+718|6681|Austin, Texas
My university is pretty high on the world ranking

just about every prof is a PhD.. yet so many of them are completely useless
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6792|949

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Transferring from where? I transferred from a juco you fucking retards.
from one four-year to another. believe it or not it happens quite often, maybe not in 1842 or whenever it was you went to college, grandpa
Yeh and transferring from a juco to a 4 years pretty common too.  Seeing as I never saw him say where he was transferring from, I think my question was pretty valid. Now go back to bragging about smoking cigarettes and leading vapid existence you wannabe US citizen
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6876

Bevo wrote:

My university is pretty high on the world ranking

just about every prof is a PhD.. yet so many of them are completely useless
beats having a thick accent that no one could understand. I heard of a japanese lady that was teaching law and couldn't speak english very well, ended up using the textbook every 2 sentences.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6876

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

from one four-year to another. believe it or not it happens quite often, maybe not in 1842 or whenever it was you went to college, grandpa
Yeh and transferring from a juco to a 4 years pretty common too.  Seeing as I never saw him say where he was transferring from, I think my question was pretty valid. Now go back to bragging about smoking cigarettes and leading vapid existence you wannabe US citizen
at least hes the type of refo who couldnt breed.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6792|949

My university was pretty high on the rankings too. It means absolutely nothing except to people who are attending that school.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6681|Austin, Texas
My differential equations professor was a latino man, quite chubby and always wore the same suit that was 2 sizes too small.

After every sentence he would say "right?" with the glazed over class just staring at him. Sometime he'd say it 2, 3, even 4 times after a sentence. In the few days before I stopped going to class, I would spend them tallying the number of times he said "right?" in a 75 minute lecture. My last count was 144.

He also had quite a few times where he tried to equate math to real life or tried to translate something from spanish (presumably) but make no sense whatsoever. The most memorable was when he said "You should not try to even but yourselves." The half of the class that was awake was snickering, he looked at us like we didn't understand english.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6876

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

My university was pretty high on the rankings too. It means absolutely nothing except to people who are attending that school.
now i can look down on other people.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6876

Bevo wrote:

My differential equations professor was a latino man, quite chubby and always wore the same suit that was 2 sizes too small.

After every sentence he would say "right?" with the glazed over class just staring at him. Sometime he'd say it 2, 3, even 4 times after a sentence. In the few days before I stopped going to class, I would spend them tallying the number of times he said "right?" in a 75 minute lecture. My last count was 144.

He also had quite a few times where he tried to equate math to real life or tried to translate something from spanish (presumably) but make no sense whatsoever. The most memorable was when he said "You should not try to even but yourselves." The half of the class that was awake was snickering, he looked at us like we didn't understand english.
hate it when teachers who speak shitty english do that. thank god i have ok english speaking lecturers for now and have 2 white tutors, the other 2 brown ones are killing me. MAKING A STATEMENT AND ADDING WHAT DO YOU THINK DOES NOT MAKE IT A QUESTION.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6681|Austin, Texas
I'm through all the core math and physics classes though so thankfully I'm behind the foreign professors. Now it's just a bunch of old white guys that think 60% is a good exam average and that spending 15 hours a week on a 1 hour class is A-OK.

I don't know which is worse.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5862|College Park, MD

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

lol y u mad tho

i'm just surprised you never once noticed that he said he goes to Pace, or at the very least a four-year college
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
13rin
+977|6639
Degrees mean shit after you've been in your field for a few years.  Sorry Bevo.  Bullshit may get you to the top, but it won't keep you there.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6792|949

I'm not m3thod. Speaking of, where is that guy?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6876

Bevo wrote:

I'm through all the core math and physics classes though so thankfully I'm behind the foreign professors. Now it's just a bunch of old white guys that think 60% is a good exam average and that spending 15 hours a week on a 1 hour class is A-OK.

Course average for engineering at my school is 45 Course average for an essay in management was 60%... I got 70 so feels good man. Apperntly 65-75 is a 3.0 gpa lol
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5518|London, England

Poseidon wrote:

With costs, received financial aid and campus life, I've narrowed down my college decision to two choices: American University and University of Miami.

Aaaand I can't choose.
Not that it means anything to you but my ex went to Miami and she detested it. She ended up graduating from Washington University in St Louis and said the difference in curriculum between the two was night and day in favor of WashU. If you want to party, get a tan, and spend a lot of money, The U is what you should pick. If you want an education and a bucketload of connections when you graduate, AU would be the way to go.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6658

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I'm not m3thod. Speaking of, where is that guy?
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 0#p3501770
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Poseidon wrote:

Poli Sci is my major. American does make sense, but it's not like Miami's Poli Sci program is shit. It's pretty respected from what I understand.

Not to mention I'll be going into the military right after college anyways.
If you're a poli sci major, it's either AU or Georgetown as your real options.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Bevo
Nah
+718|6681|Austin, Texas
Why sorry? I don't expect a little piece of paper that says I sat through a rigorous education to get me anything past an initial job.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6876

Bevo wrote:

Why sorry? I don't expect a little piece of paper that says I sat through a rigorous education to get me anything past an initial job.
only grad schools care about GPA amirite.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6681|Austin, Texas

Cybargs wrote:

Bevo wrote:

Course average for engineering at my school is 45 Course average for an essay in management was 60%... I got 70 so feels good man. Apperntly 65-75 is a 3.0 gpa lol
In my calc 2 class, I was pulling a ~78-80 average all semester. On the final exam, I got a 44%. This was so much higher than everyone else that I got an A in the course.

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6876

Bevo wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Bevo wrote:

In my calc 2 class, I was pulling a ~78-80 average all semester. On the final exam, I got a 44%. This was so much higher than everyone else that I got an A in the course.

Last year for Qantatative Analysis (economics shiz), the course average was so low that they passed everybody and giving the top 20% 4.0 and 3.0's

gg school.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

13rin wrote:

Degrees mean shit after you've been in your field for a few years.  Sorry Bevo.  Bullshit may get you to the top, but it won't keep you there.
Who's bullshitting? He's describing a normal engineering major experience. Engineering sucks dick to study. 30 hours a week in the classroom with another 50 hours a week of homework. The liberal arts kids all partied on the weekends while we studied. Sucks, but we're better off in the end.
-Frederick Bastiat
13rin
+977|6639
Georgetown.  Exorcists stairwell. Good times...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/images/dcmovies/stairsphoto.jpg
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6876

Jay wrote:

13rin wrote:

Who's bullshitting? He's describing a normal engineering major experience. Engineering sucks dick to study. 30 hours a week in the classroom with another 50 hours a week of homework. The liberal arts kids all partied on the weekends while we studied. Sucks, but we're better off in the end.
lol lib arts.

here in aussie its weird, coz we got bachelors in business,econ etc and we can do a bachelors of arts IN economics etc... (more limited) but its just different names for an easier course.
13rin
+977|6639

Jay wrote:

13rin wrote:

o/
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Cybargs wrote:

Jay wrote:

13rin wrote:

lol lib arts.

here in aussie its weird, coz we got bachelors in business,econ etc and we can do a bachelors of arts IN economics etc... (more limited) but its just different names for an easier course.
When I tell people that I read economics books for fun they give me weird looks like it's a difficult subject or something. It's addition and subtraction. Fucking cake.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard