Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Stimey wrote:

You're all wrong Modern Warfare 3 is going to outsell BF3 2:1, despite being the worse game.
I completely agree.  I've tried converting my son's friends to BC2, but I've only been successful with one who isn't particularly good at any FPS.  For the rest, you'll have to pry the game off their cold dead hands.  They won't give up their 360 quick scopes, duallies, and kill streaks.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

Ilocano wrote:

Stimey wrote:

You're all wrong Modern Warfare 3 is going to outsell BF3 2:1, despite being the worse game.
I completely agree.  I've tried converting my son's friends to BC2, but I've only been successful with one who isn't particularly good at any FPS.  For the rest, you'll have to pry the game off their cold dead hands.  They won't give up their 360 quick scopes, duallies, and kill streaks.
hahahahhaaa

so true...

it's conditioned them to not like anything different.
Stimey
­
+786|6090|Ontario | Canada
That being said I don't like the direction they've been going with the battlefield series.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Trotskygrad
бля

Stimey wrote:

That being said I don't like the direction they've been going with the battlefield series.
yeah... they're trying to appeal to a fanbase that they're not going to get... eg. mod warfare players.
Stimey
­
+786|6090|Ontario | Canada
Battlefield 2 was perfect.
All they need to do is give it a graphics update and add in their super neato building damage.
Also fix the hitboxes.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Perfect for jets...
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam
Now dont get me wrong, I agrre with most of hatin CoD gets, but i'm still going to buy it (unless its going to turn out to be extremely shitty) for xbox, because lets face it. When you buy it on your console it a very fun game to play.
Its fast paced, easy to pick and play with friends, has a ridiciolous hollywood action movie sp (with a shitty story) and it has a mp thats, despite the many problems, very addictive.
Sure, I get pissed on how this game has set the gaming industry back (and the FPS genre) and how they keep releasing the same shit but with some extra new chunky bits in it, but i still play it.
Why? because its still a good console fps.

As for pc: Its complete shit. Would never buy it if it was a PC game.
Trotskygrad
бля
basically attests to how shitty consoles are as a whole
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam
i wouldtn say that consoles are shitty, but they have slowed the gaming progress down a lot when you compare it to how progress used to be before consoles were the developers main focus.
But the rblem doesnt lie with the consoles, but with the current generation of 'gamers'. Consoles made (high quality) games available to a bigger audience tahn just the hardcore gamers taht were willing to spends 1000+ on a gaming pc.
These days almost everyone plays games. This inclused a lot of people i wouldnt call gamers. But they do play games like CoD or sports games.
Consoles gave them the means to play the same games pc gamers only played. But it did cause the developers to switch from PC to consoles because tehy can reach more people.
And because consoles develop a lot slower than PCs (you cant bring a new one out each year) so did the development of games.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam
Thats also why CoD is popular.
Easy to play, doesnt take 100+ hours to get good at, no need to buy a new pc (or parts) every time a new one comes out and you can just pop in you console and play with your friends.
Trotskygrad
бля
well if it's easy to pick up and play... it must not be that good, no?
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam
Never said it was a good game.
Its fun, but its far from good.
Trotskygrad
бля

Kampframmer wrote:

well I think cod gets boring after a while because it simply lacks the ability to pull of things that require a lot of skill... when you killstreak it feels that you got lucky(ish), and it's easy to pull a 1:1 K/D just spraying randomly from the hip and following movement patterns like a bot.

I don't get how that's "fun" to people
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam

Trotskygrad wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

well I think cod gets boring after a while because it simply lacks the ability to pull of things that require a lot of skill... when you killstreak it feels that you got lucky(ish), and it's easy to pull a 1:1 K/D just spraying randomly from the hip and following movement patterns like a bot.

True.
Once you get good at knowing the map(this doesnt require 100+ hours, more like 10) and where the people generally go you can jus run through the map spraying and kniving.
Youre very right about the killstreaks. It doesnt feel like ive accomplished anything when i get them, more like i just managed to do the right thing at the right time.
But for consoles, its still one of the better MP FPSs you can get. (Im talking about MW1 and 2).
On PC? Not so much....
ghostinvisiblex7
Mr Southbeach.
+9|4716|USA.. duhhh
thats the problem of MW, too easy to access, no skill needed, just run around with your gay mp and knives..
Trotskygrad
бля

Kampframmer wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

True.
Once you get good at knowing the map(this doesnt require 100+ hours, more like 10) and where the people generally go you can jus run through the map spraying and kniving.
Youre very right about the killstreaks. It doesnt feel like ive accomplished anything when i get them, more like i just managed to do the right thing at the right time.
But for consoles, its still one of the better MP FPSs you can get. (Im talking about MW1 and 2).
On PC? Not so much....
yeah and the nade spam gets really old after all the 12 year olds have perfected the trajectories required to pop M203s and frags right into your spawn. In fact, the entire CoD spawning system is screwed up. (captain obvious ikr)

Thing is it discourages coordinated pushes. If I see a coordinated push by my team that's going well, I think "oh shit", as an enemy's going to spawn within 10 feet and shoot me in the back, any second.

Not very fun

Then again, console FPS really is fail.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA

Trotskygrad wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

True.
On PC? Not so much....
yeah and the nade spam gets really old after all the 12 year olds have perfected the trajectories required to pop M203s and frags right into your spawn. In fact, the entire CoD spawning system is screwed up. (captain obvious ikr)

Thing is it discourages coordinated pushes. If I see a coordinated push by my team that's going well, I think "oh shit", as an enemy's going to spawn within 10 feet and shoot me in the back, any second.

Not very fun

You couldn't nade the other spawn in blops at the beginning of a round, they disabled GLs for the first 10 seconds of the round.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Trotskygrad
бля

UnkleRukus wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

True.
On PC? Not so much....

Not very fun

You couldn't nade the other spawn in blops at the beginning of a round, they disabled GLs for the first 10 seconds of the round.
well we were talking about MW1/2 iirc

blops is the same shit, but still, nades will be present in one of the 3 routes used to move through the map, most likely.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA

Trotskygrad wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Not very fun

blops is the same shit, but still, nades will be present in one of the 3 routes used to move through the map, most likely.
Every multiplayer FPS has an annoying opening gambit, it isn't limited to CoD.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Trotskygrad
бля

UnkleRukus wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Every multiplayer FPS has an annoying opening gambit, it isn't limited to CoD.
True but CoD continues to require little or no skill throughout the round as the randomized spawn system, no recoil, large hitboxes and regen eliminate almost any measure of skill required to get kills.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
randomized spawn system? why would you play anything other than s&d if you're into a game 'seriously' and want 'serious' critique? and the opening gambit of cod1/cod2 was one of the best things: knowing the trick-nade spots, the timings and getting the early advantage. it's not all bad.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Trotskygrad
бля

Uzique wrote:

randomized spawn system? why would you play anything other than s&d if you're into a game 'seriously' and want 'serious' critique? and the opening gambit of cod1/cod2 was one of the best things: knowing the trick-nade spots, the timings and getting the early advantage. it's not all bad.
we were talking about why it had appeal in the main modes that are played online... TDM

imo the grind that is TDM is not fun at all, I'm asking him why he thinks others may find it fun.

you probably think they find it fun because the masses are stupid,

Last edited by Trotskygrad (2011-05-17 11:01:11)

Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam

Uzique wrote:

S&D was one of the few things that were still very enjoyable and actually took some tactical skill (if you played with friends) in the MW games.
I find being skilled with grenades to be good, but were talking about 12-year-olds that look the exact trajectory up on youtube to toss a nade straight in the spawn. Thats not skill if you ask me. Thats just finding out ways to ruin the game/fun for others
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6779|Marathon, Florida Keys

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

I can't wait to see more tactical cowboy guns.

Hopefully we'll get a 45.70 trapdoor gun that we can attach an under-slung grenade launcher to.

Or a Single-Action Army with an Ay-See-Oh-Gee scope on it
I want a tactical punt gun
https://www.thelegendbegins.com/punt_standing.jpg
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

I can't wait to see more tactical cowboy guns.

Hopefully we'll get a 45.70 trapdoor gun that we can attach an under-slung grenade launcher to.

Or a Single-Action Army with an Ay-See-Oh-Gee scope on it
I want a tactical punt gun
http://www.thelegendbegins.com/punt_standing.jpg
Dude, maybe you could like, but a red-dot-sight on that shit!

Or maybe, a tactical knife!

Or full metal jacket ammo. Even though FMJ is the standard ammo that is almost always the only ammo being used if it is in the realm of military/police weapons so why it is an attachment is beyond me but put that shit in anyway.

Also dual wielding with the shiva perk.

Shiva pro lets you throw two grenades at once.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard