lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi … hooter-Mod

I pride myself on a belief that regardless of what is put in front of us, we are responsible for how we respond. However, this game does cross a line in my mind. When I explore why, given the fact that there is plenty of murder and mayhem in video games anyway, I will let ya know.

In the mean time, what do you think?
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

honestly, not a big deal. People are people, and the game ( or rather, the debate about it ) will go away as soon as the media find something else to play with. Of course, it is offensive and stuff, but that's not a valid criteria for banning it, I guess.
13rin
+977|6449
Well that's sick.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
+1 To whoever in BF2s gets the high score.

But really, it is sick.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
13rin
+977|6449

This guy seems to be only shooting the black people....  .. A whole new layer of idiocy.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
BALTINS
ಠ_ಠ
+37|6456|Latvia
getting money/popularity/whatever by creating controversy, what a novelty idea.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

13rin wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R4_mYYB … re=related

This guy seems to be only shooting the black people....  .. A whole new layer of idiocy.
That's lame they aren't even running from him.
13rin
+977|6449
Yea.. and the black guys didn't return fire... kidding.
13rin
+977|6449
and they are all wearing prison like attire.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
Guy makes basically scripted source mod in order to gain press coverage and attention. Media flocks all over it.

Guy 1 - Media 0
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Poseidon wrote:

Guy makes basically scripted source mod in order to gain press coverage and attention. Media flocks all over it.

Guy 1 - Media 0
only other gameplay video I can find and well it looks like you are right there.

O yeah and insert something about free speech and other stuff here
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Honestly, even I could make a map like that with a little bit of training, and I know not one damn thing about how to mod or scripting. This guy accomplished exactly what he was trying to do. Create furor and controversy.

edit: Fuck sake you can even still see Gordon Freeman's orange suit when he reloads.

Last edited by Poseidon (2011-04-14 07:51:53)

13rin
+977|6449
Yea... The game looks like gta3 in FPS mode.  ie. shitty.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
That's an insult to GTAIII.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6547|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Shit game srsly, could have put some more effort on it...but well, it does the job, people talk about it!
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5931|Places 'n such
looks more like you're shooting up a janitor convention, what school does everyone wear blue jumpsuits at?

e: why not scale the models down and say you're in a proper school, go crazy with the controversy?

Last edited by presidentsheep (2011-04-14 09:59:08)

I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
looks like an attention whore

nothing new here
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
Works as an attention whore idea...
Still stupid.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
I thought of making a map out of my school once, just because the architecture itself is pretty good, and would like to see it render

I got the change to digitize it in revit,

looked pretty cool, but revit's render engine is crappy.

>.<
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD
can't wait for the iPad version!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I was about to be offended until I saw that they weren't actually kids being shot and that it looked so boring. Seriously, I could find more offensive stuff in an art museum for Fox to chew on.

But it's the thought that's sick. +1 to Rockstar's Bully for not using guns.
Blue Herring
+13|4775
Well, less a game and more a half-assed mod with a bunch of npcs thrown in for a game that's, what, 7 years old now?

I guess you need something to be offended at between Bioware showing brief alien ass and Bioware showing thoughtful touching in grannie panties.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North
shit game, who cares
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

krazed wrote:

shit game, who cares
So your opinion is, if the game was spectacular, you would approve?
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.

lowing wrote:

krazed wrote:

shit game, who cares
So your opinion is, if the game was spectacular, you would approve?
If the game was well made and entertaining, I would. It's just a game, and it's just pixels.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard