theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6739
Hi Guys n Gals, Long time.

There might be someone here that will be able to answer me this questions.

I need a tool which will automatically change the background of an image, but keep the foreground intact.

e.g. this image found here...
See this image

The top half of the image's background has been replaced by a standard one with the logo in the top left.

Now I know I could do this in photoshop using either magic wand, or creating a path around the car, but I need this to be automated.

Anyone know of anything?

Many thanks
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6836|"Frisco"

Automated? For any object that sits in the foreground of any picture? Nothing I know can do that. Computers, generally speaking, can't tell foreground from background.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6739
Yeah automated.

Wouldn't be for any object that sits in the foreground, but probably based on either regular shapes or colors. e.g. the shape of the car in the image above.

The company that produced the image in my post seem to be producing the images daily for vehicles entering their site. I can't see someone sitting there all day everyday editing the images manually so thought maybe there was a tool.

I will keep looking As it is annoying me!
jsnipy
+3,276|6511|...

they might be taking pics of their cars with a green screen and applying them over a stock background
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6739
Yeah I thought that might be what they were doing, but you can see through the windows and see things behind.

I found a tool called Fluid Mask for Photoshop which could be what they are using, but still a manual process. I guess this is the sort of thing they are using as a fully automatic tool would not be 100% reliable.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6486

i use topaz remask. manual, but it does pretty well.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6145|Vancouver | Canada
Magic eraser?
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6739
@bunrzz is it free?
@DefCon-17 that built into Photoshop?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6486

nope, it's part of the topaz suite - http://www.topazlabs.com/

edit; it's a photoshop plug-in

Last edited by burnzz (2011-03-22 14:14:20)

DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6145|Vancouver | Canada

theDude5B wrote:

@bunrzz is it free?
@DefCon-17 that built into Photoshop?
Yup, click and hold on the eraser tool. It should pop up a menu with the magic eraser in it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard