Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6473
what does that have to do with anything? LSD is the only chemical in micrograms because of its insane potency. but that doesn't matter at all. the effect is the problem, not the medicinal dosage. how entirely arbitrary.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5704|College Park, MD
Ever seen a petite 5'2" woman drink? They don't have to "down quite a bit."
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6473

Shocking wrote:

I mean to the point of it having an actual effect, you need to down quite a bit of booze until you're drunk. LSD for example is dosed in micrograms, world of difference.
this is literally one of the most shockingly stupid arguments i have ever seen against drugs.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6002|...

Uzique wrote:

and please explain the "world of difference" between weed and psychedelics. the psychedelics (e.g. mushrooms, acid) are, hands down, the safest thing you can consume medically. they are so low on the pharmacological toxicity chart that a glass of coca cola would do more harm. how are they terrible? it's not the 1960's. people aren't taking acid 6 times a day and flipping out and going insane. these are completely harmless drugs that are stigmatized by societal stiffs like you because they're 'dangerous' and represent something unknown and wild. that is all. you sound like a high-school teacher.
I was thinking about people taking them unsupervised, not about the addictive effect.
inane little opines
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6473
you have to consume a lot of drink because the active chemical (ethanol) is in such small dilute qualities. if i snort 5 grams of cocaine that has been cut by a dodgy dealer so that the actual cocaine content is 0.5% - does that make it okay? it's less potent, then, and therefore less of a menace! measurements have nothing to do with drug's danger whatsoever.
BALTINS
ಠ_ಠ
+37|6489|Latvia

Shocking wrote:

I mean to the point of it having an actual effect, you need to down quite a bit of booze until you're drunk. LSD for example is dosed in micrograms, world of difference.
Overdosing on LSD is like overdosing on water.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6473

Shocking wrote:

Uzique wrote:

and please explain the "world of difference" between weed and psychedelics. the psychedelics (e.g. mushrooms, acid) are, hands down, the safest thing you can consume medically. they are so low on the pharmacological toxicity chart that a glass of coca cola would do more harm. how are they terrible? it's not the 1960's. people aren't taking acid 6 times a day and flipping out and going insane. these are completely harmless drugs that are stigmatized by societal stiffs like you because they're 'dangerous' and represent something unknown and wild. that is all. you sound like a high-school teacher.
I was thinking about people taking them unsupervised, not about the addictive effect.
you can drink yourself into a stupor and fall and die (many people have), or drown, or walk into traffic. should you always have a guardian for drinking?
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6413|'Murka

The problem with the "war on drugs" is that it hasn't been fought as a war, and thus has been completely ineffective. If it had been fought as a true war, the cartels would've been taken out, the dealers would've been taken out, distribution networks would've been taken out, and demand would've been addressed. None of those things happened. We just printed up a few "Just say no" signs and performed some interdiction that amounted to fuckall in the grand scheme of things.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6473
the problem with the "war on drugs" is that you're trying to prohibit something that is as old as civilization itself; the only thing that changed is the predominant social mores and moral standards towards drugs, moving from acceptance (and even reverence) to christian sin and transgression. the impulse to take drugs and the tendency for certain sorts of personalities to enjoy "ectasy of the mind" (to quote kerouac) has always been there: from medicine men and shamans in tribal times through to your college stoner nowadays (i am not trying to glorify the latter with the spiritual mysticism of the former, however). you're trying to ban the unbannable. illegalising something will not remove the demand or the patterns of consumption, it just shifts controls to criminals and the underworld that has no concern other than generating immense amounts of money to further other criminal (gang/cartel) activity. the war on drugs is a waste of time and resources. shooting dealers doesn't exactly give the state a good face for it, either.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6002|...

Uzique wrote:

you can drink yourself into a stupor and fall and die (many people have), or drown, or walk into traffic. should you always have a guardian for drinking?

Uzique wrote:

you have to consume a lot of drink because the active chemical (ethanol) is in such small dilute qualities. if i snort 5 grams of cocaine that has been cut by a dodgy dealer so that the actual cocaine content is 0.5% - does that make it okay? it's less potent, then, and therefore less of a menace! measurements have nothing to do with drug's danger whatsoever.
I don't think you can honestly compare the potency and use of these to booze. People don't do hard drugs in moderation, it's purely for the effect it has.

Drinking is more for taste and social occasion, in moderation it's completely harmless and people will still drink it.

You think people would do cocaine if after snorting 5 grams you feel fuck all?
inane little opines
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

FEOS wrote:

The problem with the "war on drugs" is that it hasn't been fought as a war, and thus has been completely ineffective. If it had been fought as a true war, the cartels would've been taken out, the dealers would've been taken out, distribution networks would've been taken out, and demand would've been addressed. None of those things happened. We just printed up a few "Just say no" signs and performed some interdiction that amounted to fuckall in the grand scheme of things.
You take out one cartel, two others pop up. It'd be never-ending.

I think The Wire put it best... "this isn't a war, wars end."
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4845|Amsterdam
I've always found the term 'hard' and 'soft' with drugs to be a legal thing. Especially here.
Soft drugs are legal, hard drugs are not.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6473
people do hard drugs for exactly the same reason people do soft drugs: to experience a different state of mind. that's it. it's as simple as that. there is no looming 'negative' or dark side to hard drugs (for the most part, in recreational use). addiction is another thing but then again alcohol addiction destroys many many more lives so it's not a 'win' for soft drugs on that part. people that take MDMA on the weekends have great fun and are functional people. they're no further over a medical or psychological edge than the guy that went and had a few drinks and a tipsy dance at the club on the weekend. you're demonising hard drugs with your own misinformed and inexperienced prejudices, really. more people take hard drugs on a regular basis than you know, i expect; not nearly as many of them are fuck-ups.

Last edited by Uzique (2011-05-18 06:11:04)

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6002|...
I've had more than enough contact with drugs (mainly addicts) tyvm, I was trying to draw a line inbetween the 'good' and the 'bad'. Not all the drugs have the same effect, ecstasy just makes people happy and social, that's all there is to it.

Then there's the drugs that are severely addictive with nasty side-effects and those that have very strong effects such as LSD. Not so safe.
inane little opines
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Kampframmer wrote:

I've always found the term 'hard' and 'soft' with drugs to be a legal thing. Especially here.
I think it's more about the effects. You can't overdose on weed. You can certainly overdose on meth, and long-term use of meth is far more destructive than long-term use of weed.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England

Shocking wrote:

That's a ridiculous statement. The amount of booze required to get drunk is different so it's better? Lol.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6002|...

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Meh, I doubt the drug cartels or trade would survive if people really tried to eliminate both. And once business gets too risky people will stop trying altogether.
inane little opines
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4845|Amsterdam

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

I think it's more about the effects. You can't overdose on weed. You can certainly overdose on meth, and long-term use of meth is far more destructive than long-term use of weed.
So...? Ive seen people vomit their guts out and go apeshit on weed and then theres certain events where 99% of the attending people take xtc and all of them go home happily afterwards.
Sure. Certain drugs are more dangerous than others. But there are drugs in the 'hard' category that just arent in the same class, so to speak, as certain other hard drugs.
There should be a better and clearer classification system for narcotics than just 2 categories. There are just too many different drugs in the world these to just put weed under soft and the rest under hard.

Last edited by Kampframmer (2011-05-18 06:19:39)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6473

Shocking wrote:

I've had more than enough contact with drugs (mainly addicts) tyvm, I was trying to draw a line inbetween the 'good' and the 'bad'. Not all the drugs have the same effect, ecstasy just makes people happy and social, that's all there is to it.

Then there's the drugs that are severely addictive with nasty side-effects and those that have very strong effects such as LSD. Not so safe.
LSD is completely 100% safe. there is nothing at all to evidence LSD having a single negative effect. please find me some literature on the subject to support your claims. where is LSD on this chart, exactly?

https://aurarianews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/chart_DrugToxicity.jpg

"psychedelics. not so safe".

Last edited by Uzique (2011-05-18 06:19:41)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

FEOS wrote:

It could never have been won regardless of how it was fought. Did prohibition stop alcohol consumption? No. We had ships anchored offshore in international waters supplying it to us. We had people walking it across the border from Canada. To say that we just didn't try hard enough is like saying Vietnam could've been won if we had just depopulated North Vietnam.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Shocking wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Meh, I doubt the drug cartels or trade would survive if people really tried to eliminate both. And once business gets too risky people will stop trying altogether.
So we should spend how much to stop a bunch of plants and chemicals? We've spent trillions in Iraq and Afghanistan and homies are still blowing themselves up.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6473
oh wait so alcohol is more dangerous and fatal than all the 'hard drugs' in that toxicology study? guess that makes your "you have to consume way more" argument total bullshit, too.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6002|...

Uzique wrote:

Shocking wrote:

LSD is completely 100% safe. there is nothing at all to evidence LSD having a single negative effect. please find me some literature on the subject to support your claims. where is LSD on this chart, exactly?
I said strong effects. We've already got drunk drivers lets not add hallucinating ones
inane little opines
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Shocking wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Shocking wrote:

I said strong effects. We've already got drunk drivers lets not add hallucinating ones
You already do. You think your ban on drugs has had any impact? No.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6473

Shocking wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Shocking wrote:

the thing is people on LSD don't want to drive; people drunk are stupid enough to. you're assuming the effects make people want to behave as drunk people do, only with additional impairments (i.e. like a moron). you don't want to and it's pretty silly to imply or suggest any link.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard