Arnie press
BB rows

Squats
Bench press
Good mornings
Skullcrushers
Tri extensions
I'd try and do them this way imo.
Start with heavy exercises (Squats and bench) and try and finish on light. Also, finish the heavy exercises with a pull back exercise.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5005|Amsterdam

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

squats
benchpress
incline bench press
curls
preacher curls

Deadlifts
OHP
Arnie press
BB rows

Squats
Bench press
Good mornings
Skullcrushers
Tri extensions
I'd try and do them this way imo.
Start with heavy exercises (Squats and bench) and try and finish on light. Also, finish the heavy exercises with a pull back exercise.
i would like to do deadlifts last or at least second to last because it really drains me. But as i said: The order needed improvement. Seems okey this way with the deadlifts (second to) last
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

Kampframmer wrote:

okey so heres what i thought of real quick:
benchpress
incline bench press
curls
preacher curls
squats

OHP
Arnie press
BB rows
Deadlifts

Skullcrushers
Tri extensions
Squats
Good mornings
Bench press

This way i do becnh press and squats twice and without doing squats and deadlifts on the same day.
Doing 2 muscle groups each day and an extra squat on mon and bench press on fri.

I might change the order in which i do it later this weekend
Why are you bench pressing twice?

Also, you're not advanced enough for a 4 day-split. Nowhere near that man.

Your first layout of the A/B was decent. But you should be doing it like so:
Imagine the numbers are days:
1. A 2. R 3. B 4. R 5. A 6. R 7. R
1. B 2. R 3. A 4. R 5. B 6. R 7. R

Then repeat for 6-8 weeks.

You are nowhere near the point where you should be doing back to back workouts. You will not gain anything from it because it's a ridiculous step up.

My current routine consists of:
Mon: Workout.
Tuesday: Workout.
Wednesday: rest
Thursday: Workout.
Friday: rest
Saturday: Workout.
Sunday: Workout.

I've gone through the 2 workouts a week, 3 workouts a week, 4 workouts a week. It's been years man. This is the only way I can gain now, but you should not be doing more than 2 exercises per body group right now. I do 3-4 and 4 sets of them.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5005|Amsterdam

Zimmer wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

okey so heres what i thought of real quick:
benchpress
incline bench press
curls
preacher curls
squats

OHP
Arnie press
BB rows
Deadlifts

Skullcrushers
Tri extensions
Squats
Good mornings
Bench press

This way i do becnh press and squats twice and without doing squats and deadlifts on the same day.
Doing 2 muscle groups each day and an extra squat on mon and bench press on fri.

I might change the order in which i do it later this weekend
Why are you bench pressing twice?

Also, you're not advanced enough for a 4 day-split. Nowhere near that man.

Your first layout of the A/B was decent. But you should be doing it like so:
Imagine the numbers are days:
1. A 2. R 3. B 4. R 5. A 6. R 7. R
1. B 2. R 3. A 4. R 5. B 6. R 7. R

Then repeat for 6-8 weeks.

You are nowhere near the point where you should be doing back to back workouts. You will not gain anything from it because it's a ridiculous step up.

My current routine consists of:
Mon: Workout.
Tuesday: Workout.
Wednesday: rest
Thursday: Workout.
Friday: rest
Saturday: Workout.
Sunday: Workout.

I've gone through the 2 workouts a week, 3 workouts a week, 4 workouts a week. It's been years man. This is the only way I can gain now, but you should not be doing more than 2 exercises per body group right now. I do 3-4 and 4 sets of them.
Well, i knew i wasnt advanced enough for 4 days a week, that why im switching.

But i guess i could go do it that way, but when i do, do i need to go up every week or progress on A/B only when its twice (or once)?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

Kampframmer wrote:

But i guess i could go do it that way, but when i do, do i need to go up every week or progress on A/B only when its twice (or once)?
Hypertrophy training is different from SL. You don't need to go up every week, you go up when you want to. I go up maybe every second same workout (so for Chest and Shoulders I'd go up on the second workout of that muscle group) and it works great. If you want to go up every week then so be it. Because you're doing different body parts on different days it shouldn't make a massive difference when you choose to put on more weight.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5005|Amsterdam

Zimmer wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Hypertrophy training is different from SL. You don't need to go up every week, you go up when you want to. I go up maybe every second same workout (so for Chest and Shoulders I'd go up on the second workout of that muscle group) and it works great. If you want to go up every week then so be it. Because you're doing different body parts on different days it shouldn't make a massive difference when you choose to put on more weight.
Every second workout seems like something i wouldnt be able to keep up with right now. I'll try and increase the A or B on the weeks that i do em once. Gives a sort of try out set/full exercise to see if i'm capable of using that weight.

Thanks for the help
ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

My legs are still fucked from Wednesday. Which wouldn't be a problem, except SL says squats every workout. This is only because I haven't worked my legs properly in ages, after this or the next workout they should be fine. Anyway, what's the best plan: workout today, but do less weight on squats, or let them rest another day and workout tomorrow?
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6353|Roma
Workout today, but start with a lighter weight and continue adding 2.5kg each time so you can cope.
When you get to the point where it aches for more than a day after then consider having the middle squat of a week 20kg or so lighter to give some relief.

my 0.02p
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

ghettoperson wrote:

My legs are still fucked from Wednesday. Which wouldn't be a problem, except SL says squats every workout. This is only because I haven't worked my legs properly in ages, after this or the next workout they should be fine. Anyway, what's the best plan: workout today, but do less weight on squats, or let them rest another day and workout tomorrow?
That pain shouldn't be bad pain, it should be "shit I've worked them out real well" pain... which should mean you can push through the next set of squats. You're not going to injure yourself, your muscles are just adapting to said workout.

I wouldn't lower the weights simply because you're then going up and down and up and down due to muscle pain. You shouldn't be getting any more pains after 3rd workout. If you are, then something is wrong.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

Ok sweet.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5005|Amsterdam
Telling the difference between muscle soreness and the bad kind of pain is pretty crucial, as you should push through muscle soreness, but not through a potential injury.
So make sure that you know whats what.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6811

Nah it's just soreness, not pain.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5005|Amsterdam

ghettoperson wrote:

cool.

No pain no gain
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

Kampframmer wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

cool.

No pain no gain
Spot on.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5005|Amsterdam

Zimmer wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

cool.

No pain no gain
Spot on.
lol
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5341|Sydney
If you've got muscle soreness that's a good sign your previous workout was on the money.
You might find working them again will actually slightly reduce the pain afterwards.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6486|New Haven, CT
Bench press at 135 (61.4) and squat at 235 (106.8).
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6918|Scotland

nukchebi0 wrote:

Not bad, is that on a 5x5 regime or 3x10/4x8?
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6486|New Haven, CT

Zimmer wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Not bad, is that on a 5x5 regime or 3x10/4x8?
It's on a 8, 8, 6, 6, so I guess 4x8 is the closest approximation. I assume a hybrid like that is okay?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6763|132 and Bush

What types of curls do you guys prefer for your bi's? I've heard in the past that hammer curls are good for building your peak. I'm not a fan of preacher curls myself. I used to try to isolate the muscles I was working on. Now I like to get other muscles involved. Preacher curls take a lot of the stress off of the shoulders.

A buddy of mine always works out more than one muscle at a time. For example he does his shoulders he will start each rep squatted with dumbells in each hand, arms fully extended. He comes up and simultaneously raises his arms out. Back in the daywe called that cheating ..lol.
However, if you do it slow and controlled it's not cheating at all. Balance is the key. It's a good way to work both your legs and your shoulders. He does it to build his explosive power in the ring. He also does something similar with a squat to standing military press. I'm going to try his method ..
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6763|132 and Bush

Jaekus wrote:

If you've got muscle soreness that's a good sign your previous workout was on the money.
You might find working them again will actually slightly reduce the pain afterwards.
Right, your body is simply saying, "wait .. i'm still repairing here buddy". Muscles don't get stiff and sore without reason. Once your body is conditioned it will repair faster. The human body and evolution .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jaekus
+957|5341|Sydney
Yeah, you keep doing it and your body has no choice but to adjust.

I've noticed over the past few weeks I'm slowly getting off track here. Haven't done a 3x workouts in a week for 4-5 weeks now, and I've been drinking more and eating a bit more shit food, eg. I had subway for lunch yesterday and a pizza for dinner, but I was at a LAN and had no access to a supermarket to buy anything healthy. I did make an effort the other night not to get takeaway and instead find a late night supermarket to buy a chicken breast and a couple tomatoes to put with some salad I had at home so I'm not completely off track.

Anyone have any good methods for getting their motivation back? I did buy some new jeans a size smaller which was great (down from a 34" waist to a 32), except it now accentuates the fat I still have to lose
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6763|132 and Bush

Trying to lose weight? Put your scale in your kitchen, take a picture of yourself and tape it to the fridge.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jaekus
+957|5341|Sydney
I live in a sharehouse so no, but good suggestion. I'm good at buying stuff and eating healthy at home. It's when I don't eat at home I worry.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|5005|Amsterdam

Kmar wrote:

Trying to lose weight? Put your scale in your kitchen, take a picture of yourself and tape it to the fridge.
the picture thing might get a bit creepy when you have people coming over

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard