Sturgeon
+488|5103|Flintshire
That's another thing I don't understand fully, if I'm using 5g a day, it should last me 110 days, how long should I stop using it for, a month, 2 months?

I've not found any concrete answers and they're normally contradicting themselves, what did you do when taking it?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6161|...
My dad grew up eating meat once a week, saw pictures of him at 20 and he had bigger arms than many of the people I see in the gym nowadays, I can't for the life of me figure it would be necessary to ingest half a fucking kilo of protein daily to get decent muscles.

Spending about 15 euros a day on food, and I eat -a lot-, and I'm definitely doing fine. Sandwiches, eggs, meat.

11 Bravo wrote:

i just dont see how you cannot get 100% of your daily requirement without a powder...and i only eat 1500 cals per day yet still get 100
Wow, that's not a lot. I eat like ~2700+ a day, almost double

Last edited by Shocking (2011-04-20 10:03:51)

inane little opines
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

Shocking wrote:

My dad grew up eating meat once a week, saw pictures of him at 20 and he had bigger arms than many of the people I see in the gym nowadays, I can't for the life of me figure it would be necessary to ingest half a fucking kilo of protein daily to get decent muscles.

Spending about 15 euros a day on food, and I eat -a lot-, and I'm definitely doing fine. Sandwiches, eggs, meat.

11 Bravo wrote:

i just dont see how you cannot get 100% of your daily requirement without a powder...and i only eat 1500 cals per day yet still get 100
Wow, that's not a lot. I eat like ~2700+ a day, almost double
Some people are just built differently, and some need an extra help to bulk up. Once bulked up you don't need to keep taking in as much protein etc, but it does help.

Also, "half a fucking kilo" is a bit of an exaggeration. Nobody should exceed 200g or so a day.

@ Surgeon - run it for 3-4 months and see if you notice anything. Then take a break for 4 weeks and go back on it.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5926|Belgium
@Zimmer (creatine): Surely you're forgetting the loading (and deloading?) phase?

Last edited by Jebus (2011-04-20 10:48:52)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

Jebus wrote:

Surely you're forgetting the loading (and deloading?) phase?
No. Doesn't need to be done.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5926|Belgium
You're really the first person I've ever heard stating that.
Then again, much of the advice you hear (especially by supplements companies) are just marketing/ways to make more $..

Last edited by Jebus (2011-04-20 10:54:34)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

Jebus wrote:

You're really the first person I've ever heard stating that.
Then you haven't read up enough about it.

http://www.creatinemonohydrate.net/creatine_doses.html

Read at the bottom.

http://www.creatine-monohydrate.org/creatine-faqs.htm

The creatine loading phase is not necessary. Your muscles will get just as saturated without the loading phase, it will just take slightly longer.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5926|Belgium
Thanks for those, will read more in depth later, but I learned a bit

Haven't used creatine yet, but I was thinking of using it after summer..
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam
Didnt you already gain a ton from just food?
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5926|Belgium
Me? Not really. I have to make quite an effort to stuff myself all day long to even notice small weight gains. I manage though, so can't complain. I'm more interested in the strength gains creatine would bring, so I think it would go along nicely with another 'cycle' of Bill Starr.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam
oic
How much did you gain over how long?

Last edited by Kampframmer (2011-04-20 11:07:36)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

ghettoperson wrote:

Also, since it's slow acting, should I take just casein on the days I don't work out, or keep up with the whey protein morning and night, with casein before bed?
Sturgeon
+488|5103|Flintshire
I'd probably go for casein at night on both days and whey on the morning of a day after workout as you'll probably need that extra boost of readily available protein when you wake up.
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6989|Lithuania
can anyone recommend a good brand of protein powder?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

can anyone recommend a good brand of protein powder?
ON 100% whey
BSN
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam
oh w8. I dont think BSN makes whey
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam
they make lots of other (protein)supps though.
I now use a dutch brand, but i also used 100% and thats great stuff
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6622|UK

Sturgeon wrote:

I'd probably go for casein at night on both days and whey on the morning of a day after workout as you'll probably need that extra boost of readily available protein when you wake up.
I've heard take creatine in 6-8 week cycles with one week off not too sure why. Loading is pretty pointless I feel just take a small amount everyday make sure to drink enough water too.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

Kampframmer wrote:

oh w8. I dont think BSN makes whey
They make whey. BSN aren't worth it, not for the price.

Gaspari, ON, Thermolife Vasolate (if you can afford it), MuscleMilk and PhD.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5926|Belgium

Kampframmer wrote:

oic
How much did you gain over how long?
Eh, I weigh about 72-73 now, was 65 in september.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

wah1188 wrote:

Sturgeon wrote:

I've heard take creatine in 6-8 week cycles with one week off not too sure why. Loading is pretty pointless I feel just take a small amount everyday make sure to drink enough water too.
Not pointless at all. It does speed up saturation of creatine in the muscles, it just isn't necessary.

Your body grows used to Creatine after about 8 weeks and stops responding to it. To prevent that you need to do it in cycles to get the full effect from it. Same with pre-workout supplements and the sort.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

Sturgeon wrote:

Cool, I'll do that.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

Holy fucking balls, this stuff is so good! It's like drinking brownie mix. I actually feel slightly bad drinking it because I'm convinced that anything this sweet and chocolatey can't be good for me.
Sturgeon
+488|5103|Flintshire
Optimum Nutrition stuff?

Their whey (chocolate flavour) is heavenly, just like nesquik.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

Yeah, ON.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard