11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5382|Cleveland, Ohio

Turquoise wrote:

Shahter wrote:

how does a clown become president on the usa?
...the same way one becomes president of Russia...   money.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6746|132 and Bush

and Biden is over there lecturing them on corruption.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 … 99756.html
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6746|132 and Bush

Kmar wrote:

Gadhafi's forces recapture oil town of Ras Lanuf, forcing Libya rebels to flee to the east. If the NATO UN thinks that airstrikes a no fly zone is going to remove Gadhafi protect civilians, they might be in for a huge waste of time and money surprise.

Last edited by Obama (23 minutes, 38 seconds ago)
aaand right on cue.

https://i.imgur.com/qaSzZ.png
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6556|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

What does chance have to do with the argument?
Everything, essentially.
No it doesn't, they are both at risk we just choose to take a risk with cheap infantry but not with expensive pilots and aircraft.
Chance of survival has everything to do with level of threat. If the chance of survival is higher, the level of threat is lower. The math is simple.

Dilbert_X wrote:

I have no clue what Obama is up to, deploying the military when there is no threat to the US, going to the UN to get a resolution to protect civilians and then deciding the objective is regime change.

I heard on the radio that of the first 200 cruise missiles fired 193 were fired by the US.
So much for no more foreign adventures eh?
You'll get no argument from any of the Americans here, I think.

The US interests involved in this "foreign adventure" are unclear, even after "the great orator" orated the other night. I'm sure a large part of the Congressional disapproval is partisan, but even some of his own party are unhappy with the lack of Congressional involvement in this.

I suppose the proof will be in the pudding. Some expensive and bloody pudding...
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
11 Bravo
Banned

Kmar wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Gadhafi's forces recapture oil town of Ras Lanuf, forcing Libya rebels to flee to the east. If the NATO UN thinks that airstrikes a no fly zone is going to remove Gadhafi protect civilians, they might be in for a huge waste of time and money surprise.

Last edited by Obama (23 minutes, 38 seconds ago)
aaand right on cue.

http://i.imgur.com/qaSzZ.png
gay.  fucking gay.
FEOS
+1,182|6556|'Murka

Waiting for Russia and others to bolt on the UNR. As they should.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6251|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

I suppose the proof will be in the pudding. Some expensive and bloody pudding...
With depleted uranium sprinkled all over.
Yay.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
+1,182|6556|'Murka

I don't think there's any DU munitions being used.

Even if there were...meh.
― Albert Einstein

eleven bravo
+1,399|5404|foggy bottom
the DU myth
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned

eleven bravo wrote:

the DU myth
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6144|...
wasnt DU used in iraq/afgh?
inane little opines
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5181|Massachusetts, USA

Shocking wrote:

wasnt DU used in iraq/afgh?
Yes, to great effect against Iraqi armor (first gulf war.) Not sure about the current, didn't think Afghanistan had much armor to begin with, and Iraq I'm not too sure about their armor either.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5404|foggy bottom
I could speak on my experience and during my deployment a year after the invasion we were not issues DU and neither was any other unit in Task Force Baghdad (50,000 troops).  I know this because the unit they attached us with during the summer of 05 tried to have some kind of environmental report on the DU ammunition they thought we had when we lost one of drivers to an IED and and they were worried about contamination.  we had to let them know we didnt have any.
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned
had them during the invasion but they were not allowed to use those rounds within a certain radius to towns or water...or something like that.
UnkleRukus
That Guy

eleven bravo wrote:

I could speak on my experience and during my deployment a year after the invasion we were not issues DU and neither was any other unit in Task Force Baghdad (50,000 troops).  I know this because the unit they attached us with during the summer of 05 tried to have some kind of environmental report on the DU ammunition they thought we had when we lost one of drivers to an IED and and they were worried about contamination.  we had to let them know we didnt have any.
Wow, I honestly am speechless about that.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5404|foggy bottom
Id assume we would have em for the invasion.  I know they told us to stay the fuck away from all the dead iraqi tanks on the FOB boneyard because of the contamination.   But that was only for like 1 month right?
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5404|foggy bottom
summer of 04, my bad
Tu Stultus Es
UnkleRukus
That Guy
The biological half life of DU is like what, 15 days?
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+796|6829|United States of America
EDIT: Erasing my ignorance

I'm confused as to what we're doing in Libya though. We're half-assedly supporting these rebels, but what happens if Gaddhafi manages to crush them? All of us western nations just go back to twiddling our thumbs and pretend nothing happened?

Last edited by DesertFox- (2011-03-30 08:49:45)

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6144|...
Was the military supposed to clean up the tanks?

I remember seeing a report/documentary of people walking by blown up Iraqi tanks and the like that were not cleaned up with geiger counters and the like. I don't remember exactly how much radiation was produced or how long the tanks had been there but it was pretty convincing. Granted there was probably an amount of bullshit in it but kids aren't supposed to be playing on a blown up tank that makes a geiger counter go insane. Think they went in some houses too.

eleven bravo wrote:

That's fucking awful tbh, jesus.
inane little opines
eleven bravo
+1,399|5404|foggy bottom
I dont know.  Ive never handled it.  Even though I was mechanized infantry and we get that shit as part of our ammo load Ive only used HE, AP and the practice rounds for HE and AP.  SInce there was no armor threat in iraq after 2003 they dont want to risk getting soldiers needlessly exposed to that shit. 

and for everyone who says DU is the reason for the rise of birth defects and abnormalities in iraqi children, theyve never seen how polluted with chemicals not from the US that country is.  Found trace elements of all sorts of bio and chem substances in the water table in the area I was at

Last edited by eleven bravo (2011-03-30 08:49:32)

Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned
i love the smell of DU in the morning.  smells like....victory.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6144|...
yeah I can understand, don't think just the tanks would cause a really noticeable rise in birth defects either tbh. A lot is needed for that.

I thought you would only be loaded in the Bradley and dumped, not that you'd actually help operate it - or well, I suppose that's standard for mech. infantry no
inane little opines
eleven bravo
+1,399|5404|foggy bottom

Shocking wrote:

Was the military supposed to clean up the tanks?

I remember seeing a report/documentary of people walking by blown up Iraqi tanks and the like that were not cleaned up with geiger counters and the like. I don't remember exactly how much radiation was produced or how long the tanks had been there but it was pretty convincing. Granted there was probably an amount of bullshit in it but kids aren't supposed to be playing on a blown up tank that makes a geiger counter go insane. Think they went in some houses too.

eleven bravo wrote:

That's fucking awful tbh, jesus.
the awful part was clearing out the vehicle of equipment, weapons and ammo.  I was put on that detail.
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5404|foggy bottom

Shocking wrote:

yeah I can understand, don't think just the tanks would cause a really noticeable rise in birth defects either tbh. A lot is needed for that.

I thought you would only be loaded in the Bradley and dumped, not that you'd actually help operate it - or well, I suppose that's standard for mech. infantry no
yep.  if youre lucky you stay a dismount.  If you aint, you get your turn with the mounted.  Being mounted definately has its perks.  I remember how I was always bitching about how they stuck me as a driver one time when I wanted to be on the ground with my saw.  During one patrol, we had to hump 15 miles in the middle of july while it was 120 degrees.  They asked me if I wanted to switch out with any of the tired dismounts I said "fuck that"  I mean its hot as fuck inside a track but at least I could beat off when we park.
Tu Stultus Es

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard