Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6160|'straya
Well that completely untrue here anyway. Motorbikes are probably much more popular here due to the climate/landscape.

As for bikie gangs, if they all rode big rubber ducks they would still be violent thugs. The fact that they ride motorcycles is largely irrelevant.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5597

Winston_Churchill wrote:

hells angels? theres tons of them around here.  ive never heard of a single motorcycle club other than them.
wat

Biker gangs call themselves 1 percenters because by their own admission only 1% of all bikers are criminals. Hell the largest biker club in the world is the blue knights. It's a club for current and retired police.

Also
https://www.dallasfortworthcaraccidentlawyer.com/ninja%20two.jpg
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6471|UK
Erp dep ding dang puhlease don't run me over. At least get some normal looking people to go on the advert.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5047|Massachusetts, USA

wah1188 wrote:

Erp dep ding dang puhlease don't run me over. At least get some normal looking people to go on the advert.
Not possible, no normal looking person owns a bike.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6750|Toronto | Canada

Macbeth wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

hells angels? theres tons of them around here.  ive never heard of a single motorcycle club other than them.
wat

Biker gangs call themselves 1 percenters because by their own admission only 1% of all bikers are criminals.
um no

Outlaw motorcycle club members can be distinguished by a 1% patch worn on the colors. This is claimed to be a reference a comment by the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) in which they stated that 99% of motorcyclists were law-abiding citizens, implying that the last one percent were outlaws. The comment, supposedly a response to the Hollister riot in 1947,[24][25] is denied by the AMA - who claim to have no record of such a statement to the press, and that the story is a misquotation.
Also, Canada apparently has the highest per capita Hells Angels members than anywhere else, I didnt know that.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5597

Most be nothing else better to do in Canada eh.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

or only retards ride motorcycles here
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6748|Oxferd Ohire
generalizations innit
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

everything is a generalization
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6522|Gold Coast
After sitting my motorbike test, I think everyone should have a go at doing it. It made me appreciate how intimidating other vehicles can be at times.
Hopefully then all of the 'soccermoms' will have a little more respect for the road on which they drive.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6302|Washington St.
At the request of my father who rides I took the written test and the riding course (it's either a 3-day course or a 30 minute test to get your endorsement. Obv you have to know what you're doing to pass the 30 min test so if you're a newb like most people then the course makes more sense [and gets money of insurance]).

You get a better sense of driving when you see it from their angle instead of being close minded and thinking you always have the right-of-way to bikers.

side note: getting my endorsement has now made me want a bike very very bad. It's a LOT more fun than it looks.

and going with the derail:

https://i.imgur.com/LA93s.jpg
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6167|Vancouver | Canada

wah1188 wrote:

Someone didn't get the PSA.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6484|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Macbeth wrote:

Biker gangs call themselves 1 percenters because by their own admission only 1% of all bikers are criminals.
Not quite.

1%. This is claimed to be a reference a comment by the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) in which they stated that 99% of motorcyclists were law-abiding citizens, implying that the last one percent were outlaws. The comment, supposedly a response to the Hollister riot in 1947, is denied by the AMA - who claim to have no record of such a statement to the press, and that the story is a misquotation. As a result, outlaw motorcycle clubs and their members are commonly referred to as "one percenters".
Outlaw = biker who is not an AMA member. So basically everyone riding a bike outside the US (and a shitload in the US, unless you automatically are not a member of AMA when you own a bike and pay some tax etc) is an outlaw. Percent got just a wee bigger
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6663

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Drunken_Tankdriver wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Motorcycles seem needlessly dangerous and inconvenient to me. It seems its survived from its 'cool' factor, which usually results in douchebags and bike gangs making up most of their ridership
There is nothing wrong with a motorcycle club. Easy now...
hells angels? theres tons of them around here.  ive never heard of a single motorcycle club other than them... motorcycles are highly impractical due to living in canada, so yes, the majority of owners seem to be from the bottom of the gene pool
Not all clubs are 1% clubs. There are charity, religious, and military veterans clubs. Wheather you are a 1%'er or a soccer mom we all have a common bond. Thanks to the COC, biker violance has ended and now we all work together to stand up for our rights as bikers. There is alot bigger picture than what you see my friend.
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6663
as far as everybody goes on their 1% theory associating it with AMA is a bunch of bullshit. The 1% came from the hollister, california incident. The news reporter basically said "this sort of crazy behavior comes from 1% of the population in the country".

If there is a 1% club then that means they are an outlaw group. Examples being; Hells Angles, Sons of Silence, Outlaws, and Sin City Deciples. These people are not necessarily bad people, but you still dont want to fuck with them. You WILL get your ass handed to you. Plain and simple. There is no label for an outsider of the AMA. They could give a fuck less about something like that. They just do their thing and want to be left alone, like everybody else!

Last edited by Drunken_Tankdriver (2011-04-04 12:42:58)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5270|foggy bottom
theres a motorcycle club around here that has a lot of active and retired cops in it
Tu Stultus Es
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6663

eleven bravo wrote:

theres a motorcycle club around here that has a lot of active and retired cops in it
another good example for clubs. there are so many different types. Its pretty neat.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5369|London, England
I've always hated riding with other people. A) I become way more aggressive and B) You become dependent on the skill of the riders around you instead of it just being you vs the cars in traffic. I'll stick to riding solo.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6583

Jay wrote:

I've always hated riding with other people. A) I become way more aggressive and B) You become dependent on the skill of the riders around you instead of it just being you vs the cars in traffic. I'll stick to riding solo.
https://i.imgur.com/0LV10.jpg

and you vs the cars? you deserve to get splattered if you're riding like a prick

Last edited by Toilet Sex (2011-04-04 13:11:16)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5713|College Park, MD
I saw a bunch of people who had to be in a club the other day. None of them looked like your stereotypical biker, hell judging by the location a lot of them are probably high-earning white-collar types.

I'd love to get a bike, but there's only so much you can do to reduce your risk before it's up to chance whether or not you're the unlucky guy who gets in the way of a drunk wannabe-commando H2 driver. And yes that applies to driving cars as well, but I'd rather get hit by a car while in a car than on a bike.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6508

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

And yes that applies to driving cars as well, but I'd rather get hit by a car while in a car than on a bike.
what a coincidence, we'd rather see you get hit aswell!
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5713|College Park, MD

burnzz wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

And yes that applies to driving cars as well, but I'd rather get hit by a car while in a car than on a bike.
what a coincidence, we'd rather see you get hit aswell!
what a coincidence, you suck cock!

<3
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5369|London, England

Toilet Sex wrote:

Jay wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/0LV10.jpg

and you vs the cars? you deserve to get splattered if you're riding like a prick
It's ALWAYS you vs the cars when you're on a motorcycle. You HAVE to assume that every car driver is a blind retard. Bikes are hard to see and too many people drive while paying very little attention.

I didn't mean it in a 'haha, i'm gonna weave through traffic like a jackass'. I meant it in a maintaining situational awareness and riding uber-defensively sort of way.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6589|Columbus, OH
Some lady pulled out of her driveway and t-boned my friend's coworker while he was riding his bike to work. He survived but shattered his leg bone(s) plus some other injuries. It will not be a quick recovery...a twenty-something year old dude now limps/hobble and uses a cane.

Anyway, accidents can come from any where plus you can not really rely on drivers nowadays, which is why I don't ride.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5972|Places 'n such
2 family members died in motorcycle accidents, 3 out of 4 of my uncles have had bikes and all of them have ended up hospitalised coming off them, so has my granddad. My mum freaked when I told her I might get one so i'm gonna lay off the idea for a while
Think my dad's the only family member who's had one and not hurt himself, though he got rid of it after a short time.
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard