Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4959|Dundee, Scotland.
I'm trying to install W7 on my gf's brother's laptop, an old gateway thing. It get's to about 7% of expanding windows files, and gives me a BSOD with KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR.

The laptop doesn't boot up into the currently-installed OS.

I'm leaning towards the "it's fucked" camp and looking at just buying a new HDD.

Thoughts chaps?
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5780|Catherine Black
It's fucked.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

Finray wrote:

It's fucked.
I thought as much.

I googled it, and from what I can gather, the current os kernel needs to write stuff to memory for the new os, which it can't do, which leads me to believe that's it's pretty much new HDD time.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6189|Winland

Well, I find that the first result on Google is quite descriptive. Your hard drive is broken. Run a scandisk from the recovery console and try again.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2011-05-14 10:23:59)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Well, I find that the first result on Google is quite descriptive. Your hard drive is broken.
k. how do I go about running scandisk from recovery?

Last edited by Camm (2011-05-14 10:26:39)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6189|Winland

Camm wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Well, I find that the first result on Google is quite descriptive. Your hard drive is broken.
wow... another dismissive, condescending post from freezer...

the laptop doesn't start. Read OP and then comment.
I was a bit quick on the "Submit" button. Run a chkdsk /F from the recovery console. A Windows XP CD works fine for that.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard