Last edited by Doctor Strangelove (2011-05-19 14:18:59)

Spamtheban
Undsiputed BF2s FIFA champion of all time
+132|4852|Stoke
j10s that are over powered for wake rape
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5047|Massachusetts, USA

Spamtheban wrote:

j10s that are over powered for wake rape
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

What would YOU like to see in Battlefield 3?
I've done this before, but the list was exhaustive. So, leaving out what I'd like to see the classes be and without looking to see what's already in or not:

* Map editing toolset/mod SDK (released with or sometime after the game itself)
* No types of nerfing like the one that killed the blackhawk but left the overpowered MEC chopper untouched.
* Prone. I'm sure that's already in.
* Hit detection for knives. No one-shotting a guy in the foot with a blade.
* Hit detection for vehicles and damage type. Yes, I know it's not a simulator, but being able to knock out a chopper's rotors, destroy a tank's main gun barrel or blow a truck's tires, with whatever penalties against the damaged vehicle's driver applying would add both more depth and eye candy to the game itself.
* Battlefield Vietnam style vehicle radio, but just not as loud; also mutable for other players
* Small vessels at the very least, if the larger ones on maps like Wake aren't movable.
* Underwater kit, letting you submerge in maps that allow it.
* Magazine-oriented reload, not reload by ammo count.
* NO infinite ammunition for any vehicle outside a resupply zone (however resupply will work).
* Force aircraft to land to rearm bombs and repair. Fly-by bullets rearming is fine with me.
* Battlefield 2-style rewards ("realism" over console boxiness; being able to see the ribbons straight-on is nice)
* Bad Company 2's destructible cover. I appreciated the fine balance between 100% destructibility and playability.
* PC: Dedicated servers with at least 64 players max, if not 80 or more, and a working server browser with working filters, working favorites and some way to find which game your friend's in through either Steam or a search-by-player feature in the game itself. GFWL, Gamespy and the rest can kiss my ass.
* No key left unmappable. This is what made Arma unplayable for me.
* Underground areas such as those BFV had.
* Commander, squad leaders and squad mates. I'm not budging from this, and no amount of pestering can convince me that commanders are a useless and unfun role. Source: experience.
* Ability for squad leaders to send messages to other squad leaders (with a proper notification icon to avoid confusion), and to mute spammy ones in turn.
* Filter-by-pitch/volume option for voice reception to silence little kids and guys with mics turned all the way up to 11.
* ANY structure enterable. I know this will increase camping, but destructible buildings or heat vision will hopefully reduce it.
* Server toggle for automated air defenses around uncappable airfields, as long as the airfield itself is relatively out of the way. Arbitrary engagement distance to keep people from skirting memorized borders while still spawn-camping.

===

Player controlled artillery:

Type 1: BF2-style fixed artillery - Functionality -
1) Commander fires shells from 'fixed' artillery in a loose pattern, a 'creeping barrage,' or once-per-gun in a tight pattern using spotter designation as described in 'type 2 functionality.'

Type 2: Player mortars - Functionality -
1) Player in squad A spots a target. Both:
a) Other players in squad A with mortars are able to fire on it through the eyes of the spotter (BF1942/BFV), in the process revealing themselves on the map to the other team until they pack up and move.
b) Commander sees the spot and can authorize all other mortar users on the map to fire, or can even fire fixed artillery on it.

So before this gets just as exhausting as my last post, I'll stop here.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6703
I would like to see kit variety like there was in BF:V. Map specific kits especially; for example, on a large, open wilderness map the sniper kit will have a long range weapon like a .50 or .380. An urban map's sniper may only get a DMR like the SVD or M14.

Another example could be different AT kits depending on the vehicles in the map. Variability would range from RPG to Javelin type weapons.

In BF:V the two different types of kit for each class worked nicely-- add unlocks to that system and it's perfect. There should be 7 kits like in BF2, with two or more options each, so a total of 14 base load-outs.

Even the choice between M16 and M4 would be nice.

Two base types of engineers: sapper and mechanic
Two base types of medic: regular med kit status dude with an AR but no res pad; guy with light weapon and a faster sprint with the ability to revive.
etc.

_____

Map types:

High mountains with massive distances, like Tobruk but better. Imagine having to be lifted in by Chinook to assault a mountain base. A similar feel to Port Bavaria would be nice.

Alpine forest like the Caucuses maps from PR.

Rolling desert dunes in the Sahara or Mongolia.

Flooded rainforest.

European farmland with villages. Something like Foy from Forgotten Hope.

Antarctic desert?

Tropical coast and a temperate coast.

Nighttime sea battle. With a full moon and no clouds.

Moving sun.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2011-05-19 18:56:08)

.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6820|Marathon, Florida Keys

11 Bravo wrote:

infantry carried stinger missiles
dumbfire
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5247|Cleveland, Ohio

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

dumbfire
come again
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6010|Vortex Ring State

Superior Mind wrote:

I would like to see kit variety like there was in BF:V. Map specific kits especially; for example, on a large, open wilderness map the sniper kit will have a long range weapon like a .50 or .380. An urban map's sniper may only get a DMR like the SVD or M14.

Another example could be different AT kits depending on the vehicles in the map. Variability would range from RPG to Javelin type weapons.

In BF:V the two different types of kit for each class worked nicely-- add unlocks to that system and it's perfect. There should be 7 kits like in BF2, with two or more options each, so a total of 14 base load-outs.

Even the choice between M16 and M4 would be nice.

Two base types of engineers: sapper and mechanic
Two base types of medic: regular med kit status dude with an AR but no res pad; guy with light weapon and a faster sprint with the ability to revive.
etc.

_____

Map types:

High mountains with massive distances, like Tobruk but better. Imagine having to be lifted in by Chinook to assault a mountain base. A similar feel to Port Bavaria would be nice.

Alpine forest like the Caucuses maps from PR.

Rolling desert dunes in the Sahara or Mongolia.

Flooded rainforest.

European farmland with villages. Something like Foy from Forgotten Hope.

Antarctic desert?

Tropical coast and a temperate coast.

Nighttime sea battle. With a full moon and no clouds.

Moving sun.
support yes... although I don't really like map specific weapons... unless we're trying to map some sort of historical accuracy/timeline here.

11 Bravo wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

dumbfire
come again
AA missle thats not lock on, fires like a RPG and goes really fast w/ no drop. Ever play desert combat?
CC-Marley
+407|6839

11 Bravo wrote:

dumbfire
come again
AA missle thats not lock on, fires like a RPG and goes really fast w/ no drop. Ever play desert combat?
Classic dogfighting
11 Bravo
Banned

11 Bravo wrote:

dumbfire
come again
only if you have to land to rearm and repair.  otherwise no.  no dumbfire.
i mean for an infantry weapon
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6703
That was way too over powered.

Lock on AA is avoidable at least because of the alarm.
Trotskygrad
бля
fuck noooooooooooooo

that seems so OP... flying along... BOOM, no warning at all

Superior Mind wrote:

it doesn't have to be that powerful/fly at that speed. Im just trying to get the idea across. Make people have to lead their target/get good with a weapon instead of autolock autoaim pussy bullshit.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6703
It would be cool if a squad leader could access the cameras of UAVs flying above the battle.
11 Bravo
Banned

i mean for an infantry weapon
yes i know. unless jets will be forced to land to rearm and repair.....then give us our zomg pussy auto aim weapons.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5596

Something just feels wrong about a fighter jet coming in and machine gunning infantry. It would be cool if there was some way to make jets relevant to the battle without being used as anti jeep and infantry weapons.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6703
I felt like Daqing Oilfields had a nice mix of vehicles that all balanced each other out. Jets should be on big maps with few exposed places for strafing. Put the focus on bombing.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6297|eng
I'm quitting CoD4 to play BF3, so I'm hoping that it's going to be a decent competitive game. All I really ask for is updated BF2 with better hit detection, a few more urban maps and maybe some sort of modding capability? If the game isn't competition ready then a competitive mod would need to be made for the game to work (for me), although there is no doubt that I would play it anyway. Even BC2 had a competitive scene for a short while, i'm fairly certain it still does have a small one.

I'm going to have to upgrade pretty much every element of my PC to run it properly, it would run it now but it's really on it's arse so i'm certain it would just die if I install BF3
#rekt
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6633|Little Bentcock
There wont be any mod capability
Trotskygrad
бля

Superior Mind wrote:

it doesn't have to be that powerful/fly at that speed. Im just trying to get the idea across. Make people have to lead their target/get good with a weapon instead of autolock autoaim pussy bullshit.
you're saying we should sacrifice realism to force noobs to get more skill? usually it's the other way around, sacrificing realism for people with less skill with shit like auto-aim.

Trotskygrad wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

you're saying we should sacrifice realism to force noobs to get more skill? usually it's the other way around, sacrificing realism for people with less skill with shit like auto-aim.
battlefield isn't realistic to begin with.

And if i had my way there would be no AA missles. AA would consist of machine guns both for ground emplacements and jet vs jet. I hated getting so good at planes and then getting shot down by some fuckin noob corporal in a spinning chair with missiles on the arm rests.
Trotskygrad
бля

Trotskygrad wrote:

battlefield isn't realistic to begin with.

And if i had my way there would be no AA missles. AA would consist of machine guns both for ground emplacements and jet vs jet. I hated getting so good at planes and then getting shot down by some fuckin noob corporal in a spinning chair with missiles on the arm rests.
it's supposed to be pseudorealistic, shush

iirc dumbfire missiles were used in DC because the mod devs thought it would be too hard to code a proper AA missile with lock on.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard