TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5985|Toronto
Same thing happened to me. They hacked me, changed my password and started spamming all my contacts. I had to terminate the account.

Also: gmail.
I like pie.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6179|Sydney | ♥

Winston_Churchill wrote:

tazz. wrote:

Finally, if you have a droid phone - you can sync all the contacts here with you phone - plus you can backup your SMSs to your gmail account too.
Wow, thats something I would never want to have.  Google peeks at enough of my info as it is, they dont need to see my text messages too.  And who hasnt disabled emails from facebook completely? I did that a good 3-4 years ago...
Lol - I've never understood why people get so worked up about computers reading your mail.

THe only time I was like, oh damn, was when I was going out with a chick, and a google add came up with "WOuld you like to buy <Girls Name> a bunch of flowers? Visit <company link>"

Also - I enjoy being alerted on my phone/browser when there is an important update for me on facebook. I'm onto those poke wars in 3 seconds, flat.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6743|Toronto | Canada

tazz. wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

tazz. wrote:

Finally, if you have a droid phone - you can sync all the contacts here with you phone - plus you can backup your SMSs to your gmail account too.
Wow, thats something I would never want to have.  Google peeks at enough of my info as it is, they dont need to see my text messages too.  And who hasnt disabled emails from facebook completely? I did that a good 3-4 years ago...
Lol - I've never understood why people get so worked up about computers reading your mail.

THe only time I was like, oh damn, was when I was going out with a chick, and a google add came up with "WOuld you like to buy <Girls Name> a bunch of flowers? Visit <company link>"

Also - I enjoy being alerted on my phone/browser when there is an important update for me on facebook. I'm onto those poke wars in 3 seconds, flat.
Because its an invasion of my privacy.  And text messages are a pretty personal one.  Plus if theres a leak... yay my messages are everywhere.  Why would it be necessary at all to store them there?

If you have a phone with email you should be able to get fb notifications on it.  Completely removes the need for their email spam.  And if youre in the browser it shows up in the browser that you have a notification...
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6179|Sydney | ♥

Winston_Churchill wrote:

tazz. wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Because its an invasion of my privacy.  And text messages are a pretty personal one.  Plus if theres a leak... yay my messages are everywhere.  Why would it be necessary at all to store them there?

If you have a phone with email you should be able to get fb notifications on it.  Completely removes the need for their email spam.  And if youre in the browser it shows up in the browser that you have a notification...
I rom my phone more frequently than I change my underwear - and I like to read over past sms, as I do with my emails.

I guess I just don't care if people see what I txt. - at all.

I also share my location with my mates using latitude. That'll rustle yo feathers.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5488|Bolingbrook, Illinois

Winston_Churchill wrote:

tazz. wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

its not an invasion of privacy if you let them.

do you really think that some random google employee will randomly pick your gmail account out of millions of other?
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6134|North Tonawanda, NY

HaiBai wrote:

do you really think that some random google employee will randomly pick your gmail account out of millions of other?
security through obscurity...lol
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6743|Toronto | Canada

SenorToenails wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

yeah... thats not privacy.  and i was talking about them caching google searches, gmail emails, etc. kind of like how nothing is ever deleted from facebook.  giving them even more personal stuff is ridiculous to me

and why would that matter? its still possible.  and what if it got leaked, like i said?  all of your texts, emails, everything on the internet.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6179|Sydney | ♥

Winston_Churchill wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

yeah... thats not privacy.  and i was talking about them caching google searches, gmail emails, etc. kind of like how nothing is ever deleted from facebook.  giving them even more personal stuff is ridiculous to me

and why would that matter? its still possible.  and what if it got leaked, like i said?  all of your texts, emails, everything on the internet.
I'm sure someone would have a good laugh.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6160|Vancouver | Canada
I don't think I'd ever recover.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard