Just because it is simple and syncs. I wanted something just above notepad..lol

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.wunderkinder.wunderlistandroid
Xbone Stormsurgezz
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6170|Sydney | ♥

Started using the cyanogen mod.

http://cyanogenmod.com

Overall, i'm in love. The UI is amazing, only down side is no proxy support. But i can IPTABLE that shit in anyway.

Edit: Getting ~50 hours battery too. (With wifi/data enabled)

Last edited by tazz. (2011-04-22 18:03:06)

everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6493

i moved my data plan from my droid2 to my Xoom. they're rolling out 4G south of me and Verizon's going with a sim for the new data plan.
it's the only thing keeping me from rooting and ROMming my tablet, because the upgrade includes enabling an SD card slot and making the USB port active. i like my tablet now, with a Tiamat kernal and 4G speeds - imma be afk in May . . .
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5504|America

tazz. wrote:

Started using the cyanogen mod.

http://cyanogenmod.com

Overall, i'm in love. The UI is amazing, only down side is no proxy support. But i can IPTABLE that shit in anyway.

Edit: Getting ~50 hours battery too. (With wifi/data enabled)
What does it give you that the default firmware doesn't, other than extended battery life? Basically give me a reason, because I wanna try it but I don't wanna be disappointed.

PS Yes I read the link, but an EQ, new theme colors, and a fancy way to surf doesn't quite do it.

Last edited by Blade4509 (2011-04-22 18:19:48)

"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6493

gingerbread. what are you running now?
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5504|America
Never mind, the cyanogen forum said there is no ROM for the Droid X yet. /sadface

What is this gingerbread? What does it do, and how do I know if I have it or not? Sorry I don't any better.

Last edited by Blade4509 (2011-04-22 20:06:19)

"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6170|Sydney | ♥

Blade4509 wrote:

Never mind, the cyanogen forum said there is no ROM for the Droid X yet. /sadface

What is this gingerbread? What does it do, and how do I know if I have it or not? Sorry I don't any better.
Gingerbread is the "codename" for 2.3.x firmware (android)

I rooted my phone the week i got it, the bloatware and HTC Sense is ass.

You can go settings>about phone and in there somewhere, you can find the android version.

I wouldn't advise rooting your phone unless you REALLY want the extras. There is potential to brick it. Very unlikely, but it is there.

Plus no more warranty xD

Last edited by tazz. (2011-04-22 20:14:54)

Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5504|America
Yeah, there are quite a few things on this phone I'd like to get rid of, but I can't uninstall them. I guess "rooting", but how does one do it, and what are the possible problems one could encounter in in the rooting process?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6493

eh, np - it's the latest kernel for the phone, i think - i've been looking at Honeycomb lately (android 3) for tablets . . .
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6170|Sydney | ♥

Blade4509 wrote:

Yeah, there are quite a few things on this phone I'd like to get rid of, but I can't uninstall them. I guess "rooting", but how does one do it, and what are the possible problems one could encounter in in the rooting process?
Have a squiz round here,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=687

Even better:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/in … roid_X.png

Last edited by tazz. (2011-04-22 20:17:36)

Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5504|America
Thanks
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6596|132 and Bush

I'm going to root this w/e. Backup with titanium and then give cyanogen a try.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5712|Vancouver, BC, Canada
Got my first Droid on Sunday, LG Optimus One.
Rooted it on day two (pretty stupid, but nothing went wrong in the process so hopefully it stays alive)

For a rather weak phone (600mhz), it runs pretty damn decently. Especially after I put a custom ROM on it. (Nessie#Fenice)

Only gripe is that the battery dies within a day, but I've been working on adding a bunch of Tasker scripts that heavily minimize the length of time that Wifi/GPS is on while having them turn on right when needed.

Does anyone have any insight/information about non-manufaturer-sanctioned unlocking? Like, on iPhones you can Jailbreak(which is essentually rooting) and as a part of that it can unlock, but I haven't bene able to find a free software method to unlock Droids. (just the Blade but that's an older phone).
Best I've seen is third-parties that sell unlock codes for cheaper than my carrier but they must be using a generator of some sort....
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6734|Toronto | Canada

We got a Dell Streak for free the other day, seems like a cool toy but both the BB OS6 and iOS are much, much slicker and easier to use interfaces.  I'm considering stealing it from my dad to use as a pdf viewer on the go since phones are a little too small for that. 

Side note: this thing is supposed to be a phone, but it would be the most comically large phone of all time.  Its about the size of a piece of paper cut in half lengthwise.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6170|Sydney | ♥

If it doesn't fit in your pocket, it aint a phone imo.

@TheDonkey

The reason they jailbreak iphones/ipods is to be able to install third party apps onto the device. Android allows you to do this naturally, you just have to allow third party packages to be installed.

You can do that by going Menu>Settings>Applications and checking the Unknown Sources.

You then put any .apk onto your SD card and install from there.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6734|Toronto | Canada

it fits into your pocket quite easily, but it also takes up about 2/3 of your head if you held it there.

random google image:

https://i.imgur.com/NTi2T.jpg
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5712|Vancouver, BC, Canada

tazz. wrote:

If it doesn't fit in your pocket, it aint a phone imo.

@TheDonkey

The reason they jailbreak iphones/ipods is to be able to install third party apps onto the device. Android allows you to do this naturally, you just have to allow third party packages to be installed.

You can do that by going Menu>Settings>Applications and checking the Unknown Sources.

You then put any .apk onto your SD card and install from there.
Well a Jailbreak, by definition, is a)Full File System access, and b)Root user privileges.

Although I've found that not all apps can be installed even with the Unknown toggles setting. I installed that new ROM but I still liked some of the widgets of the original LG OS, the creator of the ROm was nice enough to package them up and provide them but since the files are unsigned, Android refuses to install them.
It seems the solution is to just get the Android SDK and self-sign them since they won't be distributed anyways but it seems like a really big pain.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6662

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/ … nomyId=166

Army readies apps for Android combat devices.  Play Angry Birds while in the midst of intense combat.

Network World - The U.S. Army is finalizing a software framework for Android-based devices that will let third-party software developers create interoperable mobile apps for combat soldiers. It's already being tested by the 82nd Airborne Division on a prototype device, dubbed the Joint Battle Command-Platform, or JBC-P Handheld.

The software framework is called the Mobile/Handheld Computing Environment, or CE. It guides application developers so the resulting code is secure, and will mesh with apps for other tactical systems, such as air support, logistics and armor, according to a news story by the Army News Service.

Originally created by MITRE, the technology is now being refined at the Army's Software Engineering Directorate in Huntsville, Ala., in conjunction with the other JBC-P systems.

A goal of the project is to free up developers to create capabilities that can work across these different systems, to avoid the traditional problem of "stovepipe" -- an application that provides a specific set of functions for the user, but can't work cooperatively with other applications.

A development kit will be released publicly in July 2011. Currently the Army is refining what it dubs "Mission Command Apps," which include mapping, tactical ground reporting and critical messaging among the group of mission command systems.

The Army envisions a core set of Army-created apps on these future mobile devices, with third-party apps being enabled, via the framework, to use the features of the core apps, or to add to them. That represents a big shift in military thinking: a willingness to rely on commercial development for ideas, innovation and fast turnaround, and integrating that innovation in a structured way to meet the demanding requirements for battlefield operations.

For the hardware, the Army is currently evaluating prototypes for suitability, considering both government and commercial off-the-shelf models, with a ruggedized case or tactical cover.

The handhelds will be designed to make use of a range of military radio networks.

The next round of tests, both hardware and software, will be in October, during the Network Integration Rehearsal at White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico. The rehearsal is one of four related events leading to a full-blown network evaluation at the brigade combat team level at the end of 2012.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6493

Ilocano wrote:

Army readies apps for Android combat devices.  Play Angry Birds while in the midst of intense combat.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/burnzz/android_helmet.jpg
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6596|132 and Bush

Stupid Droid X encrypted bootloader...
http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-th … hread.html
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6493

unlocked my Xoom, flashed a new kernel. fuck me, there went 20 gb of movies XD
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6596|132 and Bush

I like the foodspotting app. Real pictures of real food around you. I just like to browse around.
http://www.foodspotting.com (Kmarion)
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6596|132 and Bush

I'm not really big on the live stuff. But this one was pretty cool. It's not nearly as busy as it looks in the video. I had to bump up the fps when I made the video .. ofc it looks much better on the phone.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Benzin
+576|5994
Where did you get that wallpaper, Kmar?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6596|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard