Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6496
i tried to get into a catholic church high on drugs with my friends once... we hadn't slept from the binge the night before

im gonna dig the photo up
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5263|Cleveland, Ohio

Uzique wrote:

no you're right, it's not rocket science getting answers about the catholic church from a catholic church website

talking about rocket science

holocaust didn't happen
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6471|Amsterdam‫
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6762|Oxferd Ohire
funny funny site
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5509|Bolingbrook, Illinois

Uzique wrote:

i tried to get into a catholic church high on drugs with my friends once... we hadn't slept from the binge the night before

im gonna dig the photo up
wow you're cool, i hope i'm like you someday
VYWang
+4|5327
Hey guys, it's HaiBai's friend. I finally remembered that I had an account. Lol oops.

To address the evolution point:
The theory of evolution is incomplete. That's why people are still arguing about the types of evolution. A slow gradual change vs. period of stability then rapid change (the names elude me at the moment). You can believe one or the other if you believe in evolution, but this belief is simply based on faith. You have faith in the evidence that it's correct. Science definitely still has roots in faith. Those ties might be weaker, but people always have faith in SOMETHING. No matter how many times you test a hypothesis and theory, you still have faith in the results. If not, then there is no point in testing it. Same deal with religion, except you need more faith.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6563|Long Island, New York
haibai actually recruited the only friend he has in real life to back him up on an argument about religion

i just

fucking

died
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6762|Oxferd Ohire
You may not karma the same person in a 24 hour period.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
VYWang
+4|5327

Shocking wrote:

Until Leó Szilárd came about and people figured that a nuclear chain reaction was possible noone knew how the sun actually worked. I'd consider that pretty important knowledge, added to that that we may be able to recreate the same principle someday, nuclear power in its current state is just an attempt at doing that. Has it helped people? Absolutely. Has it harmed people? Absolutely.

Can't draw a parallel inbetween that and the church persecuting scientific research during the dark/middle ages though. That was just insanity, God was absolute and couldn't be questioned. It allowed people to lord over others in absurd ways such as with the inquisitions, the Vatican was essentially one hell of a dictatorship.

"Faith" = emotion & makebelief. As I said before, if you can't explain why your religion is the right one without being an idiot all that praying on sunday didn't actually teach you anything.

Anyway, if you're not religious why in hell were you arguing evolution with me and do you believe abortion equates killing?

& lol @ thinking stem cell research doesnt help anyone.
How is that (The church persecuting scientific research) different then the way that most (not all) atheists persecute religious people for having faith in something that can't they (the atheists) can't feel or see?

Faith does not necessarily mean make belief. In the medieval times people had faith that rain would fall and their seeds would grow so they could feed their families. If you didn't have faith in that, you wouldn't plant any seeds and you would starve. Our civilizations are based on faith.

Just because I'm not religious doesn't mean I can't argue for them, even if I'm not as effective as a priest or whatnot.

And that's a really moral question that I'm still deciding on. But for now, I believe that abortion is killing.
VYWang
+4|5327

Poseidon wrote:

haibai actually recruited the only friend he has in real life to back him up on an argument about religion

i just

fucking

died
Lol
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
jesus died so people could recruit their friends to argue about religion in the general discussion forum
eleven bravo
+1,399|5284|foggy bottom
jews arent allowed to make fun of jesus
Tu Stultus Es
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
he was one of us, we're allowed to do whatever we want nigga
HaiBai

Poseidon wrote:

i just

fucking

died
lol dude.  hes had an account here for a while idiot
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
HaiBai
like i said, you're stupid
eleven bravo
+1,399|5284|foggy bottom

Poseidon wrote:

till you killed him

white people arent allowed to say nigga
Tu Stultus Es
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
i can honestly just imagine how this went

"dude, everyone's ganging up on me on the gaming forum i'm almost entirely hated on. they're all saying jesus doesn't exist and bad stuff about catholicism come help me!!!!"
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

eleven bravo wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

till you killed him

white people arent allowed to say nigga
https://code2ave.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/nigga-please-look.jpg?w=299&h=300
eleven bravo
+1,399|5284|foggy bottom
it was on the church bulletin
Tu Stultus Es
HaiBai
thats accurate.  im sure you're having the highlight of your day fantasizing
VYWang
+4|5327

Poseidon wrote:

i can honestly just imagine how this went

"dude, everyone's ganging up on me on the gaming forum i'm almost entirely hated on. they're all saying jesus doesn't exist and bad stuff about catholicism come help me!!!!"
Haha no, but this thread would've been remarkably boring if it was just you guys vs HaiBai.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6178|what

VYWang wrote:

Hey guys, it's HaiBai's friend. I finally remembered that I had an account. Lol oops.

The theory of evolution is incomplete. That's why people are still arguing about the types of evolution. A slow gradual change vs. period of stability then rapid change (the names elude me at the moment). You can believe one or the other if you believe in evolution, but this belief is simply based on faith. You have faith in the evidence that it's correct. Science definitely still has roots in faith. Those ties might be weaker, but people always have faith in SOMETHING. No matter how many times you test a hypothesis and theory, you still have faith in the results. If not, then there is no point in testing it. Same deal with religion, except you need more faith.
The theory is not incomplete.

Take a look at the breeds of dogs and tell me they didn't evolve from wolves. Go on.

The bulldog was especially bred to look the way it does. That's evolution through selective breeding. Same has happened through cows, wheat, cats every other domestic animal and every other foodstock man has cultivated. We have used the process of evolution to change flora and fauna to suite as better.

We don't need faith in the results. We don't need faith in the theory of evolution. We have evidence it works. We have millions of years of evolutionary science to back this up. There is no faith required in anything at all to do with evolution because the evidence is so overwhelming.

You need faith in God, the Church and religion, because there is no evidence. If there was, you wouldn't need faith.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
VYWang
+4|5327

AussieReaper wrote:

VYWang wrote:

The theory is not incomplete.

Take a look at the breeds of dogs and tell me they didn't evolve from wolves. Go on.

The bulldog was especially bred to look the way it does. That's evolution through selective breeding. Same has happened through cows, wheat, cats every other domestic animal and every other foodstock man has cultivated. We have used the process of evolution to change flora and fauna to suite as better.

We don't need faith in the results. We don't need faith in the theory of evolution. We have evidence it works. We have millions of years of evolutionary science to back this up. There is no faith required in anything at all to do with evolution because the evidence is so overwhelming.

You need faith in God, the Church and religion, because there is no evidence. If there was, you wouldn't need faith.
No you're missing my point. What would happen in science if no one had faith in the results? It wouldn't be believed. Now, say that the evidence was OVERWHELMING, but still no one had faith in it. It still wouldn't be believed. This actually happened when a person invented bikes that shifted gears. Most, if not all, professional bikers refused to believe that it was better dispite the fact that the owner beat many, many of these professional bikers. They just didn't have faith in the results. Or the case with weight lifter's shoes. For the longest time they had a peice of wood in the sole for support, in 2008 (I believe) Nike had invented a better pair, one that was scientifically proven through tests, to provide better support, cushioning, etc. Yet weight lifters still switched back to the wooden shoes after trying out the scientifically superior one. They just didn't have faith in the results.
VYWang
+4|5327
Also, yea it is incomplete. People still debate what kinds of evolution there are. I'm not saying evolution isn't present, only that it's incomplete.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard