not really.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5476|Bolingbrook, Illinois
so how do i make decisions during pvp?
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6615|Little Bentcock
experience, you certainly won't have time to say "wait up a sec stop shooting I need to look up your ship on the internet"
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5476|Bolingbrook, Illinois
oh i know.  ill obviously have to know the different ships and their strengths and weaknesses, but what about specifics?  like are they more suited toward close range or long range?  or will those specifics not matter?

also how should i fit my ship if i dont know what ill be fighting?  should i just go for the balanced approach that will let me battle the most amount of enemies?
Adams_BJ

HaiBai wrote:

oh i know.  ill obviously have to know the different ships and their strengths and weaknesses, but what about specifics?  like are they more suited toward close range or long range?  or will those specifics not matter?

also how should i fit my ship if i dont know what ill be fighting?  should i just go for the balanced approach that will let me battle the most amount of enemies?
fit to your strengths, not theirs.

Use ship class as a general rule of thumb for their range, as well as ship race.

Ie Caldari is likely to have missiles, gallente blasters and drones, amarr lazzars and minmitar a rusty car body pushed out the cargo hold.

fight to your strengths and adjust accordingly, if you have time and aren't sure what they are flying, bring up the info tab, or zoom in on your target to view their turrets.

Eve is predictable while being unpredictable, that's why it's fun.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6729

Blade4509 wrote:

Faction MWD on a BS is really pointless. Sig radius doesn't matter and the little bit of extra cap saved isn't worth the cost as you're firing projectile weapons. Also since you're using a deadspace shield booster it uses less cap than a T2 or faction. Obviously if cost doesn't matter to you then w/e but I'm just sayin' you don't really need that. Other than that it's a pretty sick fit.
If you are going to fly a 900m isk ship, you might as well fit it properly. X-Type 100mn is preferred in our fleets as it has better stats (The compare button under Variations is your friend) and it looks fancy on your own Killmail. Question is - is it for PvE or PvP. Where do you plan on flying it (Hi-/Lo- or Null-sec)? In case of PvE, why not go for a Marauder or Faction Navy BS (Cheaper, same effect). The reason we field Mach's is that they are excellent for bumping red supers out of pos's.

HaiBai wrote:

You should not adjust your pvp style to another player, you would be fighting on his/her terms which is a losing situation. You need to force the other player to fight on your terms. Using your scanner allows you to see the most basic of information - but it still can't tell you if you are up against an close-range HAC or snipe HAC.

Adams_BJ wrote:

fit to your strengths, not theirs.

Use ship class as a general rule of thumb for their range, as well as ship race.

Ie Caldari is likely to have missiles, gallente blasters and drones, amarr lazzars and minmitar a rusty car body pushed out the cargo hold.

fight to your strengths and adjust accordingly, if you have time and aren't sure what they are flying, bring up the info tab, or zoom in on your target to view their turrets.

Eve is predictable while being unpredictable, that's why it's fun.
This is so wrong, on so many subject - that I won't even sum up the #fails.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
bernie is a pl warrior he knows these things you see
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
@ mackerel discussion you use a decent deadspace MWD to avoid the massive cap penelty t2/meta4< gives you.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
also practice the kitey burney rapey concept in like a shield pest before you buy a mach. lose a bundle of those
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
npc corp chat makes my brain hurt

[10:14:58] Amiliah Hale > ..can't quite decide what to arm up the Thorax with. I'll definitely go rails, but not sure if I want to be using Mediums for L1 missions, right. now.. I'd be missing the frigs left and right.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Adams_BJ
Hey bernie no u

i said what you saod but different

ps ted has a nice arse making me right and you wrong

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2011-05-16 03:43:05)

IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6713|Ireland | Monaghan

FatherTed wrote:

Empty quoting.
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Bernadictus
+1,055|6729

FatherTed wrote:

also practice the kitey burney rapey concept in like a shield pest before you buy a mach. lose a bundle of those
Or get on the test server. Where Mach's costs 100 isk
Bernadictus
+1,055|6729

Bernadictus wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

U mad? There are still nice systems for rent In Geminate and Vale - contact me Teddles <3.

Adams_BJ wrote:

Hey ted, nice arse.
Cockscockscocks.
Adams_BJ

Bernadictus wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

U mad? There are still nice systems for rent In Geminate and Vale - contact me Teddles <3.

Adams_BJ wrote:

Hey ted, nice arse.
Cockscockscocks.
You can join bernie im very flexible ask ted and bugz
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
SO MAD

ps buy my abaddon

Last edited by FatherTed (2011-05-16 07:23:04)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

seems mad to me
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

I'm selling a Tengu if anyone interested.... oh Bern, maybe you will....

https://www.pandemic-legion.com/killboa … tem=KLY-C0

Since you died to Goonswarm and all along with several other Tengus... lawl.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
im actually selling an abbadon though. and a random buzzard
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
https://www.unforgivengamers.com/images/newsmilies/forever-alone.png
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Bernadictus
+1,055|6729

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

I'm selling a Tengu if anyone interested.... oh Bern, maybe you will....

https://www.pandemic-legion.com/killboa … tem=KLY-C0

Since you died to Goonswarm and all along with several other Tengus... lawl.
Yes I died and it was a rather enjoyable fight. Unlike fighting the NC who can only field shitfit Alpha's and shit pilots. But most of the time stay docked up and "keep pokin', keep pokin'". And yeah. 10 Tengu's, that's what... 6b isk in total? They won the ISK war, unlike you NC fugtards: https://www.pandemic-legion.com/killboa … mothership pos bowling '11.

I MAD
jmsprovan
+18|5804|Alba
both of you are trying much too hard

you are both shit

Last edited by jmsprovan (2011-05-17 06:34:12)

IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

jms, I taught you only post on Kugu?
jmsprovan
+18|5804|Alba
i check here every now and then for BF3 news but other than that there isn't much to post about.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5745|Roma
started playing this game after a LOOOng break.
What am i supposed to do again? I just started flying around randomly.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard