Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4964|Dundee, Scotland.
THE ambassador for Golf, Seve Ballesteros has passed away.

Seve Ballesteros, one of golf's most gifted and charismatic players, has died after a long battle with cancer.

The 54-year-old passed away surrounded by his family at his home in Pedrena, northern Spain, in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Ballesteros was diagnosed with a brain tumour in 2008 after losing consciousness at Madrid Airport.

The five-time major winner had four operations to remove the tumour as well as undergoing chemotherapy.

In a statement, the Ballesteros family expressed gratitude for the "support and gestures of love" they had received and asked for "respect and privacy at such a painful time".

Click to play

Seve's fight for life - Inside Sport special (2009)
Ballesteros, who claimed 87 titles over his career, won the Open in 1979, 1984 and 1988 and became the first European to win the Augusta Masters in 1980, repeating the feat in 1983.

He also enjoyed a successful Ryder Cup career as both player and captain - playing in eight Ryder Cups and winning 20 points from 37 matches before guiding Europe to victory over the United States at Valderrama in 1997.

But it was his daring and flamboyant style that made Ballesteros special, transforming the image of golf and bringing a whole new audience to the sport.

BBC golf correspondent Iain Carter said: "No golfer did more to popularise the game in Europe than Seve Ballesteros.

Continue reading the main story
He was a fighter - feisty, skilful, cheeky and loveable. When Seve was in a good mood the world was happy
Peter Alliss
BBC golf commentator
"He played a fearless, exciting and charismatic brand of the game. It thrilled sport fans all over the world."

"It's a sad day," world number one Lee Westwood said on Twitter. "Lost an inspiration, genius, role-model, hero and friend. Seve made European golf what it is today. RIP Seve."
RIP you absolute legend.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6493

RIP Seve.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5233|Cleveland, Ohio
it weird.  with the amount of money spent on the healthcare field all over the world and the amount of profit healthcare companies make....how the fuck is cancer still such a massive killer?  people bitch about oil companies.  my god some of these healthcare companies use oil company CEO houses as a guest house.

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2011-05-07 06:03:19)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5255|foggy bottom
medicine has barely advanced beyond bloodletting and leeches
Tu Stultus Es
Slarty
+37|5960|Ingerland

burnzz wrote:

RIP Seve.
Indeed, R.I.P. Seve, a true legend who done a lot more for the game than just playing it (bloody well).
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5174|Sydney

11 Bravo wrote:

it weird.  with the amount of money spent on the healthcare field all over the world and the amount of profit healthcare companies make....how the fuck is cancer still such a massive killer?  people bitch about oil companies.  my god some of these healthcare companies use oil company CEO houses as a guest house.
There are many recorded cases of natural therapies curing cancer, but it is actually ILLEGAL to prescribe natural therapies as a treatment. Probably because the pharmaceutical companies have a vested interest in developing a synthetic cure to make their billions from.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5233|Cleveland, Ohio

Jaekus wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

There are many recorded cases of natural therapies curing cancer, but it is actually ILLEGAL to prescribe natural therapies as a treatment. Probably because the pharmaceutical companies have a vested interest in developing a synthetic cure to make their billions from.
yep.  and its good for their business not to cure it.  i mean are you telling me they do not know what is causing it?  bullshit they dont.  there are a group of monks who live on some island in greece that only get three hours of sleep a day and eat all organic stuff and do not die of cancer and heart disease is very very rare.  so, why are they special?  why dont they need a multi billion dollar healthcare industry?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard