Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

wah1188 wrote:

Hmm ZMA might not be too bad at all. Sleep like a baby when taking them! Tried 30kg on each arm for shoulder press last week only managed about 2 good reps. Went up to 32kg this week smashed out 5 reps. Hard to say if it really is down to ZMA. I just like being able to sleep properly.
I find it very hard to understand how you're managing a 90kg bench press, 64kg shoulder press and only 21kg skullcrushers.

Those 5 reps, were they repeated or was it just 5 reps and you failed?

It sounds like you have a massive imbalance with your different muscles, because 21kg on skullcrushers is very little in comparison with your other weights.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam

Zimmer wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

Hmm ZMA might not be too bad at all. Sleep like a baby when taking them! Tried 30kg on each arm for shoulder press last week only managed about 2 good reps. Went up to 32kg this week smashed out 5 reps. Hard to say if it really is down to ZMA. I just like being able to sleep properly.
I find it very hard to understand how you're managing a 90kg bench press, 64kg shoulder press and only 21kg skullcrushers.

It sounds like you have a massive imbalance with your different muscles, because 21kg on skullcrushers is very little in comparison with your other weights.
i bench almost half that, but i do more on my skullcrushers. Maybe you should try and add small amounts of weight to your skullcrushers for each set to see what your max is, because maybe you can do a lot more.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

I misunderstood his last post about skullcrushers. He was doing drop sets, not just doing 21kg. He failed on 21kg, which is fair enough.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam

Zimmer wrote:

I misunderstood his last post about skullcrushers. He was doing drop sets, not just doing 21kg. He failed on 21kg, which is fair enough.
oic
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6763|132 and Bush

11 Bravo wrote:

meh i dont get all these diets.  a few years ago i lost 30 pounds in that time frame just by keeping calories and sodium low.  quite simple really.  i just dont get all these odd diets or fads.
The more overweight you are the quicker you lose. The pace at which you lose has a lot to do with how much you need to drop. .. and in fact most nutritionist advise against dropping weight very fast. You want to make gradual permanent changes to your diet.

I've also gained lean muscle weight. There is nothing odd or trendy about eating moderate portions frequently. .. and paleo (which has been around forever) also calls for reducing caloric intake and salt. If anything is "odd" it's the way we humans have adapted our once natural eating habits to fit our modern hectic lifestyles.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5399|Cleveland, Ohio
well its odd because we were taught 3 meals a day.  so, nutritionists and "experts" are basically full of shit as the years go on.

and that diet is odd.  sorry dude but it is.

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2011-04-19 06:01:19)

Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|5130|Dundee, Scotland.
Did another 15 minutes yesterday, break today, only cause between college and work I can't fit a run in.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

11 Bravo wrote:

well its odd because we were taught 3 meals a day.  so, nutritionists and "experts" are basically full of shit as the years go on.

So wait, because one way can be done, the other ways are "full of shit"? What a fixed view you have on everything.

There are plenty of documented methods/diets that help with weight loss, your way is not the only way and will never be.

It also isn't odd, it's different. Just like your low sodium, low calorie is diet was different.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam

Camm wrote:

Did another 15 minutes yesterday, break today, only cause between college and work I can't fit a run in.
Hows the swimming and cycling going?
11 Bravo
Banned

Zimmer wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

So wait, because one way can be done, the other ways are "full of shit"? What a fixed view you have on everything.

There are plenty of documented methods/diets that help with weight loss, your way is not the only way and will never be.

It also isn't odd, it's different. Just like your low sodium, low calorie is diet was different.
i didnt say the other way was full of shit.  learn to read before you act like mr expert know it all.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

11 Bravo wrote:

i didnt say the other way was full of shit.  learn to read before you act like mr expert know it all.
"so, nutritionists and "experts" are basically full of shit as the years go on."

Means the same. I can read perfectly thanks.
11 Bravo
Banned

Zimmer wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

"so, nutritionists and "experts" are basically full of shit as the years go on."

Means the same. I can read perfectly thanks.
well yes.  every time what i was taught was right then wrong then right then wrong then right.......

its utter bollocks all of it.  a few basic things have always been correct.  dont eat more then you burn and too much sodium is bad.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5340|Sydney
Different people have different goals, hence different diets. Simple really.
11 Bravo
Banned
yes i know and that is not my point ffs.  what i am saying is when people say "experts say this and that" i just roll my eyes.
Jaekus
+957|5340|Sydney
Three meals a day, yes. Are you talking about nutritionists recommending to body builders, athletes or the general population?

All this stuff is correct, or incorrect, depending on context.
11 Bravo
Banned
just stuff we were taught as kids then how it changes so quickly and for every expert that says one thing we can find an equal amount who say the opposite.
Jaekus
+957|5340|Sydney
But what we were taught as kids is correct, when we are kids.

When we are adults and want to gain muscle, or lose fat, or gain weight, there are different rules that apply.

edit: I think it's also too complex to teach kids about caloric deficit/excess, required protein, carbs at certain times of day and so forth. It's much simpler to say "three meals a day, make them healthy and a few healthy snacks in between Have a treat every so often".

All this is along similar lines, just put under the microscope a bit more.

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-04-19 06:42:59)

11 Bravo
Banned
they dont teach that...even in high school.  they may now but not then.  you cannot argue that there is way to much crap out there and for every expert who says A is good for you...you will find just as many who say A is bad

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2011-04-19 06:47:11)

Jaekus
+957|5340|Sydney
Thing is, when you're working out and doing it hard, your body needs fuel at certain times to make it effective. Working out implies certain goals, but diet is half of it. Just to maintain a healthy body through diet alone, that's what is taught in schools. If you're lifting heavy weights to the point of failure and moving on to another exercise and doing it again, and again, you need to make sure your body is getting all it needs to make the point of such stresses worthwhile. Hence the particular diets posted here. Make sense?
11 Bravo
Banned
yes i know this.  still not my point.  what i am saying and keep saying is for every person who says do it this way a bunch will so no, do it this way.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6972|NÃ¥rvei

11 Bravo wrote:

yes i know this.  still not my point.  what i am saying and keep saying is for every person who says do it this way a bunch will so no, do it this way.
There are some general rules and then there are tailor made nutrition ... the first is just common sense and the latter depends on training programmes, how your body reacts and how it burns calories etc etc ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6622|UK

Zimmer wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

Just one set of 5 reps. Erm I got really ill towards the end of last year so I doubt I can bench 90kg anymore more like 70-80kg. Skullcrushers I'd probably max out at 35-40kg I find it quite hard to move up in weight on them without completely destroying my form.

Oh and I meant 21's as in the bicep exercise 7 halve curls, 7 full curls and 7 curls when you're at the top.

Last edited by wah1188 (2011-04-19 09:08:40)

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+691|6453|Washington St.

wah1188 wrote:

Oh and I meant 21's as in the bicep exercise 7 halve curls, 7 full curls and 7 curls when you're at the top.
Is that how you do them? I always did 7 bottom half, 7 top half, then 7 full. I suppose in the end it's all the same
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6622|UK
Nah I usually do half, full and the top. That's just the way I typed it out.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6763|132 and Bush

11 Bravo wrote:

I eat 3 meals a day and snack on something healthy between meals. This somehow veers from what most nutritionist say?
I don't think you fully understand the diet. tbh. Note I also said I don't do the extreme version.

But to be frank I don't really care if it is apparently odd. It works for me.. I never really feel hungry, the food taste good, I have more energy than ever, and I've dropped (fat) weight in a healthy manner.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard