ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

Cool, ordered 1kg of chocolate to see how it goes. 1 scoop a day sufficient?
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6486|New Haven, CT

Zimmer wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Is milk an acceptable substitute for cottage cheese?
No.

Milk per 100g contains on average about 3g of protein and 5g of carbohydrates and 2g of fat; whereas the same for cottage cheese contains about 13g of protein, 3g of carbohydrates and 2.5g of fat.

Does not compare. That was semi skimmed milk by the way.
If you drink skim milk, it has no fat and less than half the calories of cottage cheese per 100g. Wouldn't that mean you can drink more to compensate?
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5926|Belgium
I get my cottage cheese from the 'aldi' (not sure if you guys have it near you..)

It's not really cottage cheese, but it's the closest match. 11g protein/100g. And only €0.50 or so for 500g.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam
All this diet talk made me think about mine. I've sort made my diet revolve around my workout time (which was late, also because else, the gym was packed). But now that i have a home gym i can work out at any time i want and make my workout and diet more in balance, rather than one depending on the other.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam
So here's what i currently eat/drink:
bf: oats banana
snack1: protein shake(1scoop)
l:300g of chicken
d:varies. Mostly healthy
Workout
pre-wo:protein shake (2scoops)
Snack2:Peanuts
At least 1L of whole milk throughout the day and plenty of water. Also make my shakes with 1 banana in em (so 3 bananas in total per day)

I know its far from perfect, but as i said, i made it revolve around my workout scedule, and im not a huge eater so this was already quite an accomplishment for me.

But heres my new idea:
bf:oats, banana
snack1: 1scoop shake
l:300g chicken
Workout
2scoop shake pre-wo
Dinner
snack2: 3 eggs

seems better. I'm not very fond of the large chicken meal, because as i said, im not a big eater so its always a challenge to eat it all but have little choice i guess.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6353|Roma
Fuck. I don't know how you guys can be arsed to keep such a rigid diet. I attempted to do it a bit in groundschool, but I got bored of the food and i got lazy.
I'm just going to live life a bit tbh. I'll take a healthier/more protein option if I can, but I'm not going to be too anal about it.
I applaud.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6486|New Haven, CT
Honestly, I really can't structure a diet like that either given that I eat in dining halls. I just try to consume a balanced diet high in protein in the proper caloric range and ensure I have a snack high in either protein or energy directly after a workout.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6622|UK
Man how do you survive not eating after a workout! Probably before and after are the most important times to eat. Bananas are a great pre workout snack.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6486|New Haven, CT

wah1188 wrote:

Man how do you survive not eating after a workout! Probably before and after are the most important times to eat. Bananas are a great pre workout snack.
Is this directed at me?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

wah1188 wrote:

Prior to me actually paying attention to what I ate, I'd eat quite a lot of carbs for dinner so it just kept me going until breakfast.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5340|Sydney
You can make some good variations on chicken meals.
A couple I like are chicken kebabs and mexican chicken with salad (make them yourself).

Chicken Kebabs:
Just dice the chicken with whatever vegetables you like (I use red capsicum, mushrooms and sometimes zucchini). Push them onto wooden BBQ skewers and grill them. Serve with whatever you like, maybe a salad and a little sauce to taste. Takes 15 minutes.

Jake's Mexican Chicken:
Dice a chicken breast, put the pieces in a freezer bag with some packet-bought burrito mix (just enough for a bit of flavour). Tie off the end (you can just do this with your fingers, or just hold the end so it's airtight) and shake till pieces are lightly covered. Heat a pan with a little olive oil and cook the chicken. Serve on top of pre-bought salad mix and some diced tomato. Takes about 10 minutes.

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-04-18 14:04:24)

Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5926|Belgium

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Fuck. I don't know how you guys can be arsed to keep such a rigid diet. I attempted to do it a bit in groundschool, but I got bored of the food and i got lazy.
I'm just going to live life a bit tbh. I'll take a healthier/more protein option if I can, but I'm not going to be too anal about it.
I applaud.
That's entirely up to you. If that suits you, awesome. I try to make the most healthy choice every time too, but I won't feel bad when I'll eat something 'bad'. I'm not a pro or anything (and even then..) so as you said, you should't be 'giving up life'.

Although, that depends from person to person again. Was reading a Joseph Rakich thread earlier today (my goal, physique-wise), and what he said really striked me. That guy is so spot on with his diet, and the results really show for it. The particular quote had something to do with counting even the almonds he eats per day. So it's really up to you how far you're willing to take this, but you have to realise it's a lifestyle.

Then again, Arnold said these:
"The guys who are working their way up often say they have to sleep ten hours a day and they try not to get laid more than three times a week, but, sooner or later, most of them find out that all this means ****. Whether you sleep two hours or ten, get laid a dozen times a week or not at all, eat three meals or five, at the end of the week you look absolutely the same; there's no difference."

"oui: Do you use dope?

SCHWARZENEGGER: Yes, grass and hash—no hard drugs. But the point is that I do what I feel like doing. I'm not on a health kick. I know I should take vitamins, for example, but I forget half the time. I just can't be bothered carrying around a lot of little bottles. Once I get outside the gym, I forget all about body building. I can look at a chick who's a little out of shape and if she turns me on, I won't hesitate to date her. If she's a good ****, she can weigh 150 pounds, I don't care."

"I'm a competitive bodybuilder; I'm not training just to be healthy. Ninety-five percent of the people training with weights are into this health thing, and it's a different mentality entirely. As far as I'm concerned, it's bull****; otherwise I wouldn't drink. I make my protein drink with whiskey. People think I'm crazy, but that's the way I am. I get stoned, I do my own thing."
Jaekus
+957|5340|Sydney
Hahaha that is awesome. I feel a lot better now
Is he actually serious about the whiskey thing though??

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-04-18 14:29:56)

Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5926|Belgium
I'm not sure, who knows if he was joking..

Read it here:
http://www.ratemyarms.com/interviews/ar … umero-uno/

Or number 9.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adNw0tuLrEU

Last edited by Jebus (2011-04-18 14:38:47)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

Would everyone think I was a douche if I wore a Arnold is Numero Uno shirt at the gym? For the record, I don't own one.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam

Jaekus wrote:

You can make some good variations on chicken meals.
A couple I like are chicken kebabs and mexican chicken with salad (make them yourself).

Chicken Kebabs:
Just dice the chicken with whatever vegetables you like (I use red capsicum, mushrooms and sometimes zucchini). Push them onto wooden BBQ skewers and grill them. Serve with whatever you like, maybe a salad and a little sauce to taste. Takes 15 minutes.

Jake's Mexican Chicken:
Dice a chicken breast, put the pieces in a freezer bag with some packet-bought burrito mix (just enough for a bit of flavour). Tie off the end (you can just do this with your fingers, or just hold the end so it's airtight) and shake till pieces are lightly covered. Heat a pan with a little olive oil and cook the chicken. Serve on top of pre-bought salad mix and some diced tomato. Takes about 10 minutes.
Thanks. But im a real tasteless person. I can appreciate a meal made a chef with different herbs, spices and veggies i have never heard of, but in the end i prefer something bland and tasteless from a can just as well. In fact, I often favor simple and bland rather than varied and tastefull.
Maybe i should have specified: Its not the taste of the chicken that gets me, its just the amount in 1 meal.
I just cut it in small bits (or buy em that way) and dip it in a peanutsauce.

As for all the diet talk, you can do just fine without a strict one, but i prefer it, because it makes it easy for me to keep track of the kcals and protein etc.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6763|132 and Bush

I don't know if I've told you guys this, but I've been doing the paleo diet since the beginning of March and I've lost about 25 lbs. I don't do the extreme verion (I cook my food ) I only eat about a fistful of food at a time, and its mostly grains, nut, meat, and fresh veggies when I do. My only divergence is my protein shakes.

I think the most important thing is how and when you eat... well it was for me. I'm probably eating more now, just less at a time.

Burn as you go and don't let those calories turn into fat. My energy levels have been very high since starting this.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

Kmar wrote:

I don't know if I've told you guys this, but I've been doing the paleo diet since the beginning of March and I've lost about 25 lbs. I don't do the extreme verion (I cook my food ) I only eat about a fistful of food at a time, and its mostly grains, nut, meat, and fresh veggies when I do. My only divergence is my protein shakes.

I think the most important thing is how and when you eat... well it was for me. I'm probably eating more now, just less at a time.

Burn as you go and don't let those calories turn into fat. My energy levels have been very high since starting this.
Can you expand a little on that? Like you wake up, and for breakfast you'll have a handful of nuts (ooherr)? How many times a day do you eat like that?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6763|132 and Bush

ghettoperson wrote:

Kmar wrote:

I don't know if I've told you guys this, but I've been doing the paleo diet since the beginning of March and I've lost about 25 lbs. I don't do the extreme version (I cook my food ) I only eat about a fistful of food at a time, and its mostly grains, nut, meat, and fresh veggies when I do. My only divergence is my protein shakes.

Can you expand a little on that? Like you wake up, and for breakfast you'll have a handful of nuts (ooherr)? How many times a day do you eat like that?
Breakfast usually consist of something like an egg and a banana. Nuts and seed are for 'snacking' and are not salted. The difficult part is just having food prepared and ready. I usually prepare a whole weeks worth of food at a time.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5399|Cleveland, Ohio
meh i dont get all these diets.  a few years ago i lost 30 pounds in that time frame just by keeping calories and sodium low.  quite simple really.  i just dont get all these odd diets or fads.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

Kampframmer wrote:

Workout
At least 1L of whole milk throughout the day and plenty of water. Also make my shakes with 1 banana in em (so 3 bananas in total per day)

I know its far from perfect, but as i said, i made it revolve around my workout scedule, and im not a huge eater so this was already quite an accomplishment for me.

But heres my new idea:
Workout
2scoop shake pre-wo
Dinner

seems better. I'm not very fond of the large chicken meal, because as i said, im not a big eater so its always a challenge to eat it all but have little choice i guess.
Where are your vegetables?

@ 11 Bravo - most of these diets are not for losing weight though... And all they are is healthy food with more protein during the day. Not exactly a "fad" or "odd" diet.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5399|Cleveland, Ohio
he lost 25 pounds so thats a diet
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5004|Amsterdam

Zimmer wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Workout

But heres my new idea:
Workout
2scoop shake pre-wo
Dinner

Where are your vegetables?

@ 11 Bravo - most of these diets are not for losing weight though... And all they are is healthy food with more protein during the day. Not exactly a "fad" or "odd" diet.
~200g of veggies at dinner
Jaekus
+957|5340|Sydney

11 Bravo wrote:

he lost 25 pounds so thats a diet
You eat food, that's a diet.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6622|UK
Hmm ZMA might not be too bad at all. Sleep like a baby when taking them! Tried 30kg on each arm for shoulder press last week only managed about 2 good reps. Went up to 32kg this week smashed out 5 reps. Hard to say if it really is down to ZMA. I just like being able to sleep properly.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard