Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6591|Scarborough Yorkshire England
Just need to have a bitch about snipers who set themselves up as Squad Leaders - STOP IT nothing more annoying than joining a squad to find the SL is a damn sniper at the top of a crane or in some other stupid position. I then had one guy moan at me cos I jumped off the crane and gave his position away... DON'T BE A SQUAD LEADER THEN ASSHOLE. 
sorry rant over
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6810|Nårvei

Or he could name his squad : Sniper Squad
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
lord.knaslaban
+13|6566|Uppsala, Sweden
Dude... You are soo right..   
stoneisland
+20|6773|Sweden
Thats one way of looking at it. The other is that a sniper, ususally, is located in a reasonably secure location and maybe he´ll even stay there for a while not rushing in to get insta-killed at a flag. He might even be able to spot bad things coming your way. All this, of course, is dependant of you not blowing his cover spawning on him.

You know you can see what kit the SL is using right? So there is really no need, if it bothers you, to ever spawn on a sniper SL again.
Angel.C-sq
+24|6688|Computer Chair
SQL playing as snipers can be handy, but not when in stupid places like a crane.
SGT_FaceLift
+5|6632|Columbia, SC
Snipers like to call arty strikes and supply drops too...also being able to radio the commander strategic info is also important for a sniper.  Snipers can also barricade themselves in a flag capture area with claymores fairly easily.  Of course most snipers may sit at the top of the crane not all do, Im pretty uber when it comes to sniping so join my squad we'll get the shit done.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6594|Iceland
this is a stupid rant.
FromTheAshes
+53|6704
Don't join his squad then asshole!!!!
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6627|Warlord

Jinto-sk wrote:

Just need to have a bitch about snipers who set themselves up as Squad Leaders - STOP IT nothing more annoying than joining a squad to find the SL is a damn sniper at the top of a crane or in some other stupid position. I then had one guy moan at me cos I jumped off the crane and gave his position away... DON'T BE A SQUAD LEADER THEN ASSHOLE. 
sorry rant over
Okay, fair enough but here's a radical thought: check his kit and his position before you join!

Varegg wrote:

Or he could name his squad : Sniper Squad
Yeah, I do that sometimes.
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6709|Germany
When I lead my squad on the EU server I mostly go sniper, especially in situations when we cap flags.
Just hide yourself a bit away from the flag where people can spawn on you without being seen, tell them about any threat near the flag and take out resistance and other snipers guarding.
If you communicate well with your members, sniper is an excellent kit for a SL.
Gotham
+3|6732

FromTheAshes wrote:

Don't join his squad then asshole!!!!
I agree.

What a useless thread.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6743|Malaga, España

HellHead wrote:

When I lead my squad on the EU server I mostly go sniper, especially in situations when we cap flags.
Just hide yourself a bit away from the flag where people can spawn on you without being seen, tell them about any threat near the flag and take out resistance and other snipers guarding.
If you communicate well with your members, sniper is an excellent kit for a SL.
LoL, always when i join ur squad on BF2s, you're an sniper
you always pick a nice spot for us to spawn so we can assault the sh!t out of the flag
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6738|The Hague, Netherlands

Sometimes its really stupid, they pick places were we have no advantage what so ever, when they are in a good place and stay their its ok, otherwise i'll just leave that squad make my own.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
sidneysmut
Banned
+13|6592
i know exactly what you mean! pain the rear end the lot of them! snipers should be lone wolves. they are no good to the squad at all.
Arkanon
+3|6695|London, UK
The original poster does have a point. Some snipers have no intention of acting as leader to other soldiers, and spawning on top of a crane is bloody pointless for an engineer.

The sensible thing for such a sniper to do is to lock his squad so that no one else can join it. Of course, if the server allows only a small number of squads, that might make the sniper unpopular. (Most games I join are full of people who couldn't care less about squads, though.)
Gotham
+3|6732

Arkanon wrote:

The original poster does have a point. Some snipers have no intention of acting as leader to other soldiers, and spawning on top of a crane is bloody pointless for an engineer.

The sensible thing for such a sniper to do is to lock his squad so that no one else can join it. Of course, if the server allows only a small number of squads, that might make the sniper unpopular. (Most games I join are full of people who couldn't care less about squads, though.)
So dont join his squad its that simple.
ComradeWho
+50|6695|Southern California
Echoing the "don't join the sniper's squad"

I set myself as squad leader quite a bit as sniper and I play from the front line or directly adjecent to it.  The majority of time people in my squad have opportunities to spawn at safe locations near to the front lines or often behind them and then have access to whatever part of the map they like.  Much better than spawning in the "meat-grinder" sections of the map where most squad-leaders run around.

sidneysmut wrote:

i know exactly what you mean! pain the rear end the lot of them! snipers should be lone wolves. they are no good to the squad at all.
as squad leader when I advance and sit outside a flag, or even when I take part in the cap... it really does help the squad a lot to have a member who can instantly bring the health of an enemy down to 10%.  Nothing like watching a squad cap a flag and just quietly taking out enemies who are spawning around em.

Last edited by ComradeWho (2006-05-15 08:09:52)

|60|Cobalt
Terror in the Skies
+30|6752|Leipzig/Germany
its not important which class you are when you're a SL - i'm a SL most of the time just to call UAV - its very important - and a lot of SL don't care for communicate with the commander - i don't like such squads so i become SL myself
KtotheIMMY
+513|6763
My best round on Wake Island was with a SL who was a sniper. I was a medic, and it was just the two of us. We had quite a few flag captures to our name.
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6591|Scarborough Yorkshire England
I do normally leave the squad and go else where, but you see a sniper squad leader in what looks like a good position and join the squad to find he is in a crap position. It just really pissed me off when this guy started abusing me for giving away his position and needed a good moan.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6733|Oslo, Norway
https://img523.imageshack.us/img523/3786/sucks49rk.jpg
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6732|St. Andrews / Oslo

lol^^^^
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6837
Try and empathize a little bit. More than likely he joined a Squad and then Became squad leader by defualt when others dropped out. He probebly didnt realize he was leader. He still qualifies as a Dope tho !
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6627|Warlord

sidneysmut wrote:

Oh you can't be serious... no good to the squad at all? At the very least it's an extra pair of eyes but he has a scope to spot (and engage) incoming enemies from further away, claymores to protect flanks/rear, ability to cut the health of any class down to two bars... need I go on?

Gotham wrote:

Arkanon wrote:

So dont join his squad its that simple.
What he said.

Horseman 77 wrote:

Try and empathize a little bit. More than likely he joined a Squad and then Became squad leader by defualt when others dropped out. He probebly didnt realize he was leader. He still qualifies as a Dope tho !
That's possible actually, good point, but it doesn't make him a dope.
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6739

SGT_FaceLift wrote:

Snipers like to call arty strikes and supply drops too...also being able to radio the commander strategic info is also important for a sniper.  Snipers can also barricade themselves in a flag capture area with claymores fairly easily.  Of course most snipers may sit at the top of the crane not all do, Im pretty uber when it comes to sniping so join my squad we'll get the shit done.
UBER, ummm..... yeah

Sniper Rifles 37:05:58
kills 697
Deaths 1,308
ratio 0.5329
percentage 43.74%

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard