Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6148|'straya

Cybargs wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Maybe they should bring something like the "Citizens Force" (or "Home Guard") back in. Not compulsory, but voluntary service with the guarantee not to be deployed overseas.
Isn't that the whole point of reservists lol. They should never deploy reservists imo.
Meant to be, but unfortunately isn't. Reservists have been deployed to East Timor and the Solomon Islands in recent years.

They just need to get recruitment numbers up in the regular Army so that Reservists don't have to deploy overseas.

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2011-04-03 23:21:29)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX

tazz. wrote:

I've always wanted to do liek 12 months in the reserve or whatever, but never wanted the risk that I might be shipped off.

I'm happy to defend on our shore, but I aint leaving our country to fight someone elses war.

you know?
This is one of the reasons I gave up on the Territorial Army.
Defending the country is one thing, dying for Halliburton is another.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Maybe they should bring something like the "Citizens Force" (or "Home Guard") back in. Not compulsory, but voluntary service with the guarantee not to be deployed overseas.
Isn't that the whole point of reservists lol. They should never deploy reservists imo.
Meant to be, but unfortunately isn't. Reservists have been deployed to East Timor and the Solomon Islands in recent years.

They just need to get recruitment numbers up in the regular Army so that Reservists don't have to deploy overseas.
Isn't there like 27k in regular army? How is that not enough people to get deployed. I think the whole point of deploying reserves unit is just to send them in as cannon fodder.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6148|'straya

Cybargs wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Isn't there like 27k in regular army? How is that not enough people to get deployed. I think the whole point of deploying reserves unit is just to send them in as cannon fodder.
Reservist roles are volunteer based (unlike regular army), it is actually highly competitive to get deployed as a reservist. They need reservists to supplement the regular army who are tied up in more serious conflicts (Iraq/Afghanistan), but it is completely voluntary. Reservists aren't part of the initial force either, the Army goes in, and if things settle down after a few years they call the reservists in to act as caretakers lol.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS
Anyone catch Q&A tonight?

Kevin Rudd. Holy shit. The man still has it. Awe-inspiring political form.

This is going to cause chaos in the party room though. As well as lead to some very interesting stories tomorrow.

Love it.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

missed it.

Now I want to know what was said. lol
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Spark
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS
not going to describe it. you have to watch it.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I'm pretty tired of politicians outclevering each other in talkfests.
I'd like to see them do something useful.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6438|King Of The Islands

Spark wrote:

Sauce bottles were shaken.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Spark
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS

Dilbert_X wrote:

I like Q&A tbh. A useful grounding for pollies.

Generally speaking Parliament outside of QT is useful (trust me, I've listened to enough of it - it's very boring seeing actual work get done), disregarding farces such as last Monday.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS

Cheez wrote:

Spark wrote:

Sauce bottles were shaken.
7:30 report land quakes.
~ Richard Feynman
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Spark wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

I like Q&A tbh. A useful grounding for pollies.

Generally speaking Parliament outside of QT is useful (trust me, I've listened to enough of it - it's very boring seeing actual work get done), disregarding farces such as last Monday.
I see no value, they never do what they say so who cares?
Assess them on their record.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6173|Sydney | ♥

My mates and I sometimes record the house of reps - and take a shot mouthfull each time the guy screams ORDA! OORRDAA!! XD

..we used to do shots, never again. XD
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

I like Rudd. His name is easy to type and his voice is actually nice to listen to. I have no idea why Labor decided to replace him with bogan-voiced Gillard who is useless at diplomacy and politics.

Two unforgivable mistakes that immediately come to mind:

- Announcing plans for an East Timor asylum seeker processing centre without telling East Timor.
- "There will be no carbon price under a Government I lead" ... "Whoops, I guess there will be."

On Q+A Rudd basically said that scrapping his ETS was a mistake but his hand was forced by un-named senior Labor members. The Opposition obviously insists that he's referring to Gillard and to be honest I wouldn't put it past her. I understand why Rudd would be a little pissed off after the bungled ETS would have been Gillard's main reason for taking over the leadership and then BAM she makes a bigger dog's breakfast of it so a little snide sniping may be hard to resist. I think that beneath the warm, smiley, pudgy exterior is the cold heart and seething rage of a man scorned... either that or Jasper's pulling the strings.

Another topic, it amazes me how fast Australia is returning to it's "island prison" roots. How many bloody asylum seeker processing centres, (which sounds like you're making sausages out of 'em by the way,) do you guys have? Chris Bowen announced a new one today and current ones are literally bursting at the seems with only two, (one in WA on in the NT,) being constructed. You know I can't think of anouther country where immigrants are imprisoned upon arrival... maybe one of the bad ones. Although I can fully empathise with the "I'll deal with it later" mentality you guys are seriously running out of sock draws and I'm getting concerned that you'll start thinking about stashing things in little brother's room, (i.e. New Zealand.)
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6148|'straya
Hey that's a good idea! Lets send them all to NZ, you guys need more people right?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Ty wrote:

I like Rudd. His name is easy to type and his voice is actually nice to listen to. I have no idea why Labor decided to replace him with bogan-voiced Gillard who is useless at diplomacy and politics.
You're welcome to both.

Rudd screwed up a good number of things and wasted billions of dollars through stupidity and micro-management.
That and he was more interested than strutting the world stage than being PM.
Spark
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS
Gillard pre, IIRC, 2008 was a fairly brutal and vicious political operator. Nasty attack dog, puts Tony Abbott's current incarnation in the shade.

Last edited by Spark (2011-04-05 03:53:52)

~ Richard Feynman
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

I reckon that Gillard was a good deputy but that doesn't make her a good leader. There have been a number of good deputies who have completely fluffed it upon becoming leader. It's like Opposition Leaders too, some are really good at it, (and no I wouldn't consider Tony Abbott good at it,) but make crappy leaders. Abbott, if he ever gets the chance, may turn out to be a great PM despite being a below average Opposition Leader, (in my opinion of course.)

By the way what's this I hear about Channel 10 possibly giving Andrew Bolt his own "Fox News-type" talk show? Does Australia really want a misinformed fear-mongering Bill O'Reilly clone? Granted I don't know much about Bolt but the possibility of the show was described as being "Fox News-type" and Bolt's #1 fan Gina Rinehart seems to be backing it.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Spark
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS
I actually have zero idea what TAbbott would be like as PM. He could be brilliant or dreadful. Because his entire tenure in OppLeader has been about attack, attack, attack, attack, attack. He has been deliberately vague and very very small-c conservative with his own policy announcements. Some of that has been woefully misguided and exposed him badly (NBN in particular pre-election), but it would seem that what it's done is prevented the government from being capable of casting a too critical eye over their own policies - given he has the always-useful justification of "you can't make policy from opposition". Really it's inline with the philosophy I posted early - for the Lib party, the entire object is government. Once you get to government then you start working out detailed policy with the extended resources you get from government. On the other hand, the ALP has always been more conducive, IMO, to ideas, so they tend to front up with big ideas to get elected to government, then try to implement them from there.

The former is better in theory but it leaves an awful amount to chance and does demand an unusually great deal of trust from the public.
~ Richard Feynman
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6221|Brisneyland

spark wrote:

Once you get to government then you start working out detailed policy with the extended resources you get from government. On the other hand, the ALP has always been more conducive, IMO, to ideas, so they tend to front up with big ideas to get elected to government, then try to implement them from there.
Thats actually a pretty good take on the parties. Libs have a "born to rule" attitude, and will do anything to be in office. Big ideas come from Labor, unfortunately they dont all work.

Q+A was great on Monday. I dont think Rudd has any chance of coming back, but I dont blame him for saying what he said. I think he makes a pretty good foreign minister anyway. Gillard is still a big dissapointment, especially as she is bagging the greens at a time when she needs them most. v.shortsighted. Abbott seems to be keeping a low profile lately, labor is doing the hard yards for him at the moment.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715
http://www.smh.com.au/national/sex-scan … 1d3k1.html

What was the commandant thinking... Making her apologise to the cadets at ADFA for being humiliated after she exhausted all her options?

LBJ: Since you're at ADFA... Was this girl hot?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6148|'straya
Now I can't really comment.

But I will say that it is not as cut and dry as the media and even the defence minister is making out. The media are trying to portray her as this great victim when that certainly isn't the case. She was under review with the possibility of termination from ADFA for previous (and quite serious) incidents. 

That said I am in no way condoning what the guys did, but this story isn't exactly being told straight.

As for your second question Cybargs, no lol.

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2011-04-06 05:04:36)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Now I can't really comment.

But I will say that it is not as cut and dry as the media and even the defence minister is making out. The media are trying to portray her as this great victim when that certainly isn't the case. She was under review with the possibility of termination from ADFA for previous (and quite serious) incidents. 

That said I am in no way condoning what the guys did, but this story isn't exactly being told straight.

As for your second question Cybargs, no lol.
It's one thing to say she was a retard for fratenizing but it's another for the commandant to outcast her for going to the media about it. I'd agree that the guys are assholes and the girl is slightly retarded (insert joke about how easy air force girls are).

Edit: Damn that girl has done a lot of shit to face a lot of previous charges for termination.

As for my second question: why would guys watch an ugly chick fuck, that's some weird shit yo.

Last edited by Cybargs (2011-04-06 05:10:05)

Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6148|'straya
It would be unwise for me to post opinion about the actions of the chain of command, but it is standard procedure and is drilled into every defence member that you NEVER go to the media without it being cleared through proper channels. She claims that she wasn't given a proper voice etc, but the only reason she found out about it is because a defence investigator informed her of it (after a tip by another cadet). So to go from there, straight to channel 10 is pretty poor as she didn't even wait for the outcome of any hearings or disciplinary action.

I realise that might sound like a cover up or something, but that is how things are done.

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2011-04-06 05:22:03)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

It would be unwise for me to post opinion about the actions of the chain of command, but it is standard procedure and is drilled into every defence member that you NEVER go to the media without it being cleared through proper channels. She claims that she wasn't given a proper voice etc, but the only reason she found out about it is because a defence investigator informed her of it (after a tip by another cadet). So to go from there, straight to channel 10 is pretty poor as she didn't even wait for the outcome of any hearings or disciplinary action.

I realise that might sound like a cover up or something, but that is how things are done.
Naw I understand sounds like SOP. But making her apologize in front of the cadets kinda took it a bit too far imo, commadant isn't gonna score any points with anyone soon.

But yeah this sounds like some huge drama llama at adfa.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard