[-DER-]Omega
+188|6989|Lithuania
cheers. ordered 2lbs of double choc ON for a trial run

side question - is it normal to feel a lot, if not the most soreness in the adductors (muscles around the groin) after the first week of doing squats or might I be failing in my form somewhere?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5646|Bolingbrook, Illinois

Zimmer wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

Sturgeon wrote:

I'd probably go for casein at night on both days and whey on the morning of a day after workout as you'll probably need that extra boost of readily available protein when you wake up.
I've heard take creatine in 6-8 week cycles with one week off not too sure why. Loading is pretty pointless I feel just take a small amount everyday make sure to drink enough water too.
Not pointless at all. It does speed up saturation of creatine in the muscles, it just isn't necessary.

Your body grows used to Creatine after about 8 weeks and stops responding to it. To prevent that you need to do it in cycles to get the full effect from it. Same with pre-workout supplements and the sort.
probably going to buy this:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/crea.html

i don't see any point in loading or anything, so i think i'll just take 5 grams everyday.  but, i haven't been able to find much information on cycling, or taking a break from it.  it's not that i don't believe you or anything, i would just like to read up on it.  do you have a link with a guide about this?
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5340|Sydney
From my own personal experience I noticed a boost with creatine by around the third day from when I started taking it. I don't take it any more though, just whey, multivitamin and fish oil.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6622|UK
Was having a conversation with my brother in law he is of a pretty big size. He said training 4 times a week is too much and counter-productive. He said he only trained twice a week. He said if your training 4 times a week you aren't hitting it hard enough.
HaiBai

Jaekus wrote:

From my own personal experience I noticed a boost with creatine by around the third day from when I started taking it. I don't take it any more though, just whey, multivitamin and fish oil.
yeah i do whey, vitamins and fish oil too.

but i dont see why i shouldnt do creatine too.  its cheap and itll make me bigger.  whats not to like?

i just want to know more about cycling (or whatever its called when you take a break from it)
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6763|132 and Bush

HaiBai wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

I've heard take creatine in 6-8 week cycles with one week off not too sure why. Loading is pretty pointless I feel just take a small amount everyday make sure to drink enough water too.
Not pointless at all. It does speed up saturation of creatine in the muscles, it just isn't necessary.

Your body grows used to Creatine after about 8 weeks and stops responding to it. To prevent that you need to do it in cycles to get the full effect from it. Same with pre-workout supplements and the sort.

i don't see any point in loading or anything, so i think i'll just take 5 grams everyday.  but, i haven't been able to find much information on cycling, or taking a break from it.  it's not that i don't believe you or anything, i would just like to read up on it.  do you have a link with a guide about this?
Speaking just from my experience. Creatine only produced temporary gains in both size and strength. They used to tell us to take it with HG carbs to help shuttle it into your system. It could have simply been an up sell, because they also sold versions of creatine that you mixed with a hg powder to make a sweet drink. However, I later learned that drinking it with fruit juice did the same thing.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6486|New Haven, CT
Squat is up to 255 (115.9), bench press to 140 (63.6), and Romanian deadlift to 175 (79.5).
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam

Jebus wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

oic
How much did you gain over how long?
Eh, I weigh about 72-73 now, was 65 in september.
I also started in september at 60kg, but i had no idea what i was doing. But right now i weigh 65-66 so you beat me 3kg
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

HaiBai wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

That's what I have. Got about a 3/4s of a tub unused.

Look back a page and I've linked to two creatine "about" pages.

@ wah - You xcan still be big and be doing it wrong. Also, 4 times/5 times a week is not too much if you've reached that level. If I drop down to 2 days my muscles don't get stronger and bigger. Added to the fact that I'm sure when he says "hitting it hard" he means more than an hour, which is bad and wrong by every single workout/exercise regime out there.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam

Zimmer wrote:

@ wah - You xcan still be big and be doing it wrong. Also, 4 times/5 times a week is not too much if you've reached that level. If I drop down to 2 days my muscles don't get stronger and bigger. Added to the fact that I'm sure when he says "hitting it hard" he means more than an hour, which is bad and wrong by every single workout/exercise regime out there.
This is what i hate about explaining things about fitness. If i try to explain shit to people i always get the idea that they dont take me seriously because of my size. If a huge guy would tell someone not to squat and deadlift and just bench 2 days a week for 2 hours they would probably follow that advice a lot sooner than mine.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6763|132 and Bush

Kampframmer wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

This is what i hate about explaining things about fitness. If i try to explain shit to people i always get the idea that they dont take me seriously because of my size. If a huge guy would tell someone not to squat and deadlift and just bench 2 days a week for 2 hours they would probably follow that advice a lot sooner than mine.
It's all relative man.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam

Kmar wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

It's all relative man.
yeah, but it creates a lot of bullshit to fly around just because a few guys have good genetics and can get big on a shit program.
HaiBai

Zimmer wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

That's what I have. Got about a 3/4s of a tub unused.

Look back a page and I've linked to two creatine "about" pages.
alright, so i found these two links with information about cycling:

http://www.creatinemonohydrate.net/creatine_doses.html
http://www.creatine-monohydrate.org/cre … ations.htm

i don't feel like there's really any value to loading, i don't mind being patient, so i'll just ignore those stages.

the first link says i should be on maintenance for a month, and then take a break for a month.

while the second link says maintenance for a month, and then to take a break for a week only.

i'm not really sure which website i should listen to.  the first one said that if i take a break for a month, my muscles will completely return to their original size before creatine, so that's not exactly a good thing.  but at the same time, i don't want my body to get used to it by stopping it's own production of creatine and etc.

so i'm wondering, how do you do all this Zimmer?
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6353|Roma

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

side question - is it normal to feel a lot, if not the most soreness in the adductors (muscles around the groin) after the first week of doing squats or might I be failing in my form somewhere?
I'm not completely sure, I never did.
But it might just be because those muscles are comparatively weak compared to your main squat muscles.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
baggs
+732|6366

PrivateVendetta wrote:

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

But it might just be because those muscles are comparatively weak compared to your main squat muscles.
I would agree with this but i'm interested to know what kind of foot stance you're using? Narrow stance? Wide stance?
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6486|New Haven, CT
If you aren't moving in a straight line you'll target them inordinately.
Jaekus
+957|5340|Sydney
According to Starting Strength you are meant to spread your knees wide during a squat and feel it in the groin muscles of the inner thigh, so this leads one to think your form could be correct as a result. Can't say for sure without seeing how your form is.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5926|Belgium
Quite hot today, really sweat a lot.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam
I never really sweat a lot. Even when im working out.
But normally in this weather iw ould sweat my ass off while working out, but its a good thing my gym is in my cool basement
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6821|The darkside of Denver
I've been cleared by the doc to start squatting\DLing and stuff again.. Feelsgoodman.
Jaekus
+957|5340|Sydney

Jebus wrote:

Quite hot today, really sweat a lot.
I was working out all summer here. Some days 34 degrees C with 80% humidity. It was kinda fucked, glad it's cooled down a bit.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5926|Belgium

SonderKommando wrote:

I've been cleared by the doc to start squatting\DLing and stuff again.. Feelsgoodman.
Good luck man!
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6989|Lithuania

baggs wrote:

PrivateVendetta wrote:

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

I would agree with this but i'm interested to know what kind of foot stance you're using? Narrow stance? Wide stance?

Jaekus wrote:

According to Starting Strength you are meant to spread your knees wide during a squat and feel it in the groin muscles of the inner thigh, so this leads one to think your form could be correct as a result. Can't say for sure without seeing how your form is.
My stance is heels shoulder width, feet out about 30° and I squat a little deeper below knee level as recommended by Starting Strength. I'm on week 2 of 5x5 and my muscles are probably still adjusting to the load, hence the soreness. No pain no gain eh.

Last edited by [-DER-]Omega (2011-04-22 11:45:37)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

Fucksakes, the gym was closed tonight because of the bank holiday. I guess that's Monday off as well. I'm going to do pushups and then try find something heavy to hang off the ends of a skipole to squat with.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6622|UK

ghettoperson wrote:

Fucksakes, the gym was closed tonight because of the bank holiday. I guess that's Monday off as well. I'm going to do pushups and then try find something heavy to hang off the ends of a skipole to squat with.
Prison squat?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard