Poll

Who want's to see changes to Squadleader spawning?

Don't know nothing about it 26% 26% - 11 73% 73% - 31
Where am I? 57% 57% - 24 42% 42% - 18
Total: 42
l=l-Oneill-l=l
+27|6871|Dundas, ONT, Canada
There's a new Battlefield 2 Community Update concerning the squads. Check it out,

Quote:We at DICE and EA are aware of the concern surrounding the coming change to squad selection. We would like to take a moment to ease the feelings of tension related to this change.

Our goal is to refocus game play on team work, squad coordination and to also remove the spawning exploit used by some. In BF2 we introduced tools that would allow players to support one another as they battle for control points. To further enhance this aspect of game play squads were introduced to give players even more tools to coordinate their efforts and support each other.

Allowing squad mates to spawn on the squad leader was intended to provide an easy way for squads to stay together during chaotic battles. Unfortunately squad leaders have been used by some to launch team wide attacks on remote parts of maps with little thought to actual team unity beyond these maneuvers.

We believe this change will refocus the game play on team work and add more value to the roles of Squad Lead and Commander.

For One Thing. Idon't like it a bit. But that just me. Just want to know what the rest of BF2 community thinks.
mr.widdim
The Second Apostle Of Chuy
+78|6739|Flaming_Maniac = pwnd.

That is the worst poll ever. This is also a potentially bad idea on EA's part.

Edit: You spelled spawning wrong and you double posted this topic...

Last edited by mr.widdim (2006-05-09 18:15:53)

l=l-Oneill-l=l
Gees it was a poll and all I wanted to know how may people think this was a bad idea. Plus who cares about my bad speling.
mr.widdim

All I am saying is that the options, "Don't know nothing about it" and "Where am I?" Are lame.
Sniper926
Bullet Magnet
+14|6597|A good vantage point...
Anyway - back to the topic at hand...while I don't really agree with the practice of team spawning on one squad leader (which would have to be in blocks of 5 at a time - not counting SL - and the rest of the squad leaving as soon as they spawned to make room for others anyway)...it's sometimes the only way to get back into a game that has had all friendly flags capped and only a couple of squad leaders floating around. What sucks though is when the SL is in a full chopper or armour and you can't spawn in on them anyway !!! Which basically means you have 3-5 players which are trying to survive (instead of capping flags) vs. up to 32 enemies baying for their blood and no way for anyone else to join back in...which eventually leads to 'unfriendly' comments like "Just die already", etc...I, for one, LIKE being able to spawn in on my squad leader - and as a squad leader, I like my squad to be able to spawn in on ME which is why I try to make myself accessible in just the situations I noted above. I guess like anything though, you do get players who abuse this - I know I've seen many a message saying "player has joined your squad", followed immediately by "player has left your squad", but I think it would be a mistake to get rid of this because it definitely will have an adverse effect on players who actually use it properly.
Maj.Do
+85|6786|good old CA
i dont get the poll options
evilduckz
+1|6598
Way to be a retard at designing polls. First off the "where am i" make absolutly no sense, not to mention the fact that you have two radial buttons for each question. Am I supposed to magically know which button is yes or no?
Chorcai
+49|6682|Ireland
In all the time Ive played Ive never seen lets say ten guys jump into a SL spwan point and jump back out again. Half the time Im in a squad and the SL dies he doesnt leave the squad and rejoins even when all of the SM's are alive. I think its going to mess up Bf2 its a crappy idea that will turn alot of people off.
marinebio
+5|6596|Easton, Pa.
Nice poll by the way. The idea of spawning on your squad leader after death enhances the squads opportunity to capture the flag point, re-engage in a firefight or to just rejoin the squad enroute to a position. I happen to agree with ea on this one. In game you have many people jumping in and out squads to their advantage. Leaving the squad once they spawn to gain tactical advantage over the enemy. If somone wants to truley be a squad member of that particular squad then they wont have a problem with this fix.
marinebio
+5|6596|Easton, Pa.

Chorcai wrote:

In all the time Ive played Ive never seen lets say ten guys jump into a SL spwan point and jump back out again. Half the time Im in a squad and the SL dies he doesnt leave the squad and rejoins even when all of the SM's are alive. I think its going to mess up Bf2 its a crappy idea that will turn alot of people off.
Well ..........ten guys jumping into a squad would be impossible, since squads are made up of only 6 players. I have personaly left squads as SL to return to them as SM to re-spawn at a certain point. I have seen this in regular game play and in clan match play. It's a good idea to have this bug fixed, in my opinion.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6827|Jupiter
Agreed, one of the worst polls ever, i cant even figure out what your asking.
herrr_smity
+156|6662|space command ur anus
wtf did i just vote for
a simple yes or no is better then super funky alternatives

Last edited by herrr_smity (2006-05-10 14:38:32)

l=l-Oneill-l=l
First time I've made a Poll on theis server. I'm sorry I've made a misstake, big deal. forget the poll just plainly tell me: WHAT DO YOU THING ABOUT CHANGES OF SQUAD LEADER SPAWNING?
There plain and simple quation.
l=l-Oneill-l=l

mr.widdim wrote:

All I am saying is that the options, "Don't know nothing about it" and "Where am I?" Are lame.
Here is what happened, It gave an option Yes and No. when i tried to posted site told me to choose two more options so i picked two quations you see for kicks. When I hit "submit", it gave me what you see now. I tried to edit site would not let me. There whole story and i'm sticking to it. And for all who gave me a negative karm. BIG F@#$ING DEAL.
l=l-Oneill-l=l

marinebio wrote:

Nice poll by the way. The idea of spawning on your squad leader after death enhances the squads opportunity to capture the flag point, re-engage in a firefight or to just rejoin the squad enroute to a position. I happen to agree with ea on this one. In game you have many people jumping in and out squads to their advantage. Leaving the squad once they spawn to gain tactical advantage over the enemy. If somone wants to truley be a squad member of that particular squad then they wont have a problem with this fix.
But what about when you squad leader and you got killed and you want to get back to your squad, witch still at the flag you trying to take. Let's just say you don't have a medic in your sqaud. Normaly you get out of squad and respawn on your new squad leader. Now you won't be able to do this. This game full of exploit but you can get rid off all of them. In my opinion squad leader spawnig sholud of left alone.
herrr_smity
+156|6662|space command ur anus
spawning on commander is, well i think its easy almost to easy. taking it away will make it harder to take points and making the squads more tactical
a fly
+105|6678|The netherlands

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

There's a new Battlefield 2 Community Update concerning the squads. Check it out,

Quote:We at DICE and EA are aware of the concern surrounding the coming change to squad selection. We would like to take a moment to ease the feelings of tension related to this change.

Our goal is to refocus game play on team work, squad coordination and to also remove the spawning exploit used by some. In BF2 we introduced tools that would allow players to support one another as they battle for control points. To further enhance this aspect of game play squads were introduced to give players even more tools to coordinate their efforts and support each other.

Allowing squad mates to spawn on the squad leader was intended to provide an easy way for squads to stay together during chaotic battles. Unfortunately squad leaders have been used by some to launch team wide attacks on remote parts of maps with little thought to actual team unity beyond these maneuvers.

We believe this change will refocus the game play on team work and add more value to the roles of Squad Lead and Commander.

For One Thing. Idon't like it a bit. But that just me. Just want to know what the rest of BF2 community thinks.
not a flame againt you, but against ea

isent leaderswitching the ultimate form of teamwork??? how can it be less teamworky then to change leaders, spawn behind the new leader, heal him, kill the enemy, cap a flag with him??? he stays back and gets no points for beeing squad leader like a commander does.....(oke, commanders do work usualy).

however, looking from ea's point of view, your THE MAN if you even have 1 point. otherwise a defended flag would be more....

and spawning on the squad leader is 90% of the time USELESS, cause the commander sits back and commands, when the flag hes near gets taking its handy, and when hiding somewhere and spamming or not doing its job its handy *gets a evil grin and looks at a pack of c4*
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6724|Tampa Bay Florida
this poll is teh sux0r

oneill ftl
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6797

Where's Yes and No?
Odaewan
+1|6596
I think this is an extremely bad idea especially since there are people who use the squad leader mechanism properly. Not to mention there is no need for this fix since there is a mechanism in place to counter it:
- Lock Squad
EA/DICE should focus on fixing the bug related to locking the squad to resolve this issue not put another arbitrary limitation that players will find a way around it in a short time.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6800|UK
Well done... i made this post about 2 weeks ago, obviously you havent paid much attention, before the news was even anounced.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=22608&p=1

If ppl go to this theres a link to a petition to stop this change.
mr.widdim

Spearhead wrote:

this poll is teh sux0r

oneill ftl
I tried to say that in a nice way... thanks for just spewing it out...
MMad
+0|6744
LOL at the poll, and people's reactions to it.

As for the actual question: I think the upcoming change will improve my enjoyment of the game on public servers, and encourage better, tighter squad play, but it seems it might wreck hell with the way clans play the game.

I guess I think it'd be optimal to have the new functionality as a server setting, with ranked servers required to have it turned on.
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6719|Seattle
The poll is good comic relief!

I really don't cre either way about the squad hopping.
Zukabazuka
+23|6720
When I'm in a squad I wanna be in that squad and work with them. Don't wont any people jumping in and out just to be able to earn more points. Now you really have to work as a team to do good in the game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard