Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

so what other countries have national parks?
Algeria
    Botswana
    Chad
    Ethiopia
    Gabon
    Ghana
    Kenya
    Madagascar
    Morocco
    Mozambique
    Namibia
    Sierra Leone
    South Africa
    Tanzania
    Uganda
    Zambia
    Zimbabwe
    Afghanistan
    Azerbaijan
    Cambodia
    People's Republic of China
    Hong Kong
    India
    Indonesia
    Iran
    Israel
    Japan
    Kazakhstan
    Korea
        South Korea
    Malaysia
    Mongolia
    Nepal
    Pakistan
    Philippines
    Russia
    South Korea
    Sri Lanka
    Republic of China (Taiwan)
    Thailand
    Turkey
    Vietnam
    Albania
    Austria
    the Baltics
    Belarus
    Belgium
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Bulgaria
    Croatia
    Czech Republic
    Denmark
    Estonia
    Finland
    France
    Georgia
    Germany
    Greece
    Hungary
    Iceland
    Ireland
    Italy
    Kazakhstan
    Latvia
    Lithuania
    Liechtenstein
    Macedonia
    Malta
    Montenegro
    Netherlands
    Norway
    Poland
    Portugal
    Romania
    Russia
    Serbia
    Slovakia
    Slovenia
    Spain
    Sweden
    Switzerland:
        Swiss National Park
        Parc Ela
    Turkey
    Ukraine
    United Kingdom
        England and Wales
        Northern Ireland
        Scotland
    Bahamas
    Canada
    Dominica
    Dominican Republic
    Guadeloupe: see France
    Greenland:
        Northeast Greenland National Park
    Haiti
    Mexico
    United States
    Argentina
    Bolivia
    Brazil
    Chile
    Colombia
    Ecuador
    Guyana
    Peru
    Venezuela
    Australia
    Hawaii: see United States
    Fiji
    New Zealand
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
land used well.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

so what other countries have national parks?
did you seriously think no others did or something?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5208|Cleveland, Ohio
suburbs are a huge waste of land and oil and account for most of our pollution problems.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD

11 Bravo wrote:

suburbs are a huge waste of land and oil and account for most of our pollution problems.
true

cleveland is also a problem
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon
modern western society has made animal husbandry and farming/gardening hobbies.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  cows are expensive and smell unpleasant and I just hate getting dirt under my fingernails.

join a food coop you fucking hippie.  or you could move to rural oregon and live amongst the creek people.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5884|...

There used to be a time in the suburbs, when people actually let their kids play in the front yards.  You know, white picket fences and all...but it has become an area used to display that the homeowner either has the money to pay someone to sculpt it or that they are so "together"that they can sculpt it themselves.  It's all about status, whether they can really afford it or not.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
There is a place just north of here called paradise valley, it's one of those places where you drive down the road and the trees form a huge living archway. There is very few homes along the road so it's nice and quite. To get some land down there by a river would be ideal for me.
11 Bravo
Banned

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

true

it is now.  sadly cities that helped build this country get shit on.
Blue Herring
+13|4775
Wait.. now I'm confused. Do you WANT to live in a place like New York where everything is crammed together or do you want to live in a place where you can grow your own food? It seems the OP is trying to make two contradictory points.
CC-Marley
+407|6799

11 Bravo wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

true

Detroit
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

11 Bravo wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

true

even back in the day though, what with a river so polluted that it fucking caught fire
11 Bravo
Banned

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

true

even back in the day though, what with a river so polluted that it fucking caught fire
ok?  that was because it was full of industry helping to build this nation.  sorry but this country didnt get built because of the baltimore water front....
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

11 Bravo wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

ok?  that was because it was full of industry helping to build this nation.  sorry but this country didnt get built because of the baltimore water front....
lol i know, i just like teasing cleveland

i'm not sure what you mean by "they get shit on" though. I feel like a lot of urban areas' problems were manifested from their own policies.
CC-Marley
+407|6799

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

i'm not sure what you mean by "they get shit on" though.
see Detroit
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
No matter what anyone says, rust and toxic spills are still less attractive attributes of an environment than most other things.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

heh I wonder if in 50 years people will maybe end up viewing NYC as another Detroit.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
If the financial market leaves NYC I could see the public works slowly corroding away, its executives caving in to corruption and mafia. Eventually the whole city will become slum-- except for certain isolated extremely wealthy neighborhoods.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

CC-Marley wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

see Detroit
they basically put all their stock in one industry
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6222|England
here in the UK we have allotments run by the local council. I have 150 sq.m  that costs me £40 per year to grow lovely veggies. I live in a 2 bed flat so I only have communal areas. fuckin love my allotment. Below the red line is mine. I grow potatoes, French beans, sweetcorn, leeks onions, beets, carrots, broccoli, cauliflowers. I have 2x apple trees, 1x pear tree, 1x plum tree, 6 blueberry bushes & various other bits & pieces that will grow throughout the year including winter. The kid is my 4 year old son who loves it up there as well. Jay get yourself one of these dude.
https://i.imgur.com/VRaLg.jpg

Last edited by Monkey Spanker (2011-05-15 14:09:13)

Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6416|The Land of Scott Walker

eleven bravo wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

You'd seclude yourself too if you had my neighbors.
minorities right
Actually, the minorities are quite nice.  It's the lazy white trash next door that are annoying.
11 Bravo
Banned

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

see Detroit
they basically put all their stock in one industry
do you drive a car?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England

Monkey Spanker wrote:

here in the UK we have allotments run by the local council. I have 150 sq.m  that costs me £40 per year to grow lovely veggies. I live in a 2 bed flat so I only have communal areas. fuckin love my allotment. Below the red line is mine. I grow potatoes, French beans, sweetcorn, leeks onions, beets, carrots, broccoli, cauliflowers. I have 2x apple trees, 1x pear tree, 1x plum tree, 6 blueberry bushes & various other bits & pieces that will grow throughout the year including winter. The kid is my 4 year old son who loves it up there as well. Jay get yourself one of these dude.
http://i.imgur.com/VRaLg.jpg
That looks cool as hell! Here the council would just sell the land to developers.

If i lived in an area with a lot of foreclosures i would definitely petition to have some homes knocked down and the land turned over to the city for something like that.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5230|foggy bottom

Superior Mind wrote:

If the financial market leaves NYC I could see the public works slowly corroding away, its executives caving in to corruption and mafia. Eventually the whole city will become slum-- except for certain isolated extremely wealthy neighborhoods.
the circle of life
Tu Stultus Es
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6222|England
Its the law over here n the UK if 6 or more residents petition the local council they have to try to find land for allotments for the local community. I fucking love some of our laws here.
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard