Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5926|Belgium

ghettoperson wrote:

These fucking bank holidays are messing with my workout schedule.
Same here.

Finish school at 6.30PM tomorrow, if I go for a workout then, I won't have any time to study left that night (man utd > school).

Might just go wed-thurs-fri instead.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6486|New Haven, CT
Reading these, I realize how spoiled I am to have a 24 hour weight room less that a minute's walk away from my room.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

I have 8am-10pm every day about 3 minutes walk from me. They're just closed on bank holidays. Which normally wouldn't be a big deal, except this month we had Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon off, and then next weekend with this cunting royal wedding we have Friday off, and then Monday is some other bank holiday.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam
Home gym
still have to post a pic of the end result.

Im also going to make a doctors appointment tomorrow about my arm as i may need to take some time of from lifting. Feel fucking bad man
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6971|Marathon, Florida Keys
new bench max 325 for 2.

so happy ^_^

Last edited by .:ronin:.|Patton (2011-04-26 09:14:36)

https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

I was bored and hungry, so I made some burgers with tinned tuna. Mmmm delicious.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

So I've begun a totally new workout regime. I started today and I'm dead after it.

Basically I'm doing one muscle area per day. The split goes like this:

D1 - Chest
D2 - Biceps
D3 - Legs
D4 - Shoulders
D5 - Back

Basically I'm "super-dropsetting" every single set. So a breakdown of my Chest regime is a bit like this:

Incline dumbbell press, dropsetted and supersetted. So:
1 FULL SET =
4 reps of max weight;
Supersetted with
8 reps of heavy weight
Supersetted with
12 reps of medium weight
Supersetted with
FAIL of light weight.

Repeated 3 times.

That regime is repeated for barbell decline press and flat bench press. I'm pretty much failing after this, but it's not finished.

Then followed by Dumbbell Flys supersetted with Dumbbell pullover. Repeated for 4 sets with a final dropset supersetted with a dumbbell pullover dropset.

Basically going all out now and trying to strengthen everything equally. Tomorrows exercise isn't fully planned yet, but I plan on starting off with barbell standing curl supersetted with sitting EZ preacher curl and then dropsetted. We'll see how that goes.

Also, if anybody is looking for more tasty recipes with a lot of protein/little carbs etc.

Veggie omelette:

4 egg whites
Chopped shallots
Chopped mushrooms
Chopped cherry tomatoes
Grated low fat cheddar
Spinach leaves

Put egg whites, cheese, shallots and mushrooms into a pan at medium heat with a little oil.

Once the edges are turning brownish, add the tomatoes and spinach and flip half of the omelette on itself.

Serve.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6928|UK
yeah i tried drop setting today, felt like i was actually pushing my arms all the way rather than temporarily tiring them.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+691|6452|Washington St.

Vilham wrote:

yeah i tried drop setting today, felt like i was actually pushing my arms all the way rather than temporarily tiring them.
haha yeah i drop setted the other day. it was a super weird feeling knowing the weight was super low but i was so tired from the sets before that it was completely exhausting my muscles. you're right though it did feel good, more than just a temporary lift of the muscles
ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

Is it weird I can benchpress more than I can squat? I can bench 55kg without too much trouble, but squatting 45kg and I feel faint after each set.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5340|Sydney
I have trouble bench pressing more than 55kg but my squat is almost 100kg.
Have you read up on the form, watched some vids etc?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

Yeah, I've gotten some pointers from some of the trainers in the gym and I feel like I'm doing it correctly. I just can't seem to increase my weight by much. I don't know, maybe I just need to force myself to do more weight and see what happens.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5646|Bolingbrook, Illinois

ghettoperson wrote:

Is it weird I can benchpress more than I can squat? I can bench 55kg without too much trouble, but squatting 45kg and I feel faint after each set.
yes
Jaekus
+957|5340|Sydney

ghettoperson wrote:

Yeah, I've gotten some pointers from some of the trainers in the gym and I feel like I'm doing it correctly. I just can't seem to increase my weight by much. I don't know, maybe I just need to force myself to do more weight and see what happens.
Are you finding it hard to lift, or are you feeling faint?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

It's tough. I could push it further if I really wanted to I guess, but I don't want to do any damage. I'm putting it down to working my legs infrequently before I started with free weights.
Jaekus
+957|5340|Sydney
What sets/reps are you doing?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

5*5
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6622|UK
Try it with dumbbells if you're scared of lack of spottage.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6353|Roma

ghettoperson wrote:

It's tough. I could push it further if I really wanted to I guess, but I don't want to do any damage. I'm putting it down to working my legs infrequently before I started with free weights.
I get faint spells after squatting when I lay down on the bench. I lay there for a few seconds before I start.
Anything you can wait out, or do you feel faint doing them? Because that IS weird.

Maybe it's like you said, imbalance in what you've been working. I took a long time of thinking I was getting near my max squat (like 2 months) before I actually needed someone to spot me.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

Nah, its after, like you said.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6353|Roma
Then it's just because the blood has gone to your legs, but I don't know why you're getting it at a low weight.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

I'll whack it up 10kg next session and see how I get on.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6928|UK
When I started squatting I started low and struggled im now doing 90kg, so you will improve, it just takes time.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5399|Cleveland, Ohio
unless you guys are doing this for sports why are you doing squats?
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam
Great compound lift for the lower body especially for the quads

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard